PDA

View Full Version : OLD BOY

redxiiii
05-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Yo guys just watched some japanese flick called Old Boy, twas extremely awesome, its opened my eyes and i know realise that films with subtitles aint so baaaaad, anyway for those of you intrigued by this thread its about a man who gets imprisoned for 15 years without reason and is then released and has to find the man who imprisoned him, this thread really can't do the film justice, morpheus said it best..."you have to see it for yourself" :)

DK
05-31-2008, 12:04 AM
It's Korean. And yes, it's brilliant.

DMKA
05-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Yo guys just watched some Korean flick called Old Boy, twas extremely awesome

Fixed.

And yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Beaten to correction.

It's totally awesome. That fight scene in the corridor is just whoa.

41-Inches-Wide
05-31-2008, 02:59 AM
This is one of my favoritest movie ever! :kaoclove:

Karellen
05-31-2008, 04:01 AM
I could have done without the live octopus consumption but good movie otherwise.

Miriel
05-31-2008, 04:34 AM
It's a very sick and twisted movie. Parts of it were just amazing like the corridor fight sequence MILF mentioned. But in general, I didn't enjoy the movie so much as I was awed by it. I would probably never watch it a second time simply because it's a difficult movie to sit through if you're squeamish.

redxiiii
06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Korean gotcha, apoligies for my naivety.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-02-2008, 12:23 AM
It was hard to sit still while watching it. :(
I'm usually not so squeamish, but this movie did it.

Moon Rabbits
06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but it's part of the awesome Vengeance Trilogy by Park Chan-wook. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is a really, really good movie but it takes a really long time to get going, I think. But once it does, oh my god it is brutal blanket + electrocution scene = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is just as good and twisted as Mr Vengeance (and presumably Oldboy), but I think I prefer Mr Vengeance.

If you like Chan-wook's style, check out 3 Extremes, which he also directed (part of ... I think? There were a lot of people involved with it). Also a very fucked up movie!

I'm a Cyborg But That's OK is a comedy by Chan-wook, also worth checking out.

Necronopticous
06-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Yes, 3 Extremes is comprised of three short films from Park Chan-wook (Korea), Fruit Chan (China), and Takashi Miike (Japan). Fruit Chan's "Dumplings" is easily the greatest of the three, though.

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Yes, 3 Extremes is comprised of three short films from Park Chan-wook (Korea), Fruit Chan (China), and Takashi Miike (Japan). Fruit Chan's "Dumplings" is easily the greatest of the three, though.

Dumplings is my favourite! I love Takashi Miike, too. Audition is a very excellent movie. Dumplings is the only thing from Fruit Chan I've seen.