PDA

View Full Version : TURN INTO A GRILLED CHEESE YOU BLOB!

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Do you have anything particular that you're good at but the one thing within that area that you suck hard core at?

For me, it's clearly cooking. While I can cook epic dinners, I can -not- make a grilled cheese. I now have like 5 blobby grilled cheese attempts sitting on a plate showing my true shame.

Before my husband left, I had asked him to make me a grilled cheese and then said that I couldn't make them and he was all "Wtf how is that possible" because I'm like.. the three course dinner lady. Spending hours in the kitchen making the perfect meal.

Needless to say, he's not here and I -really- wanted one. So I've nearly wasted a entire loaf of bread to make a semi-decent edible grilled cheese. I'm going to take a picture of it and mail it to him at boot camp with the caption "I TOLD YOU I COULDN'T MAKE A GRILLED CHEESE".

... So yeah. Can you normally do something really well but -something- in that thing you can't?
Maybe you can draw epic people but can't draw animals?
Maybe you can do a crazy awesome algebra problem but can't do basic math?

Please, do share your shames with me.

Peegee
06-02-2008, 02:03 AM
I was chatting with Bonnie and these lines came out of nowhere. They fit your topic. Are you a stalker?

(6:02:11 PM) PG: I can solve anybody's problems but my own

Namelessfengir
06-02-2008, 02:05 AM
what do you mean you fail at grilled cheese? you preheat the griddle to 375 butter the bread put the butter side down ad cheese, second slice of bread wait five minutes, flip, five more minutes, eat

im a pretty good cook

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 02:09 AM
what do you mean you fail at grilled cheese? you preheat the griddle to 375 butter the bread put the butter side down ad cheese, second slice of bread wait five minutes, flip, five more minutes, eat

im a pretty good cook

xD I did -ALL- of that. But I think it was because my breads to soft. Every time I'd go to flip it, it'd tell me no and then die.

Dude, I'm the person who cooks Christmas dinner and Thanksgiving dinner because my family wants me to cook for them.
Grilled Cheese is just.. to simple for me to understand.

Bunny
06-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Don't use a spatula then. Flip the thing using only the pan. Any half-decent cook should be able to accomplish a simple flip. If the bread is too soft, obviously you are trying to flip it too early. If it gets burnt because you left it on a bit too long, turn your stove down a little bit.

I can't think of a single thing to contribute to this topic other than the above.

Rye
06-02-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm great at singing opera and choral music. I learn very quickly.

But... I can't read music!

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm great at singing opera and choral music. I learn very quickly.

But... I can't read music!

My boyfriend is the same way. xD He plays drums and piano. He can play anything he's heard on the piano including classical piano music but he can't read a sheet of music for the life of him.

Vyk
06-02-2008, 04:20 AM
I can't really think of anything I do exceptionally well to begin with. 'Cept copying PG I don't think I can really answer this. I'm too much of a jack of all trades. Nothing note worthy. So I do decently at a lot of things. Including cooking grilled cheese sandwiches :]

Bunny
06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Update!

I just made myself two grilled cheese sandwiches and they were deliciously brown on both sides with gooey cheese in the middle. I will send you some in the mail, Avarice!

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-02-2008, 04:42 AM
I crave grill cheese sandwiches now...

I can devour novels no problem but texts books usually give me indigestion.

Strawberry_Mew
06-02-2008, 05:05 AM
lol don't feel bad my lil sis who is 16 didn't even know how to cook a Grilled Cheese lol she wanted 2 call my boyfriend late at nite to find out how to cook them <3

Misfit
06-02-2008, 05:08 AM
If I sit down and actually put my all into drawing something awesome, it will come out awesome (like people or woteva), but I can't draw HANDS for some reason. Does that count? :(

also i wouldn't eat anything bunny makes.

Jowy
06-02-2008, 05:08 AM
I make mine with shredded cheese instead of singles, it doesn't gob up as much.

KH-Cloudy
06-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I can make abstract sigs, but I just can't make any sigs with renders :(

Rainecloud
06-02-2008, 06:51 AM
My boyfriend is the same way. xD He plays drums and piano. He can play anything he's heard on the piano including classical piano music but he can't read a sheet of music for the life of him.

Likewise. I play the piano well, but cannot read sheet music.

It can be quite frustrating at times.

General Tso
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
I have this huge problem with counting change, as simple as counting change is, I'm always either way off or so much over XD. Yet, other math like algebra is a piece of cake.

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Maybe you can draw epic people but can't draw animals?

I can draw epic people (especially women), and even epic animals if I try hard enough!

But I cannot draw a car, airplane, or any sort of mechanical vehicle. I can't really draw guns that well either.

Old Manus
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Before my husband left

My boyfriend is the same way
Shenanigans

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Before my husband left

Shenanigans

*gasp*

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Before my husband left

Shenanigans

*gasp*

Come on now we just got married May 16th. I'm still having trouble calling him my husband. ; ;

Old Manus
06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
That's what they all say

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Before my husband left

Shenanigans

*gasp*

Come on now we just got married May 16th. I'm still having trouble calling him my husband. ; ;

Ohhh, okay. xD

I got worried there for a second!

Avarice-ness
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
That's what they all say

That is what they all say!

But they never have picture proof! =D

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/explain.jpg

Old Manus
06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
I'll let it slide :shifty:

Lawr
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
MMORPGs

Blue Harvest
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok ok I may as well admit it. Avarice and I have been having an affair since her husband went to boot camp. It started after I made her a grilled cheese :tongue: