PDA

View Full Version : Sure is raining hevily outside. Some Tornado warnings, too. :o

KentaRawr!
06-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Well, right now in Ohio, it's raining super hard outside. There have apparently been tornado sightings in Cincinnati, an area southward of us. I don't know where other Ohio members live, so I don't know if they're in the path or not, but I sure hope they're all right. We're keeping the T.V. on in case they mention an alteration in Mr. T's path, but I don't feel worried at all, really. If there ends up being a tornado that gets close enough to us to do some damage, then I'll be worried.

Anyway, backing away from that news to form a topic, have you ever encountered a tornado? Or at least rough enough weather to cause damage to things you know?

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2008, 03:06 AM
We've had some thunderstorms and rain but nothing lasted too long around here.

Avarice-ness
06-04-2008, 03:25 AM
I hope my parents-in-law are okay. They live in Cincinatti.

Either wayyy~

I haven't seen a tornado, but due to living in Texas. I'm VERY used to seeing them on the news and being under a tornado warning.

As for damage, we had a "hundred year" flood back in 1998. It took a hell of alot in it's path. Then 4 years later we had another "hundred year" flood. So apparently that area's not due to have another epic flood like that until 2102. And the one in 1998 was the only one for the 1900's.

Oh and then there's a town north of Austin, basically a tiny town with like 500 people going towards Kileen and it was taken down by a tornado. We used to drive through there to get to my sisters.

Lightning's been shooting down really old churches here in Wisconsin though, -that's- weird.

Oh and when I was little, I lived on the southern most tip of Texas. A hurricane came in and lightning struck the house across the street from us and lit on fire. =[ Thus, starting my fear of lightning.

Shoeberto
06-04-2008, 03:47 AM
The weather radio here's been going off all night (I'm in western ohio) but so far I haven't seen anything. Doesn't even seem like it's storming here right now.

No tornados here before, luckily. I think one has been spotted before nearby but it wasn't confirmed nor did it really do anything.

Woodinator
06-04-2008, 04:12 AM
There was a tornado that hit my town in '91, but I was only 2 at the time so I don't remember at all. Apparently it took down houses two blocks away from our house O.o I think there was a nother tornado a few years later but it touched down for a second and went back up, doing no damage fortunately

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2008, 04:41 AM
There's almost never a Tornado threat here S:

When I lived in Illinois we had them all the time and every time we moved a tornado would hit the place we moved from. One of the houses we lived in was next to a Pizza Hut. There was a lot of damage to both buildings and the house was made into a tanning salon xD

Momiji
06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Here in Northeast Indiana, some summers we have tornado warnings at least once a week. And sometimes we have summers when we hardly get any rain at all. I have a feeling this summer will be rather inclement, which is good, because I like thunderstorms. :D

KentaRawr!
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, now that it's morning, there's been a Flash Flood warning for Montgomery County. >_> Good thing I never go outside.

Vyk
06-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Last night sounded awesome. Too bad I slept through it. I remember one thunderclap I woke up and my heart rate was really up xD musta been a good one. But I went right back to sleep :[ Pooh I missed it all. Supposed to coninue raining later though from what I've heard so yey

G3ORGE
06-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Its all going Desperate Housewives!

rubah
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I saw swirling clouds once, but they never developed a funnel. There's been tornados very close to where I live, but I never actually saw them.

smittenkitten
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
We were in Spain at the time and all of a sudden a thunderstorm hit. Lucky we packed an Umbrella but it didn't help much. When we were at the pub all the lights went out and we could see palm tree pieces flying past. I then got a phone call from my mum who was on the bus. A tidal wave hit the bus and the bus was flooded up to their waists. We were ok apart from almost getting hit by lightning. :eek:

Hambone
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
There was a tornado close to where we live a couple of weeks ago. I was in the grocery store and they made us stay in the middle of the store for Jebus knows why.

KentaRawr!
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
There was a tornado close to where we live a couple of weeks ago. I was in the grocery store and they made us stay in the middle of the store for Jebus knows why.

So the walls couldn't collapse on you if they fell. But, of course, then the ceiling would go down.