PDA

View Full Version : God Must Be Pissed...

Yar
06-07-2008, 02:03 AM
...because this is the second string of tornadoes we've had in a week.

I'm housesitting, so I hope the owners aren't mad if their house blows away. I called them and asked where to go. They don't have a basement, so I get to sit in a bathroom.

Gotta love May/June in the Midwest!

Momiji
06-07-2008, 02:04 AM
I love how everyone in the area turns into an absolute basket case whenever these storms come around.

Yar
06-07-2008, 02:07 AM
I love how everyone in the area turns into an absolute basket case whenever these storms come around.

...but the storms are already past you! :p

It must be my fear from when our mobile home was blow down when I was 4 that makes me go OMG TORNADO! Even still, you shouldn't take these things lightly.

Jess
06-07-2008, 02:11 AM
What's a tornado? :p

Momiji
06-07-2008, 02:13 AM

...but the storms are already past you! :p

It must be my fear from when our mobile home was blow down when I was 4 that makes me go OMG TORNADO! Even still, you shouldn't take these things lightly.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I didn't realize it was going on when it was here. I was dragged down to our basement because my mom and brother were panicking, and I was laughing the whole time. ;)

Yar
06-07-2008, 02:48 AM
We got sprinkles. Sprinkles, dammit. I wanted a storm to make it windy and cool down the place, but I felt only 5 sprinkles.

The National Weather Service: FAIL

Vermachtnis
06-07-2008, 02:49 AM
I wish it'd storm here. Nothing too bad, but it's so freaking hot!

Værn
06-07-2008, 05:00 AM
There was some wicked lightning here in Stryker...
There was allegedly a tornado nearby, but I didn't notice anything other than the lightning. I was on the computer the whole time. Power stayed on. Internet stayed on. I saw no reason to be worried about it.

Citizen Bleys
06-07-2008, 05:46 AM
God being pissed is probably my fault. I renamed his admin team to SNOT.

Samuraid
06-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Another friend online was just talking about this yesterday. He's near Tulsa Oklahoma and he was in the middle of a tornado watch and 110KPH winds at the time we were chatting. Suffice it to say, it makes one appreciative of living on the Western US coast...with all the earthquakes and fires. :eep:

Roto13
06-07-2008, 06:08 AM
The only thing that happens in Newfoundland is the occasional blizzard. Though my home town did flood once....

DMKA
06-07-2008, 06:35 AM
I could say why that is, but I'd probably get banned.

Blue Harvest
06-07-2008, 10:34 AM
What's a tornado? :p

Gotta love britain eh?

Avarice-ness
06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
MOAR TORNADOS!

Apparently a funnel cloud (not a touched down tornado) decided to form where I am.

I was in the parking garage basement and all I could see out the little door was a whole bunch of hail.

I also was on the phone with my sister who had the TV on loud and all I hear is "funnel cloud formed over Downtown Waukesha" and I'm like "WHAAAAATTTTT?" and she tried to be all "NOTHINHNNNNGGG~" but then was like "You remember when you said "Wow, that's alot of hail" "Uh huh" "Well that's because you were right beside a funnel cloud" "OH NOOOO"

But it's obviously gone now. Until later atleast.