PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I've got the Red Gun, the Blue Gun, and the Chaff. I guess that's it!

KentaRawr!
05-31-2008, 03:59 AM
In some games, do you find that they offer up more than what is really required? Like, you could just beat the game, using this one item you got early on?

Share with us some examples.

Roto13
05-31-2008, 04:35 AM
In the original version of Pokemon Blue I used to use Venusaur exclusively. :P I would honestly go the whole game without ever switching him out.

Citizen Bleys
05-31-2008, 04:50 AM
Try winning the Zeon Campaign in Federation vs. Zeon with a Zaku II xD

Moon Rabbits
05-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Flying over every level as kirby? Yeah.

Bolivar
05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
The only weapons I equip in MGS3 are the Mk22 and CQC knife. But that's just how I play - other players might find the AK/shotgun more useful, so I wouldn't say in games like that (since that seems to be your example) that there are unnecessary items, they're just available for different styles of play.

Roto13
05-31-2008, 08:50 PM
^^ That. I only use bigger weapons during boss fights, since CQC is generally pretty worthless against them. :P

rubah
05-31-2008, 09:08 PM
sometimes I beat Bowser as little mario.

Big D
06-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I rather like games that offer some variety. Sure, when you've gained a fair mastery of the game, you can get by with the bare basics - but when you're still getting used to it, it's nice to have a bigger range to play with. MGS3, as already mentioned, is a good example. You can do it with just the tranq pistol, but the other weapons are much more appropriate for some of the fights. For instance, when fighting The Pain I always use the shotgun to get past his "I'm covered with bees!" armour, and the assault rifles are handy during the motorbike chase near the end. Then there's the sniping duel with The End, which gets all the more tense when it's sniper-against-sniper.

The same's largely true for nearly any combat-oriented game, from RPGs to third-person shooters.

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2008, 12:57 AM
The knife in the pre-RE4 RE games has always been worthless....I don't even know why its in the games sometimes. I also use the knife and MK.22 in MGS3 exclusively :D

Vermachtnis
06-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Poking Dracula to death with a shortsword is always fun.

ljkkjlcm9
06-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't like using better weapons that are limited. I almost always use the weakest weapons that have an abundance of it. I can't think of any game in particular, but it's most games where you have limited uses of superior items, or ammo and such.

THE JACKEL