PDA

View Full Version : Save my tastey beverage

theundeadhero
06-08-2008, 03:55 PM
The Anheuser-Busch company not only makes my favorite alcoholic beverages, it's also based in St. Louis, MO which is my hometown. It appears to be under a crises of hostile corporate merger/takeover by ruthless europeans who have realized America makes better tasting beer. Here's a petition to to hopefully sway a little opinion. I have little faith in internet petitions, or any petitions in general, but to me this is something worth saving.

Save Budweiser.Com (http://www.savebudweiser.com/)

Freya
06-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not legally allowed to drink so I don't think I should sign a petition out of moral values xD

Meow
06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
lordy me, what will I drink in the bowling alley with my hot wings and cutoff joorts

DMKA
06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Beer, Bud in particular, is, in my humble opinion, the nastiest tasting, most pointless form of booze on the planet.

Peegee
06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
While conversely I am able to drink large quantities of that stuff without going crazy. And I hate beer.

I will help sign your petition of ultimate sars.

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I am signee number 24806 and I'm e-mailing this to all of my friends. It would be incredibly sad if this happened.

Old Manus
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
lol budweiser

Shoeberto
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
It says "hostile takeover." What does that mean? That they're going to buy them out and promptly stop producing one of the nation's best selling beers?

I guess I don't really understand why it matters that they're being bought out, as the page says nothing as to their plans with the company once it's bought.

XxSephirothxX
06-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Budweiser's a huge name. If the company is bought out, it'll simply be somebody else pocketing the cash from the sales of the exact same beverage.

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2008, 08:34 PM
The point isn't so much that they'll stop producing. The point is it's a HUGE American company that employs thousands of Americans. If it's bought out by a foreign company that probably won't be the case anymore.

Avarice-ness
06-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Signee #25044.

Time to forward this to everyone I know~

Balzac
06-08-2008, 10:21 PM
snip ~hero

Avarice-ness
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
*snipped*

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS SNIP THE THINGS I REPLY TOO!? I'm still leaving the arguement, for it is true.

Regardless is america wants to admit it or not, we're having a growing economy problem. GM just closed a good number of factories laying off thousands of people, just adding to the already growing unemployment rate, this could easily add to the failing economy, not only with layoffs but the fact that yes, the american people like beer, my bro in law spends atleast 20 or 30 bucks on beer every weekend. With the company being american owned, the american economy sees the profits, if it's bought out, we'll just get a percentage. While you might think "It's just a beer company" it's not, it's a major company that is still american owned which is becoming a rarity these days.

And honestly at this point, our economy needs all it can get. They already tried to give us free money to put back into the economy to "boost" it but it backfired in their face, only 19-21% of the people who recieved the money actually put it back into the american economy. The rest used it for gas, bills, debts of some kind, or put it into savings.