PDA

View Full Version : Pulled an awesome prank today.

Roxxas
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I've always worn a glove on one hand. Its just something I do. A bunch of people at my college started bugging me about it asking why I did it. So just for giggles I told them my hand was infected and extremely dangerous and I kept it on for protection. Then they started pestering me constantly to look at it and I refused so I could watch them squirm. After about a week of refusing to show them I got an idea from a metacafe video I had seen(really tried to find the video to post it because it is what inspired me and all credit goes to him, but I can't for the life of me find the darn thing).

So i started to work on my little prank. The things I used were: two gloves, a box of matches, and a can of lighter fluid. One glove needs to be small enough to fit in the other glove while allowing a little bit of room but not enough that it isn't snug. They also must be heat/fire proof and can't absorb liquid to well. It's a bonus if you can manage to get the smaller glove close to your skin color. Overall a pain to find but I managed.

First cut the igniter part of the box of matches of and glue it to the top of the smaller glove. Then glue the match on the inside of the big glove so that it is over the ignition part you glued and very snug. Basically what happens if you rip the glove of quickly which pulls the match over the match box piece and lights it. Then just put a covering of lighter fluid on the smaller glove. Put on the big glove and get ready for some fun :P

I went to college with it on the next day and they of course asked me why I was wearing such a big glove. I told them the infection was even worse today and I had thought of staying home. I told them if they really wanted to see it so bad to follow me outside to the concrete area out back(so as not to get passerby's or burn anything). Then, cause I'm such a fan of drama, I raised my hand in the air, then ripped the glove off. It lit up perfectly and the reaction from them totally made it worth all the pain in the butt effort. Lots of screaming and sprinting back inside, also with lots of screaming. Needless to say I stood there and had a good laugh at their expense :).

Akaria
05-29-2008, 08:40 AM
You're my hero:bigsmile:

Dolentrean
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh, Did I mention thats Awesome?

Seriously man... that is great.

Big D
05-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Creative, but an awful lot of effort - and risk - to go through just to wind up your mates:p
Not something that anyone should try, unless they've had training in stunt work or pyrotechnics. Absorbency is a tricky thing; a glove might seem like it won't absorb lighter fluid, when in reality it might just take a while to do it. This trick could easily lead to someone discovering 'the hard way' that the lighter fluid has partially dissolved their glove, giving them a hand that's basically covered in napalm.

Proxy
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
1000 internets to you!
well done sir.

duckie
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I've always worn a glove on one hand. Its just something I do. :).
Michael Jackson? Is that you? :p

But seriously, that was a really awesome prank. Pure genius.

Blue Harvest
05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
I've always worn a glove on one hand. Its just something I do. :).
Michael Jackson? Is that you? :p

I was thinking the same thing :tongue:

Balzac
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Who are you? Michael Jackson or something?

rubah
05-29-2008, 03:19 PM
you could always use something that burns really cold like butane or whatever.

I knew a guy that said he used to light himself on fire using butane[or whatever the stuff was]. it weirded me out.

Gogo
05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Michael Jackson joke! :p

I'd have trouble pulling that off. It would be too hard to keep a straight face. A+ to you, sir. A+.

Shoeberto
05-29-2008, 06:33 PM
giving them a hand that's basically covered in napalm.
Oh man, that would be me.

Also, I'm gonna call a vid or it didn't happen 8)

Gogo
05-29-2008, 06:35 PM
You should have been asking for handshakes. :p

KentaRawr!
05-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Roxxas = http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6784/10ag3.gif?

smittenkitten
05-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Omg that is the best thing ever. You the man! :kaocheer:

strawberryman
05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
That's awesome. *gives pie*

cloud21zidane16
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
That was an awesome prank!:D Well done:beer:

Vivisteiner
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
You rock!