PDA

View Full Version : MC Sniper

Rye
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I was at school, and my Korean friend let me listen to his iPod, and I was listening to some of his K-Pop/K-Rap and I heard this track by MC Sniper and some other Korean rappers, and my jaw literally dropped. Here is the music video:

YouTube - MC Sniper-Better Than Yesterday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZu-tN3asJQ)

4:43 especially, listen to how fast he raps! He supposedly has a world record, or at least Korea's record, for fastest rapping. I love it. I also like how that Rocky song is sampled.

DK
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
he be a good eyes snip3r yo

Rye
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
he be a good eyes snip3r yo

I'll fight you, Kumar. Brown man to greasy eyetie. Come on.

How did you like that video, btw? I was meaning to show it to you last night, but I forgot because I got distracted by weaseling dirty stories out of you.

DK
05-28-2008, 07:38 PM
The beat is unnecessarily sick but while there are some languages that work well with hop hop (English, French, Japanese etc) there are some that should never be allowed anywhere near it (German, Swedish and now Korean) so yeah. Would be pretty valid if it didn't sound so spooty

rubah
05-28-2008, 07:40 PM
the koreans do some of my favorite rap, I'll have you know.

(the TRAX)

wikipedia calls them a rock band, but it is definitely a lie.

Shoeberto
05-28-2008, 07:40 PM
That sounded really cool, but like Dan said I think it was the beat that really did it. Without being able to understand anything they say it's kinda hard to put much significance to it. I'll prolly check out some of his other stuff though.

Rye
05-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I have to disagree with the language thing, Dan, only because the French rapping I've heard is laughable (though I'll admit that I haven't heard that much of it), and I really like how Korean sounds.

YouTube - [MV] MC Sniper ft. Yuri - Bumiyeo Ora (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYFrqi2KMWU) <--- I quite like this MC Sniper song too.

Madame Adequate
05-28-2008, 07:55 PM
French rap is actually some of the best I've ever heard, tbh.

Rye
05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm probably just biased then, because I really don't like how the French language sounds. I like languages like German, Norwegian, etc, more from Europe, even though they're considered more harsh and "ugly" for some reason. If I want to listen to a fruity-sounding European language, Italian satisfies it completely, since it's fruity and gorgeous.

I do quite like French choral music though.

Big D
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
French rap is actually some of the best I've ever heard, tbh.This.

It's kinda funny - French is normally regarded as a beautiful and lyrical language when spoken, but it makes better rap than German, which is commonly considered harsher and more abrasive on the ears.
Yet in song, German often seems to work better than French. I've long been vaguely amused by this.