PDA

View Full Version : "Why yes, I do like to work on the sun. And you?"

Yar
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
GOD! It was so hot in my office today!

I work at a steel foundry. My office is a trailer. This trailer is right inside the foundry itself, near an exit. Today, the tempurature was 93º (34º for those of you who like to measure things with logic and practicality), but yesterday it was also 89º. The crazy thing is, I never sweat. I get clammy, but I never sweat.

The A/C is broken so I mentioned it yesterday. The maintenance guy said it was too late yesterday, but he'd replace it today. So I called his office today and I got no answer. I asked my supervisor where he was and he said that the maintenance guy was just fired. :hot:

SO, I spent all day in my office/trailer filing papers with the thermometer reminding me it was 110º inside. I hate filing. I have to sort them by two numerical codes. Typical of like: 20073138, then 47455.

I not only spent the day mad that it was a sauna in my office while I filed papers for eight hours (nothing else, just filing) but also that they fired the guy before he could replace my A/C. Plus the fact that people won't STOP BRINGING ME PAPERS TO FILE!!! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I felt like taking a dip in the molten steel just to cooldown.

Ever have a hell day at work?

Hambone
06-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't have a job because I'm a student.

Your post looks like Christmas.

Yar
06-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't have a job because I'm a student.

I can't wait to get college so I won't need to work.

Your post looks like Christmas.

Yah, I was the green EoFF Phantom. I liked posting in green, so I'll just keep on doing it. Just a different shade.

rubah
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
well, I was cold all day, so uh, yeah.

Zeldy
06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
My school (and like, no places in the UK) doesn't have air conditioning, so when temperatures reached over 100.F a year ago, we all just melted. I remember my History teacher feeling so sorry for us all in our uniforms that she took us onto the field for our lesson. That was the worst Summer ever in school, it was unbearable ;_;

also, I don't work. Though I really want to, as I need MONIES.

Balzac
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Everyday is hell ay work. Though on a plus side, at the moment I'm working from my bedroom while my office is being redecorated.

Cookie
06-06-2008, 11:42 PM
It was hot at work today. I hate how customers who're in the shop for like, 5-10 minutes at the most feel the need to tell me "it's boiling in here" or some http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif, as if I haven't noticed.

Miriel
06-09-2008, 01:59 AM
One time, I was hired to do a photography job which I *thought* was supposed to utilize my artistic talents. Instead, I basically had a line of people in front of me, and one by one I had to take their pictures while they grinned at me with big cheesy smilies.

Hour after hour, I took these lame ass photos and the artist inside my soul was being crushed into oblivion. I was hired under the pretense that I would be doing some high quality photo journalistic work, and ended up doing something that any schmuck at Sears Photo can do.

I pretty much like my job, so that's the closest to "hellish" I've ever come. The night ended with a fat tip so it wasn't all bad.

Peegee
06-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I was playing world of warcraft and noticed that my cpu temperature was approaching 95*C, or almost 200*F (about the boiling water point)

It's still pretty hot as it is. I am seriously pursuing water cooling.

--

Worst day at work in my life was a literal 24 hour work shift. It was Sunday and we were setting up the cat5/3 data/voice cables for a furniture move at the office (basically they decide to move all of the furniture 5 feet to the left, and we charge them a ridiculous sum for it. It rules). Anyway a few of the cables refused to test properly and we had no idea why they would not work. We tried terminating the cables, testing them for connectivity, etc. 8 hours became 12 became 16 hours. By the 18th hour or so, I started to literally become delusional. I also completely lost my composure when I misplaced a pen. Yes. A pen. It was only myself and my dad and I was left to myself and my brain for what seemed like two hours. So I started to freak out and tore the office apart looking for the pen, to no avail. Turns out my dad grabbed it during one of his trips outside.

Eventually I calmed the eff down and we finished the job. I fell asleep for 16 hours and we went back to work Tuesday morning.

Breine
06-09-2008, 09:10 AM
My school (and like, no places in the UK) doesn't have air conditioning, so when temperatures reached over 100.F a year ago, we all just melted. I remember my History teacher feeling so sorry for us all in our uniforms that she took us onto the field for our lesson. That was the worst Summer ever in school, it was unbearable ;_;

also, I don't work. Though I really want to, as I need MONIES.

When it gets too hot in Denmark we get free from school because of the heat :D