PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 2

Dreddz
06-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Out tomorrow here in jolly ol England. Any of you yanks managed to pick this one up yet? Its this and MGS4 and then im officially broke for the next few months. Great.....

Im going back to Sigma to familiarize myself with NG, I heard this one is even tougher than the first game. Oh Lord. Its games like this that make me happy that im not an achievements whore.

Creeping Shadow
06-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Argh! I want this game so badly, it looks so awesome.

Balzac
06-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Got the demo lastnight. It's fucking amazing.

Dolentrean
06-06-2008, 09:39 AM
My best friend got it, it seems pretty decent. Lots of blood, lots of body parts flying around, lots of me commenting on the ridiculousness of what was going on and my friend eventually giving up on trying to answer questions and resorting to the tired and true... He's a fucking ninja answer...

So all you would expect from the sequel to Ninja Gaiden.

JKTrix
06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Camera is still messy as hell, but the combat is superb. I lurve the Lunar Staff, it was my favourite weapon from the last game as well. I just got the 'Falcon's Talons' when I last played last night, they're pretty neat. But I love my staff.

It seems this time around that certain weapons are more effective (or ineffective) against certain enemies. The Dragon Sword is probably great all-around, but there was a particular group of enemies that I fought that gave me a lot of trouble, even with my expert use of the Level 2 staff. There are lots of little things I wish could be done better (instant weapon changing like DMC would be a godsend), but when it comes down to it it's still really really fun to play. One thing that felt immediately different for me is the 'Reverse Wind', or the evasion technique. Instead of rolling around like he does in the previous games, he does a short dash in the direction you pressed.

When you get it, turn on the 'Ninja Cinema' option before you start playing. It will automatically 'record' your gameplay and I think you can send it to other people who have the game as well. Useful if you have a particularly awesome run through a stage.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
The camera is such an atrocity that I could barely play the demo. It was reasonably fun when it was letting me see what was going on, but it wasn't enjoyable enough to warrant a purchase.

Dreddz
06-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Ive just cleared stage 3. I had alot of difficulty with the stage 3 boss only due to the awful camera. Trying to dodge hundreds of projectiles from behind is paifully difficult. Took me three trys to finally beat it.

So far ive really enjoyed the game, the action is definately more satisfying than the first game. I just cant believe nothing was done to fix the camera. I dunno if its the level design but Im having more problems this time with the camera than the first Ninja Gaiden. Is asking for a better camera too much for Team Ninja? While I can only put one gripe on an otherwise action masterpiece its still a major gripe.

One thing that felt immediately different for me is the 'Reverse Wind', or the evasion technique. Instead of rolling around like he does in the previous games, he does a short dash in the direction you pressed.
I picked up on that too. It feels more effective than the roll you did in the first game in my opinion. I only realised it when I faced the first boss when it was nessesary to use it.

Vyk
06-08-2008, 01:49 AM
I rented it, blew through five stages in a day. Not a bad game. But I don't think I'll be spending any real money on it. The camera is terrible. But once you get used to enemy styles and your fighting type (depending on the weapon) its pretty easy to fight blind. I can usually guess where enemies are gonna dip to when I can't see 'em. Bad part is when you miss, then you're attacking in the wrong direction. Especially a pain in certain boss fights (that Alex angel guy?) they're quick to take advantage. Fun slash'n'smash game overall though. But still coulda used some major tweaking

Psychotic
06-19-2008, 04:03 AM
I got my copy today and this game is a hell of a lot of fun. I have a soft spot for hack'n'slashes so yeah, I was merrily chopping away to my heart's content.

I really can't say that I've noticed any camera issues but now that I've seen everyone complaining about it, I'll probably play closer attention and it'll bug me.

DK
06-19-2008, 04:19 AM
The camera was utter shiet when I was playing the demo but I still loved every second of what I was playing. I'll defiintely pick this up.