PDA

View Full Version : Help I traded my Wii for an XBox360

Baloki
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm beginning to think I'm loosing my sanity, what should I do?

Rostum
06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Buy Lost Odyssey.

Roto13
06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Throw yourself on a Wiimote.

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Buy Lost Odyssey.

Then give both to poor me, I'll gladly take those off your hands. :D

Momiji
06-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Become an hero.

Avarice-ness
06-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Wow.

Did you even think about your sanity before you did this?

First you need to make a time machine, then when you make the time machine, you need to go back in time, punch yourself in the face right before you walk into the store, then scream "GET A HOLD OF YOUR SELF MAN! THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU WANT!" as you shake your past self. Then tell your past self "So help me god, if you trade in that Wii after I punched you, I will break both your arms." then your past self will respond back with "yeah but that would hurt you too" but your cool new sane future self would just go "I'd just have to remember the hurt, you'd have to feel it"

and then you go off in your time machine, and then you Wii is back!

KH-Cloudy
06-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Trade back?

Behold the Void
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
There are some pretty decent titles for Xbox 360, and the Wii library isn't really all that amazing. Not to mention you got the better end of the bargain monetarily (assuming it doesn't die on you), so grab the titles you want and then get yourself a Wii again later if you really miss it that much.

JKTrix
06-04-2008, 12:30 PM
There are some pretty decent titles for Xbox 360, and the Wii library isn't really all that amazing. Not to mention you got the better end of the bargain monetarily (assuming it doesn't die on you), so grab the titles you want and then get yourself a Wii again later if you really miss it that much.

Pretty much. I can name off several worthwhile titles for the Wii, but I can call many many more for the 360. The Wii would be 'easier' to replace in the future when the next big thing comes out.

Meanwhile, go enjoy Ninja Gaiden 2.

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Fable II should be out soon or something...Fable was a pretty kewl game n.n

Vyk
06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, aside from the virtual console, there's only like one game on the Wii I found interesting. The 360 has a good half dozen killer apps right now plus many really fun/decent games. And more on the way. This fall is gonna be crazy. Though admittedly I have no clue what's on the horizon for the Wii so that argument might be invalid

Slothy
06-04-2008, 07:29 PM

Agreed. The Wii doesn't have much to offer outside of sequels to Nintendo titles that aren't as good as their previous versions. I'm not overly taken with a lot of 360 exclusives, but it's still got more going for it than the Wii. Go play some Gears, Rock Band, or COD4 and enjoy.

JKTrix
06-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, aside from the virtual console, there's only like one game on the Wii I found interesting.

The Wii doesn't have much to offer outside of sequels to Nintendo titles that aren't as good as their previous versions.

This is kind of the problem. I said:

I can name off several worthwhile titles for the Wii...
And it's true. There are a good number of good Wii games out there, but most of them are too 'under the radar' in various ways. Opinions are fine (it's obviously my opinion that there are several good games on the Wii), but when people state that there's nothing worth playing besides a few Nintendo branded games it rubs me the wrong way. The majority of my favourite Wii games aren't even made by Nintendo.

However, I still stand by my previous comments. You probably shouldn't be too stressed out about the trade, as the 360 is more easily satisfiable to a gamer. The Wii is kind of a challenge; it's easier to pick up a Ninja Gaiden or a Call of Duty off a store shelf than it is to pick up Boom Blox or Zack & Wiki.

Slothy
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
This is kind of the problem. I said:

I can name off several worthwhile titles for the Wii...
And it's true. There are a good number of good Wii games out there, but most of them are too 'under the radar' in various ways. Opinions are fine (it's obviously my opinion that there are several good games on the Wii), but when people state that there's nothing worth playing besides a few Nintendo branded games it rubs me the wrong way. The majority of my favourite Wii games aren't even made by Nintendo.

I never said the Wii had nothing outside of first party titles going for it; I said it had little outside of them going for it. That said, I don't even like Nintendo's first party stuff on the Wii. As far as I'm concerned, Mario 64 is better than Galaxy, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 spit all over Mario Kart Wii, and Twilight Princess is like Ocarina of Time all over again, but with a crappy wolf form you're forced to use to perform crappy fetch quests in order to progress.

