PDA

View Full Version : Left-overs

rubah
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Now, at home, I'm not the biggest fan of leftovers, let me tell you sirree bob.

But here in France, I'm kinda forced to you know, eat whatever they give me, and they like to not waste food.

So today, when a bowl of penne pasta with little strange bits of meat in there, I was definitely iffy. we'd had bacon kabobs for lunch yesterday, and this looked suspect, Besides, most of the pasta they'd served so far had been room temperature or cold.

However, one small serving was not sufficient. I refilled my plate once with quite a bit, and then when Manon asked if I'd like to have the rest, I gladly acceded.

Another good use of leftovers was at Hsu's house over spring break. His mom had made a thanksgiving-in-march dinner, and turkey and dressing sandwiches (with miracle whip) are a lot better at 1am than you'd think.

what are some of your leftover success stories?

Ouch!
06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Everything tastes better at one AM, silly.

Roto13
06-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Leftover pizza is awesomesauce.

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
For lunch today, I had leftover ribs from last night. Very yummy!

Definitely true! Especially if it's sweet and decadent and you know you shouldn't be eating it, especially at that late hour!

theundeadhero
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I never have the chance for leftover joy.

Everything tastes better at one AM, silly.One time when all my family was together to visit for a few days my cousin Kayla and I stayed up talking really late. It was later than everybody else. Around 3 am or so we remembered that some of our gramma's homemade blackberry cobbler was upstairs in the kitchen. We snuck upstairs trying to stay as absolutely quite as possible, which of course meant we were accidently making much more noise than if we would have just walked in there; the gleeful surpressed giggling didn't help much. We swiped that blackberry cobbler and went back downstairs to outside where we were earlier. Then you know what happened? We ate the whole thing! An entire cakepan full of blackberry cobbler and we ate it all. It was delicious, especially because it was so early in the morning and we weren't even supposed to be eating it yet. :)

She was 16 and I was 23 :p

Araciel
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
I know all and eat all.

Leftover stuff is sometimes just as good as it was fresh, but either way I eat

Zeldy
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm always eating left-overs. My Mum will purposely do too much, freeze some of it, and when they're out and I have to get my own tea, I get a phone call saying that there are left-overs in the freezer which I should microwave.

^__^

cloud21zidane16
06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Left over curry frozen then reheated is the best!:D

Gogo
06-03-2008, 12:36 AM

I agree. I prefer to reheat in conventional oven rather than microwave. Then use ranch as a dip.

Ham is always good as a leftover. It may not be the same when reheated, but used cold it can make some nice lunchmeat sandwiches; better than sliced ham IMHO.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I thrive on leftovers as most meals I prepare are enough for two servings or sittings. At home I always eat the leftovers for lunch when no one else in the family will touch them.

The local pizza place has a buy one get one free deal that will feed me all week.

Vermachtnis
06-03-2008, 12:48 AM
My dad made lasagna yesterday and we're finishing it off today. It still tastes awesome.

And for some reason it tastes better, even befor 1AM.

strawberryman
06-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Depends on what. But leftover pizza is good, yes. <_<

Balzac
06-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Left over pasta is the best.

Peegee
06-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I don't usually make enough for leftovers. The only exception for making too much food are things like sandwich toppings like chicken salad and the like.

Leftovers are amazing because you don't have to prepare it. As James said, I eat all.

Dynast-Kid
06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
My dad made lasagna yesterday and we're finishing it off today. It still tastes awesome.

Oh yes! Leftover lasagna is always amazing! It gives all of the seasonings time to sit and...mesh? I dunno, but it tastes just as good, if not better!

Roto13
06-03-2008, 05:49 AM

And for some reason it tastes better, even befor 1AM.

Tomorrow I'm going out for pizza with my husband and I'm totally going to order way too much JUST so I can have leftovers.

qwertysaur
06-03-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm about to eat a piece of leftover pizza right now. :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Leftover pasta is usually amazing, especially spaghetti.

KH-Cloudy
06-03-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't eat leftovers that much anymore because about last week I ate some leftovers and let's just say...I didn't want to eat ANYTHING for the next couple days..Damn stomach :\

Quindiana Jones
06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
It really annoys me how all the crappy Pokemon in the Battle Tower on Crystal all seem to have Leftovers and Earthquake.

How the hell am I supposed to win that when I haven't even got through Mahogany yet? Little bastards.

No, you're a loser!

Blue Harvest
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM

Especially cold. Damn I want cold pizza now :(

Jess
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Left-over pizza, curry, chili and pasta always taste good when they're reheated. :jess:

I only bother keeping left overs if there is enough for a small meal or snack, otherwise we just give them to Bullseye. ^_^

Momiji
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Left over pasta is the best.

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. Pasta seems to taste better the next day than it did the day it was made. Leftover pizza's good too, but it tends to get chewy in the microwave.

@Rhody: Whenever my dad, brother and I go out for pizza, we all get a medium pizza each, so we have enough for leftovers later on. It works so well, because 4 slices of pizza is usually my limit before I start feeling sick. This means I still have 4 slices for later on. ^^

Breine
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM

Qft.

Also, for some reason meatballs taste so much better the next day. It's strange.

Gogo
06-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I love eating leftovers! They taste better than the real deal!

Shlup
06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
At Outback Steakhouse I always get the 12oz prime rib because it's exactly two full meals for me. It's loverly!