PDA

View Full Version : Summer Cookouts (BBQs)

Depression Moon
06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
So it is now the month when Summer officially begins. I already started to have some cookouts in the previous month, three in fact and all of them on the same day. Are you having any bbq's or cookouts planned in the future and what foods are you looking forward to most? Me, I just love the hamburgers, fried fish, hotdogs, really everything. My mother's going to make a dirt cake for my graduation party this coming weekend.

Miriel
06-01-2008, 10:13 PM
My boyfriend and I cooked Korean BBQ last weekend. It was super good. Marinated (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar) beef with green onions and red bell pepper. Yum! The same weekend we also had some grilled bison burgers. First time I ever tried bison meet. Tasted just like regular cow meat to me.

My family has a BBQ like every other weekend. A few weeks ago we grilled some steak and shrimp and it was SO good. And I make really good burgers. The secret to a really moist burger is water, believe it or not. Just add like 1/4 cup of water and some finely minced onions into the ground beef and it should be really moist and flavorful.

I love BBQs. Especially Korean BBQ.

Heath
06-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I love BBQs but I've not been to one for absolutely ages. Nearly had one with some friends the other day, but the weather looked like it might take a turn for the worse and in the end we opted for an Indian takeaway instead. We had a rather disastrous one last year. We bought those single-use barbecue things from Tesco. They lasted for about an hour. The food was nice enough. A trolley was hijacked from Tesco and taken up to the forest in a nearby town where we had a barbecue and a camp fire going. In the end, when the barbecues ran out, we attempted (to little avail) to use the camp fire to cook stuff. What cooked was good, but after a while it was a bit of a failure. Hoping for more luck next time around.

duckie
06-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't have any planned yet, but I'm looking forward to them. I just really like eating cheesburgers and baked beans.

rubah
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
we had hamkabobs for lunch today and ate outside. Sounds like a cookout to me! I don't know what I would do if the Rollets made hamburgers and hotdogs. . . I might faint!

Rye
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Mmmmm, we had BBQ chicken wraps on Naan bread for dinner, delicioussss.

Shauna
06-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm planning a BBQ with my friends some point this week. I just hope the weather picks up! :)

cloud21zidane16
06-01-2008, 10:51 PM
If the weather here is good for a change then hopefully ill have a few BBQs i love beef burgers best:D

DMKA
06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
The last BBQ I went to I was repeatedly sexually assaulted. It was interesting.

Peegee
06-02-2008, 12:13 AM
We're having one tonight. BBQ awesome.

Shlup
06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I live in Southern California, so there's rarely a day we can't grill outside, but, either way... my favorite thing to grill is portabello mushroom with mozzarella cheese.

Old Manus
06-02-2008, 12:29 AM
The last BBQ I went to, I repeatedly sexually assualted this guy. I hope he found it interesting.

Madame Adequate
06-02-2008, 12:34 AM
All my childhood memories of BBQs are of atrociously boring and unpleasant family gatherings involving a group of very old Estonians talking about things I didn't care about, for a very long time, with absolutely nothing for me to do.

So I'm very unattracted to them!

Aerith's Knight
06-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I always make my famous Ketjap chicken and Kerrie chicken for BBQs

Yum Yum.. I b hungry.

oddler
06-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Let's all go to Araciel's!

I freaking hate barbecues but I'm all about cookouts. My family holds a cookout about once every other weekend.

Breine
06-02-2008, 08:51 AM
The weather has been really good here in the last months time, and my dad loves to grill.. so, we've had a lot of grilled food lately, which is super nice because it's really tasty.

Araciel
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Let's all go to Araciel's!

It's not that kind...

I would go to my parents rather, since they have awesome barbecues.

Depression Moon
06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm having one right now. Damn this burger is good!

theundeadhero
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I can count on finding a BBQ to go to nearly every weekend. We've had several since April.

Zeldy
06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
We had a BBQ this evening. My parents bought a proper barbecue, so as soon as the sun comes out it gets brought out of the garage. We have burgers and sausages and potatoes! (I don't know why we have potatoes, but we just do)