I would agree that games like Boom Blox and Zack & Wiki are better than anything Nintendo seems to offer, but they're not killer apps, and certainly don't justify having the system in my eyes. The problem for me is even the Wii's best games aren't titles that stand out as anything truly amazing. At best they're a few hours of fun for me before I tire of them.

Roto13
06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
We're working under the assumption that baloki likes fun, though.

Evastio
06-05-2008, 12:30 AM
You guys should really cut it out with the Wii hate. Sure, it has its flaws but so do the PS3 and XBox 360. At least say something positive about the Wii that isn't snide like "it's good for trading to get other game consoles." I don't go insulting and hating the PS3 and the XBox 360 just because it isn't the Wii. :mad:

Anyways Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed come to mind for XBox 360 games.

But if you can't find any games on the XBox 360 that interest you or that you find fun, you should probably trade it back if you enjoyed your Wii more.

Rostum
06-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Huh?! No one here is bashing the Wii.

Vyk
06-05-2008, 06:03 AM

Precisely. I was merely consoling/agreeing, regarding the trade. If he thinks it was a stupid thing to do, its easily rectified. If he wants to stick with it.. well, then my comment comes into play. Nothing more

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Buy Lost Odyssey.

HELL YEAH.

Best game I've played in years.

There sure is a bunch of 360-bashing, though. It's only wrong if you bash the Wii, I guess.

Psychotic
06-05-2008, 02:33 PM
You made a good choice.

Baloki, here's what you do. get Halo 3, get GTA IV, give me your gamertag. We roll on some bitches.

Oh, also, get some Sonic games from XBL Arcade.

Baloki
06-05-2008, 08:27 PM
What a Mass Effect this has all caused, and GTA is on my to buy list :) Also the Wii was worth about £100 more then a new Xbox360 Premium, hence the trade-in.

Vivisteiner
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Wii sucks.

There. Are you happy? Now someone is bashing the Wii.

Evastio
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Vivi22 is bashing on the Wii a lot.

There sure is a bunch of 360-bashing, though. It's only wrong if you bash the Wii, I guess.
It's not really bashing it if they say that Baloki should trade it back when he told them himself that he wasn't confident in his choice that he made. Besides, you don't see any comments that say "The XBox 360 doesn't have enough games going for it" or "The XBox 360 has worse games compared to the regular XBox" while people are saying that for the Wii. They are kind of degrading comments though so I can see where you're coming from.

Okay fine. Cut it out with the Wii hate and the XBox 360 hate guys. :mad:

teh PS3 sucks lol
(Stabs member repeatedly) Looks like I'm not the holey one anymore. :mad2:

Cut it out with the Wii hate, XBox 360 hate, and PS3 hate guys. :mad:

Slothy
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM

Vivi22 is bashing on the Wii a lot.

Yeah, let's just ignore where I said it had it's upsides (Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki). Try to read an entire post instead of just one part before getting too bent out of shape over it :P . I also took some jabs at the 360 thank you very much. Frankly I could sit here pointing out flaws in every console right now, but if I feel the Wii has the weakest game library of everything going right now, then I see no reason to hide my opinion simply because you like it and don't like hearing someone say they don't. It's a console, some criticisizing it is not the end of the world.

Lawr
06-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Just because people are 'bashing' on a console doesn't mean it's not true.

Vyk
06-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Just because people are 'bashing' on a console doesn't mean it's not true.
True. Pointing out flaws isn't really bashing. Its when you start degrading it for those flaws that it becomes an issue. Someone says the Wii doesn't have (m)any killer apps. Fact. Doesn't mean its not a fun and/or worthwhile system. So when someone says you shouldn't waste your time on it based on this, or degrades you for choosing it in regards to this. Then yeah. Bashing

Bahamut2000X
06-06-2008, 02:17 AM
It's just a piece of plastic and electronics. Not like it's a person we're talking about here.

Roto13
06-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Someone says the Wii doesn't have (m)any killer apps. Fact.

Not fact. Opinion. And a ridiculous one at that.

Yar
06-06-2008, 05:03 AM
We have Wii. But I didn't buy it. I'm just fine with my PS2, DS, NES and SNES tandem for now.

I wouldn't trade our Wii for an XBox. I like the Wii, and the only game I'd play on an XBox is NHL.