PDA

View Full Version : character similarities

MedctnStn
05-30-2008, 04:09 AM
anyone notice that vayne looks a lot like laguna from FF8? did SE do this on purpose or not?

PeneloRatsbane
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
a bit but Vayne has clearly been using the hair curlers.
Ashe and Yuna have some similarities too
and i've always thought Vincent and Tifa look the same
and basch and gabranth....oh no wait, they are twins.

Big D
05-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Vayne kind of looks like a more stressed and more... realistic Laguna. Laguna's hair and skin just seem too perfect sometimes; Vayne's got a lot of humanising 'imperfections'.

PeneloRatsbane
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah and he really bulked up towards the end

demondude
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Vaan and Tidus remind me of each other due to the constant whining and the fact that they are both incredibly annoying.

Suvious
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Balthier reminds me of Jack Sparrow from POTC

PeneloRatsbane
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I think if Balthier were to some how have a cross demensionaly love-child with Yuffie then it would be jack sparrow,
what with his pirateness, accent and charm and her drunked ramblings and furious jack sparrow arm movements, also she could probably nick Vincents head band and give it to the child and voila it would be captain jack

[.Pearl.]
06-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Whoa, good call. I never noticed that Vayne looks like Laguna, but he does. 8| weird.

I think Ashe looks annoyingly like Yuna. I swear they are the same damn character, just with a hair color difference. Their faces have similar features. I mean, they could've at least changed the heroine's hairstyle.

I think Penelo is a remake of Rikku. She's playful, she's blonde (with pigtails, like Rikku's X design), she's a secondary heroine, and she's not that good in battle.

PeneloRatsbane
06-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I dunno, Penelo has a mothering quality and she seems more responisble and serious than Rikku. Penelo is head strong and worries about Vaan, her and Vaan act as surrogate parents to the orphans.
Penelo also isn't good looking, until the end of the game when she gets very very hot!

Gnostic Yevon
06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
;2501811']Whoa, good call. I never noticed that Vayne looks like Laguna, but he does. 8| weird.

I think Ashe looks annoyingly like Yuna. I swear they are the same damn character, just with a hair color difference. Their faces have similar features. I mean, they could've at least changed the heroine's hairstyle.

I think Penelo is a remake of Rikku. She's playful, she's blonde (with pigtails, like Rikku's X design), she's a secondary heroine, and she's not that good in battle.

Only in personality. She LOOKS a lot like Selphie. Balthier looks maybe like Irvine, and I think other than the tail, there is a definate resemblance between Vaan and Zidane.

But I still can't get used to the idea that Moogles look like giant hamsters.

Unstoppable Pig
11-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Penelo actually has more unique personality than hyper active Rikku/Yuffie/ Selphie. Well maybe not unique but she is much more like Tifa with her mothering and caring about everyone.

Vaan is Tidus/Zidane but lamer. He is cool when is he is angry and I wish they had made Vaan more masquline and tougher like they originally intended.

Ashe looks just like Yuna but their personalities are totally different. When I played first time XII I was surprised that Ashe was cold bitch and not like Yuna but hey better that than being Yuna-copy.

The FF character similarity that really bothers me is that Luneth looks like young Sephiroth. FF III has race called "Ancients" just like FFVII. Luneth and Sephiroth also share common hobby: killing people with "Cloud" in their name.

crazybayman
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Vaan and Tidus remind me of each other due to the constant whining and the fact that they are both incredibly annoying.

Although, due to Vaan being a bigger fairy, Tidus would easily be able to kick his a$$.

But on the Vayne resembling laguna - I noticed that before the game was released, when screenshots were pre-released.

OMG LAGUNA IS TTLY A GOOD GUY IN VIII BUT A BADDIE IN XII.

Future Esthar
11-10-2008, 10:08 PM
yes.Imagine Squall´s surprise would he see Vayne.He would think:"That idiot is a tyrant taking over the world?!!!!!LOL"

arcanedude34
11-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Balthier reminds me of Jack Sparrow from POTC
Just without the drunk and the possible insanity. That's how I always picture Balthier. Well, that and a Ye Olde-ish James Bond.

Penelo isn't really based on Rikku, other than the age. She can be KIND of immature, but not any more than any realistic teenage girl. That's why I don't hate Vaan or Penelo, because they're much more realistic than most other characters in the entire series. They are both in my permanent reserve group, though.

If you want to get technical, Rikku is based on Eiko, who was based on Selphie, who was based on Yuffie, who was LOOSELY based on Relm who was LOOSLEY based on Krile/Cara, who was EVEN MORE LOOSELY based on Rydia/Palom/Porom. And Balthier always reminded me of Setzer, personality wise. Zidane is probably based on Locke. Basch is what Cyan should have been, Vayne is what Seymour could have been, etc...

hotspot
12-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Fran reminds me of lilika from rogue galaxy and shania from shadow hearts 3. i feel that they are very similar. lilika and fran both have bow and arrows, they all have dark skin and it seems they all kind of an outdoors kind of person.

Well there is a similarity i know of but it could be for all final fantasies.
but i think there is something that is only in this final fantasy.

I have noticed that chocobos are very similar to kya dark lineage's "Jamgut". I've also noticed that they also have similar traits.

http://www.freewebs.com/maybe_im_a_lion/chocoboX.jpgchocobo

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/kyadarklineage/images//0/07/914598_20030824_screen041.jpgjamgut

for one they are both two legged animals, they both have wings or wing like things as arms, they both have a hairdo lets say and in the same direction, they both have a long tail, they both may be related to a bird ( jamguts have that flop under thier chin something that is found on roosters.) they can also both run faster if the master says so, they also have different types ( chocobo's come in other colors and the jamguts also have the royal jamgut).