PDA

View Full Version : two questions~

rubah
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
1) so uh, when I try to load eoff pages in firefox (rc1) they fail and ask if I want to save or open the file in whatever application. Livejournal does not do this, my site does not do this, gmail etc. just eoff. Actually, just the fora.

I read a while back about people having this trouble (on slashdot) where firefox refused to pay attention to the mime types or something, but I don't know. It says the mime type is like application-x-php or something. That sounds like a logical mime type for a .php page to me, really. Although now it just says it's a 'Hypertext' This is typed from safari, which brings me to my next point.

2) how the hell does safari know that I am in france right now. This is so freaking scary. I thought the built-in dictionary was supposed to be the OSX Dictionary.app, which in tiger ONLY has support for English. Yet a full 80% of the words I've typed are underlined in red. Including the word 'red'. but not rouge. Or bleu, or même. How does it know, and why is this happening.
(I have not set any preferences in osx that I can think of other than the time zone. seriously, dictionary app 10.4 = english only. other languages is a leopard dream).

Flying Mullet
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
2) how the hell does safari know that I am in france right now.
Probably by your IP address.

rubah
06-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I guess a better question would be 'why'

rubah
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
stu says he is also having the loading issue. did PHP get updated last night? I uploaded a phpinfo() file and it said we were using 5.2.6 which seems to be the latest version.

Shoeberto
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Didn't you set something to French before in your system?

For me it's Firefox 3 beta 5 that's having the issue.

rubah
06-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Just my time zone. and neooffice's individual document languages. but you're forgetting the main point, which is osx tiger's dictionary is completely monolingual. Like, painfully so. I bought a dictionary because you can't install other languages for it. So I dont' know why safari isn't.

crono_logical
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
We are working on this :p

rubah
06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad you're working on figuring safari out for me :p