PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Revivals

Depression Moon
06-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Since Smash bros Brawl came out I was thinking that this a great opportunity for Nintendo to bring out some more games on there old school characters. I don't think a console kirby game has been made since the 64, and the same for Star Fox too. I would like to see how a Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers would be like today. I used to also love playing F-Zero back on the SNES and they could remake that game for current gen although obviously they would have to make some updates. I never had a chance to play an Earthbound game either so I don't even know what type of game that is.

I heard that a couple of Sonic games are coming out late this year and I hope from his appearance in Smash that both of them will bring Sonic back into his former glory.

Momiji
06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Kid Icarus has been pretty much announced for a new Wii release. When it comes out or what it will look like, I don't know.

Kirby Air Ride was the most recent console Kirby release, I think. Of course, it hardly counts. I can't see Nintendo not releasing a new one though.

From what I've heard, Earthbound is coming to the Virtual Console. Pick it up there. :D

Dreddz
06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Kid Icarus has been pretty much announced for a new Wii release. When it comes out or what it will look like, I don't know.

You really have to wonder what they will do with a Kid Icarus game on the Wii. They dont really have much to work with considering there has only been two Kid Icarus games on the NES and Gameboy. Doing another in 3D would mean you'd have to completely rework the design of a Kid Icarus game which is a very daunting task as no matter what, your not going to please all the fans. Godspeed to whoever takes up the challenge of making a new Kid Icarus game.

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
There was a Star Fox and F-Zero game for the Cube so I'm certain its a shoe in for both since they've become Nintendo console staples like Mario and Zelda since their debut on SNES. Granted, the Cube version of Star Fox was anything but traditional so I can understand why no one recognizes it.

Most of my favorite Nintendo franchises are either still going strong (Mario and Zelda) or have already been revived (Metroid) though I wouldn't mind seeing a new 2D Metroid for the DS :D

KentaRawr!
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, Dreddz brings up a good point. They can't exactly expand upon the gameplay introduced in the originals using the Wii's technology, and if they do use their gameplay styles as reference, then it'll probably look extremely outdated. The New Kid Icarus will have to be an entirely different adventure. Maybe, they'll use the Kid Icarus name to fill in a genre they think they're missing on the Wii, and use games of that genre as basis, rather than Kid Icarus.

Edit: There were 2 Star Fox games on the GCN, actually. The first was just the cancelled game Dinosaur Planet but with Star Fox Characters, but the second was more true to the series. But, not many people were fond of the land missions, and the air missions were apparently few in number.

Roto13
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
There's been a Kirby Wii game in the works forever.

Depression Moon
06-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Do you think we can get another donkey Kong game that isn't a music rhythm game? Maybe Nintendo doesn't think they can make as good of a platfomer for the series like when Rare made the games. I don't want it to end up like Donkey Kong 64 though.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat wasn't rythm based, though it did use bongos. It also was hardly a DKC game at all, besides the fact that it was 2D. They just used the DK Character and made a whole new game with it.

Roto13
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Or they could put that monkey to sleep. There hasn't been a good Donkey Kong game since Donkey Kong Jr..

KentaRawr!
06-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Blasphemy. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was awesomesauce, as was Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong GBC. It's interesting, though, that all 3 of those games are totally different.

Roto13
06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Actually, yeah, that Donkey Kong Game Boy game and it's spiritual sequels (Mario and Donkey Kong 1 and 2) are a lot of fun. But the rest suck. Screw Donkey Kong Country. I think it's the only game Shigeru Miyamoto ever complained about.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
At least the only one he complained about officially, but so what if he didn't like it? :3 I sure did. And then there's still DK:JB.