PDA

View Full Version : Scholar is a pimp

Bahamut2000X
06-08-2008, 04:54 AM
So I decided to try out Scholar intensively this game as I've never played it beyond the Hyne fight and came to realized that this job is an awesome fighter and so much better then people let it on to. The trick though is you need to dual wield books of an element your enemies are weak too. All through the water cave my Scholar hit as hard as my Knight would have, and many times even more so. Although the HP progression was crap and he didn't have good defense, but Scholar was a very capable fighter and really shined in the Water Cave.

So what jobs have many people put down as worthless that you enjoyed playing with and found to be quite useful?

For me I also had Thief very effectively after I got his dark gear and with the Orihalcon he was a one main self-healing machine. He also was good just for over all damage with this set up for a while and I managed to keep mine all the way till the dark caves.

Yar
06-08-2008, 05:20 AM
I can't stand the scholar. I don't use him for Hyne either. They seem to just distract and steal time that could be used for leveling other jobs instead for me.

I prefer using a white mage's Libra for Hyne.

Leeza
06-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Dual wielding books! Of course! I'll have to do that. I like that he can also use magic as a back-up.

Bahamut2000X
06-09-2008, 03:51 AM
Sadly not in the NES version they can't. Regardless though I had a lot of fun smashing monsters to death with books and being on par with my other fighters and usually out damaging them. The only sad part is that Sagsyg has such low HP now. :(

leader of mortals
06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I am at the end of the game and I still have a theif.