PDA

View Full Version : This photograph...

Baloki
06-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I was looking back in my photo album the other day and I realised, does anyone actually listen to the radio anymore? Especially AM/MW?

Vyk
06-03-2008, 08:35 AM
AM? No. That's for old and/or political people. I listen to FM when I have to. Mostly when I'm driving someone else's car

oddler
06-03-2008, 08:37 AM
My CD player went out in my car a while back. Now, I hook my MP3 player up through the auxilary jack and jam out until the battery dies in it. As a last resort, I listen to the radio.

Breine
06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I listen to the radio every single day.

Rantz
06-03-2008, 09:00 AM
It happens.

Quindiana Jones
06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I have an awesome radio that I use to listen to Chinese and Russian and American stations on. It's a 7-band hulk from the '70s. Stonking good condition! I got it electricity tested, and the person who tested said "Wow". I was chuffed. :D

Blue Harvest
06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I haven't listened to the radio since forever. My CD collection may not be big but it's better than whatever crap they put on the radio nowadays.

White Raven
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Yep, listen to the radio all the time, although I have gotten annoyed in the past year when they started promoting "More music, in just 2 minutes", which runs every 5 minutes :mad2:. 103.9 The Hawk, Y108, Q107 are the big three that I listen to on the FM (all from Ontario, CAN). I listen to only one thing on the AM and that is hockey and baseball broadcasts. :)

Loony BoB
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
No, we have a one or two dozen music channels for that.

Balzac
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
If I'm in my friends car I will. But, no, not usually.

Also, I miss Radio Luxembourg, :(

Jess
06-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I listen to the radio every day - only FM stations, though. I listen to the radio in my car when I'm driving and occasionally put Radio 1 on at home. The only thing that annoys me about the radio is that the DJs never seem to shut up, and it's just like ARGH put some music on already - so I'm constantly flicking through radio stations for music (unless it's the Chris Moyles show because I like listening to that! ;D) :jess:

DMKA
06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I haven't listened to the radio in years. Because where I live the only stations that get any reception play either country music, contemporary christian music, or a Southern Baptist preacher preaching.

Namelessfengir
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
i broke off my antenna so i only get like three stations now. im getting it fixed thursday.

i wanted to get one of those antennas you see on humvees and military vehicles you know that 8 foot long one stick it right where the old one was and then loop it back and over and hook on my roof rack. but i couldn't find one. maybe the enlisted guys around here could steal me one. but i dont know if its the antenna or the radio that determines what kind of signals you can recieve. my buddy had an alpine radio in his house with the antenna pluged into a nail hole and was picking up stuff from japan.

Peegee
06-03-2008, 03:11 PM
For you Toronto area folks, how is the Dean Blundel show doing? Todd's been after a wife for several MONTHS now. Tch.

I used to listen to the radio, obviously. However I work from home now so there's no point. Radio = commuters.

rubah
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I got tired of all my cds and started listening to the radio. It was better than most of my cds.

The only thing on AM is dial-a-trade.

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Not really...politics and news bore me, and there's no point in listening to the radio for music and hoping a song I like comes on when I have my own music library :p

Polaris
06-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I just listen the news on the radio nothing else! Most songs are terrible!

Flying Mullet
06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll put the radio on when nothing in my car interests me, I want to hear something different <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/117004-radio-static-music.html">or if I'm being weird.</a>

Old Manus
06-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Classic FM wakes me up every morning

cloud21zidane16
06-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Sometimes in the car if its on, but not much.

Cz
I don't listen to the radio at all, unless I'm in someone else's car or it happens to be on in the background. It's no good for listening to popular music because there are too many ad breaks and the DJs never shut up. It's no good for discovering new music because the internet provides plenty of superior alternatives. I guess it's still OK for talk radio and comedy, but even then we're only talking about a couple of stations. About the only time I listen to the radio now is football commentary on Five Live, and even then it's only when I can't get a TV stream.

So yeah, radio sucks. :greenie:

Bunny
I try to avoid listening to the radio. Everything they play is utter crap.

Flying Mullet
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Classic FM wakes me up every morning
:jokey:

rubah
06-03-2008, 05:14 PM
i wanted to get one of those antennas you see on humvees and military vehicles you know that 8 foot long one stick it right where the old one was and then loop it back and over and hook on my roof rack.

I don't know if this is so for military vehicles, but I know that CB radio antenna are really tall like that, so uh, make sure what you're getting before you pay anything xD

Dynast-Kid
06-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I listen to the radio pretty often actually, often station skipping until I find something good. Otherwise, my sister or mom pops in a CD.

But I always listen to the Sreve Harvey Show that comes on in the morning!

Vermachtnis
06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I listen to the radio when I'm in a car with out a CD player, unless it's past 7. Then even with a CD player in the car, I'll listen to Nights with Alice Cooper.

Freya
06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
My cd player broke so i have to listen to radio for those 90 miles I drive everyday :mad:

Namelessfengir
06-03-2008, 10:06 PM
i wanted to get one of those antennas you see on humvees and military vehicles you know that 8 foot long one stick it right where the old one was and then loop it back and over and hook on my roof rack.

I don't know if this is so for military vehicles, but I know that CB radio antenna are really tall like that, so uh, make sure what you're getting before you pay anything xD

yes but the connectors are different other wise i might have gotten one already. there a national guard armory here ill see if i can get a closer look

rubah
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
no I mean if you get one of those, you're going to be listening to truckers and cops and little else xD

Iceglow
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I listen to the radio a lot still I listen to it at work (HMV has their own radio station on the oxford circus store where I work) I listen to X-FM sometimes I'm just gutted I seem to have missed out on their Feeder gig tickets because man I'd LOVE to see Feeder live again strangely I saw them live where I now work which is pretty weird considering and hopefully some other live interesting acts will play one day when I'm working.

Zeldy
06-06-2008, 12:09 AM
I listen to Rock.FM.

Ninety-seven point foouurrr, ROCK, EF, EM!

Citizen Bleys
06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Not since I left Edmonton. Nothing holds a candle to the Bear. Although I did like one ad from a radio station in Halifax where it had a bunch of people saying "Hi, I'm (name) and I listen to (same radio station you're listening to)" followed by "Hi, I'm Dick, and I listen to (rival radio station)" and then "Don't be a Dick."