PDA

View Full Version : Sex and the City the movie

White Raven
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
My girlfriend dragged took me on my free will to see the movie last night. There were aboot 5 guys in total in the packed theater, and I have to admit I enjoyed it. :) I've always enjoyed the humour of the show, and the "lessons" learned in each episode. The movie continued with the humour, and tied up a lot of the story lines. My only cons with the movie was that some of the stories seemed dragged out and could have been a bit shorter.

Anyone else see it?

Namelessfengir
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
i have seen 1 episode of s&s and have no desire to see the movie (course i aint got a women to make the choice for me)

Dynast-Kid
06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm a male and will proudly admit I like the show, and would like to see the movie!

I want to be just like Samantha when I grow up! :bigsmile:

Namelessfengir
06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm a male and will proudly admit I like the show, and would like to see the movie!

I want to be just like Samantha when I grow up! :bigsmile:

you want to be an old whore?

DMKA
06-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't believe it's allowed to exist, much less that it's already made over $100,000,000 and it's not even into it's second weekend yet.

I saw one part of one episode. Like ten minutes of one. Like five years ago. Because that's all I was able to sit through.

Caraliz
06-05-2008, 12:56 AM
I can't wait to see this fucking movie.

Dreddz
06-05-2008, 12:58 AM
I always hated the show. Probably because of the overly girl power vibe I was feeling. Plus there seemed to be so much sex but never any nipples.

As for the movie, well hearing from some of my fellow female friends who have seen it, its a TWO AND HALF HOUR episode of the show. I cant think of any worse way to spend my time.

Captain Maxx Power
06-05-2008, 01:06 AM
One of the major benefits to being single is that I will never have to suffer through this movie. I had to stop being in the same room as the show because I kept smashing televisions out of sheer anger.

Flying Mullet
06-05-2008, 01:08 AM
I've never seen a single episode so this movie is as enticing as an all-you-can-eat maggot buffet.

DMKA
06-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I've never seen a single episode so this movie is as enticing as an all-you-can-eat maggot buffet.

It's about the same if you have seen the show.

Flying Mullet
06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Actually, I'll take that back. I think I did watch 10 minutes or so of it one time. Since it was on HBO I think I was hoping for a boob shot. I was severely disappointed. :(

Monol
06-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Once i get enough will power to look under every couch in my house to scroundge some dough im gonna be all over this movie like green eggs and ham :cool:

Miriel
06-05-2008, 04:55 AM
I took this from a post I made at another forum.

Majorly disappointed with the movie. It just seemed like such a downer and so much of it seemed either out of character or unnecessary.

On the plus side, it was a freakin' FEAST FOR THE EYES. Oh man, this movie was just gorgeous. Those outfits! Those shoes!

Favorite of the four in the movie was Charlotte. Which is funny because she didn't have much of a developed storyline. But she just acted the hell out of all her scenes. And she was so endearing and cute in her scene with Big. Absolutely perfect.

Miranda has always been cranky in the show, but she was just straight up miserable to watch in the movie.

And the film needed more Samantha! 50 and fabulous indeed, she was looking great!

As much as I liked seeing all the characters and diving back into that world, I think I'm just gonna try and forget about everything that happened in the movie and stick with the series finale as the "ending" to the satc saga.

Mirage
06-05-2008, 06:09 AM
This movie looks boring.

Breine
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Although I'm a guy I've always liked the show and thought it was entertaining and amusing. I certainly won't go see this in a cinema, though.. I'll probably borrow it from someone when it comes out on DVD or something :)

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2008, 05:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!

Skanky old hags.