PDA

View Full Version : 15 seconds of fame

strawberryman
06-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Well, after about 3 hours of standing outside in a line (my gram had stayed since 11AM, and I joined her later) at the Excel energy center, and a couple more hours waiting inside, I can honestly say that I have been within 25 feet of the likely Democratic nominee.

For those of you who haven't seen. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24957941#24957941)

While I'm not in the background of that video, me, my gram, and her friends were all sitting directly behind him, so we were in a couple of the zoom-outs you might see in any other videos of the speech. Anyway, to the point. Has anyone else had their 15 seconds of fame? Or less? Was it just local TV instead of national?

Momiji
06-04-2008, 06:01 AM
'Likely'? Clinton doesn't have a chance. She's just too stuck on herself to concede.

Anyway, sounds like fun. Obama has my vote, at this point.

Dynast-Kid
06-04-2008, 06:09 AM
I thought Obama was the confirmed winner?

But anyways, i've been on local Public Access television before! xD

Avarice-ness
06-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Apparently there was a super big court hearing at the court house when I got married at the court house.

So for like 10 seconds of footage on the news when they were talking about it, me and my family and my husbands family were all caught on video walking out of the courthouse.

I like to be delusional though and say "MY WEDDING WAS ON THE NEWS 'CAUSE IT WAS SO EPIC"... if only that were the case. xD

KH-Cloudy
06-04-2008, 06:29 AM
The thread title reminds me of WoWInsider because one of their columns is named 15 seconds of fame.

Mine was on local TV. I think it was exactly 15 seconds, and they didn't show my face, rather the back side of my head! It was just outside my school, a KTVU reporter I was walking pass had decided to pick me! (Bay Area, California!)

strawberryman
06-04-2008, 06:39 AM
I thought Obama was the confirmed winner?

I only know that when we were inside and the overhead thing that was playing MSNBC that he only needed 9 delegates. I'm a bit tired to look up further details, plus I have a headache that feels like I've been hit in the head with a brick. But it was still worth it.

Peegee
06-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I was in the newspaper once. It's effing hilarious. We had some Japanese Canadian Cultural exhibition and one of the MPs or whatever from the Conservative party was there. Spoke with my sensei and we did this photo op nonsense.

So you see me being punched by my sensei while this jackass clown is grinning at the camera in the foreground.

I'm going to *snip* emo myself now. BRB (this is a joke btw DO NOT CALL THE COPS)

Blue Harvest
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I had my picture in the local paper when I was 4. Why, I can't remember. I do remember I was dressed as batman though :tongue:

ljkkjlcm9
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I suppose I've had a few occurrences
Newspaper when I was younger
Tv commercial for one of my karate schools
and last year constant people interviewing/attempting to interview me
And then when they broadcast events going on at school, my parents said they saw me

Oh, I'm sure I've also been on tv during some Sport events, considering I have been to MANY in my days. Like 12 years of never missing a home game for Revolution soccer. 12 years of going to Patriots games with my parents... 4 years of being on ground level for Virginia Tech football games... I know I've been on tv a few times.
(I say 12 years because before that I was too young or for MLS the league didn't exist. And after that, well, I was down at school)

THE JACKEL

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I was in the 'papers by name several times in the late 1888s.