PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia Characters

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Hey ummm, what are the characters for Dissidia? I heard there was going to be 10 heroes and 10 villians, but which ones?:confused:

Obsidian
06-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Officially confirmed through press releases:

Heroes:

-Light Warrior, presumably a Fighter or Knight
-Firion
-Squall
-Zidane

Villains:

-Garland
-Palamecia
-Sephiroth
-Ultimecia
-Kuja

Villains on the game's poster:

-All of the above villains
-The Dark Cloud
-Golbez
-Exdeath
-Kefka
-Jecht

Hopefully, it won't be strictly one hero/villain per game. FFIII would be hard to figure that way, and I reaaaaally hope that Zemus is featured in addition to Golbez. But we'll see.

Gogo
06-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I cant wait to play as squall...omg that would be awesome

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 02:20 PM
lol well, i think cloud is going to be in it. What would a FF franchise be without Cloud and Sephiroth duking it out? =P
Also i think Tidus will be included, and either Cecil or Kain for FF4 characters

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Tidus was seen fighting Sephiroth in a closed theater thing that still hasn't been revealed :p

EDIT:
AskMen.com - Final Fantasy: Dissidia preview (http://www.askmen.com/gaming/handheld/Final-Fantasy-Dissidia-Psp/preview-2-1.html)

The similarities to Advent Children's acrobatic, gravity-defying combat are unmistakable. A trailer shown separately from the demo had a pre-rendered CG sequence in which FFX's Tidus and FF7's Sephiroth raced up a cliff, exchanging blows, just like in the film.

I wanna see this ;_;

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Sweet, im assuming every character has his/her own fighting styles, obviously. Tidus will be most likely swift, while Kuja will probably be slow but can hit from afar with magic. Another thing i was wondering about.... Why would they pick Jecht over Seymour? The only thing i cna think of is that Seymour was also a big magic fighter(like Kuja) and to make the FFX villian have a more unique fighting style, made him into Jecht.

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how they're gonna work that out?

Jecht was in his normal human form, so he'd be a good guy only he's not! WHY? ;_;

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I have no idea. And im very sure that for his "EX" move he could turn into his final aeon form. Its very confusing, and im wondering what Jechts fighting style will be like...?

Obsidian
06-08-2008, 02:30 AM
I believe their reasoning for having Jecht for X and Golbez for IV is because they are much more physical compared to the more important villains from their games. Seymour was purely a magician/summoner, so he wouldn't be able to put up his dukes in the manner of Sephiroth or Kuja. Zemus was also frail in human form, and his other forms are probably not humanoid enough for the game's fighting engine.

But if my theory is true... Choosing the Dark Cloud instead of Xande makes no sense. :confused: She was a giant torso coming out of the void.

NeoCracker
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I actually think Edge would be FF IV's most Ideal Character. To many normal sword users, and they could use a Dual wielding Ninja. :p

You could say Zidane would classify, but I expect him to wield his dual bladed weapons instead of his two daggers, so it should make for two diverse fighting styles.

Masamunemaster
06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
this is the only thing I could find:(

YouTube - Dissdia - Final Fantasy Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqBl2cpwMqU)

Vivisteiner
06-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Im an expert on Dissidia. Ive been reading practically every article on it like the loser I am.

And yes, you get different equipment, abilities and so on. You have an EX gauge. When it fills up you can do a special move eg. trance for Zidane.

I think there'll be quite a lot of characters. A guy at SE said in an interview that they were trying to fit in as many as possible. All impressions of Dissidia so far have been positive.

EDIT: OMG, I get to kill Squall! This game is gonna be awesome. :p

Big D
06-09-2008, 01:12 AM
EDIT: OMG, I get to kill Squall! This game is gonna be awesome. :pEspecially if you get to kill Squall using Steiner, right?

Depression Moon
06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I believe their reasoning for having Jecht for X and Golbez for IV is because they are much more physical compared to the more important villains from their games. Seymour was purely a magician/summoner, so he wouldn't be able to put up his dukes in the manner of Sephiroth or Kuja.

Kuja wasn't a magician? I never saw him physically attack me once.

Obsidian
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I believe their reasoning for having Jecht for X and Golbez for IV is because they are much more physical compared to the more important villains from their games. Seymour was purely a magician/summoner, so he wouldn't be able to put up his dukes in the manner of Sephiroth or Kuja.

Kuja wasn't a magician? I never saw him physically attack me once.

I haven't played IX in a very long time, so I don't remember his attack patterns verbatim, but this game's trailer shows him performing very fast and acrobatic magic and using his trance mode. That's how he differs greatly from, say, Seymour's generally aloof style of double-casting and summoning of Anima.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Seymour was always more of a side villain than a main antagonist in X. Yu-Yevon is an orb of light so that just leaves Sin (Jecht) and it actually works better for the game cause the dynamic he shares with Tidus. Personally, I'm hoping to see Cecil or Kain or even Terra and Celes :love:

My fanboy dream will be for Cecil have the ability to transform between Dark Knight and Paladin :D

I also better see Gilgamesh...

Laddy
06-12-2008, 02:33 AM
I hope Terra is FFVI's hero...

capricious
06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Oo o yeah, I would like to see Terra and Cecil. =D

But yay for Zidane! A come back! I hope the English voice would suit him.. I didn't really like the Japanese, it made him sound too feminine. And it was the same woman who did Naruto.. I think.

Dissidia is also the reason why I sold everything I didn't want to buy a psp. @_@;; haha.................:love:

Harkus
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I'd love to see Vivi in this game!

Jessweeee♪
06-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Yes, I got a PSP last winter for the same reason!

It would be mega awesome if they put every playable character in the game, but that probably won't happen xD

f f freak
06-15-2008, 03:48 AM
They should put either Rydia or Quistis in this. Just so I can whip Squall until he says sorry for being the worst protagonist ever.

Nifleheim7
06-15-2008, 04:56 AM
RPGFan News - Tidus, Jecht Set to Appear in Dissidia: Final Fantasy (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1225.html)
Good news!:)

The Crystal
06-16-2008, 02:29 AM
RPGFan News - Tidus, Jecht Set to Appear in Dissidia: Final Fantasy (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1225.html)
Good news!:)

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/117930-new-dissidia-screenshots.html

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 01:58 AM
YES! I was hoping it would be Jecht and not Sin.

...why does Tidus look twice as girly as before? Well, they all do, I guess xD

EDIT:

Hrmm...so will we be seeing any FFXII heroes?

Dynast-Kid
06-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Hrmm...so will we be seeing any FFXII heroes?

WE'D BETTER. :mad2: