PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP problem

Lionx
06-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Ok...this is going to sound a lil stupid but because of FFXI i am having some trouble with my computer -_-

FFXI Crash - Final Fantasy XI :: Dreams in Vana'diel :: Community (http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/72044-ffxi-crash.html)

Basically i messed with the Registry in FFXI, which worked before, and then it would never ever launch the game ever after alot of reinstallations.

So what happened after trying all the above was that i tried to reinstall and cleanly reformat my HDD. The problem is now that i have reinstalled XP(not clean reformat)...and it doesnt solve anything so i am trying to boot from the CD to wipe my drive. But IT DOESNT BOOT.

It would prompt me for wanting to boot on the CD like normally and then when i press a key to make it proceed, it would stay on that Windows XP Setup blue screen..and not load from the CD at all, and i tried different windows xp installation CDs too, it just would not go past the blue screen thats blank...and copy files from CD. So now i am basically stuck with a worthless computer otherwise >_<...

What can i do? I am really frustrated at this...

Citizen Bleys
06-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Are you on a laptop designed for Vista? Only thing I can think of is that maybe you need to disable AHCI so the boot image can recognize your SATA hard drive partition(s)

Need more info to accurately diagnose, but unfortunately I don't know what info I need ><