PDA

View Full Version : Gasp. Let's be together for ever!

Avarice-ness
06-09-2008, 01:10 AM
This actually came from an idea from Celes thread about her meeting Alan and how it was nervous for an hour and what not.

I met my husband online but that's not what this thread is about!

This thread is about what happened or how things were when you MET them! So, if you met people online and then met IRL and dated, met people Irl and dated, or just if you have a potential meeting you want to talk about and share how you think it'll go, THIS IS THE PLACE.

Before I had met Bruce (Le Hubby) irl, I talked to him for a couple of years online. Well~ Before he got on the bus, when he was on the phone with me he warned me that he would probably be quiet and so if he didn't talk much, just don't be to worried.

Well, I went down to Milwaukee at around 7pm even though his bus wasn't suppose to arive til like 10pm, hung around a mall, had a drink at applebee's to calm my freaking out nerves (but only one drink because I knew how he felt about drinking and I admit I liked the drink alittle more than I should have).. well around 9pm everything closed down so I walked down to the bus station and sat there for about an hour. Then his bus is delayed by 15 minutes, then by like 30 minutes, then by 30 more minutes. Around an hour and a half of me freaking out and highlighting atleast thirty pages (-pages) of my astronomy book, he finally showed up.

The bus stopped, and he came out and I ran up to him grabbed his hands, then hugged him, then smiled at him and said "I won't let you be quiet!" he shook his head, laughed a bit and then said "Well hello to you too" and hugged me.
He was getting kind of nervous though when we were taking a taxi back to my house because.. well.. I got the taxi guy lost. xD

Either way, he was suppose to leave two weeks later, and then we talked and just couldn't do that. Well.. he clearly stayed, we got married, expecting a baby in september 6th which is a year from the day we started dating, and he's off in the army anxiously waiting to come home to me and our sweet little daughter in November.

SO! HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR OTHER?! =D!? IF YOU HAVEN'T HOW DO YOU THINK IT'LL BE! =D!?!?!

Peegee
06-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Years of casual relationships means that saying 'I met her in a club' gets boring. Since I'm now single, I'll take you people back in time to when I was 23/24 years old....whoosh!

Oops that was me. Also this is long. It taught me some valuable lessons like how relationships need to be simple and not demanding. It's better to have a relationship that flows naturally rather than chase after a relationship.

Wait, that's not far back enough. Back in time to when PG was 17 years old. WoW 17....That's 11 years ago. I was stupid, asian (unrelated), and unexperienced. Fun times to be in...groan.

So we're in high school. I used to be in the music program, playing clarinet. I never left it, and briefly my teacher suggested I go the path of the bass clarinet. It never happened. At least that would've been more fun (not really, but it's something new). Anyway, instead of going to that year's Kiwanis Music Festival, we went to Jamaica, to visit our Sister school. So it was a for-fun trip. We brought all of our instruments for the purposes of demonstration or what-not.

On the airplane, the girl next to me started to talk to me. We made small talk and I wasn't really interested in her. However she decided to have a huge crush on the PG (wait PG didn't exist then...), and followed me everywhere in the trip, much to my chagrin and the lulzing of my peers. Fun times -_-

Anyway, once the trip was finally over, I was able to escape this girl. However one day, she called me out of the blue. I did NOT give her my phone number and to this day the best I can come up with is that my friends betrayed me by giving it to her (or she called every Chan in the suburban area that surrounds the school). We spoke. I was polite, and eventually I got tired of the incessant calls. In an act that I would still applaud to this day, when she called, I would acknowledge her and then put the phone down. I'd then go carry on my business, come back in a bit, and hang up.

The reason I would applaud is that, for somebody who was ignorant about how to handle girls, this was the best of the 'ass' moves I could get away with. Also it's lulz filled from a very caustic perspective. Also, unless you were socially clueless, you'd get the hint after the first time, not the .. i dunno, 14th

Eventually she got the hint and backed off. We still spoke, albeit much more infrequently, and I graduated high school and moved on.

WAIT PG THIS IS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS. THIS FRIENDSHIP THING NEVER WENT ANYWHERE

Well I'm getting to that, you invisible JERK

Anyway, before some jerk rudely interrupted me, I went to school and found that programming was not for me. I dropped out and worked full time with my father. By the time I was 23, I got really good at telecommunications installation and while the parents kept telling me to go back to school, I was having too much fun and was being paid relatively good money (it got to the point where I made about the same as I do now, but for much harder work, relatively speaking) for a job I enjoyed.

Every so often, I would go to this Azn mall to play video games and um...that's it. One day, I was getting on the down escalator when I happened to look around and saw this girl walking towards said escalator. So I started to scream her name and made a huge commotion, as I was going down the escalator. I wish you guys could see it -- everybody was staring at me and I couldn't care less (as usual), yelling at this girl and stuff. So we met after years and got all caught up with our lives. Actually I don't even remember what she was doing -- she was studying university for some reason or another.

We started spending actual time together, and one day while watching tv she snuggled up against me and I put my arm around her. Easy as pie.

To keep it "PG13" our first kiss was before she moved back to the university, and our first shag was 3 weeks later when I visited her. A few weeks later she came back for the summer and thus began the absolute worst relationship I've ever been in.

But this thread is only about how you met your significant other. So I'll stop. yay!

CimminyCricket
06-09-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm sure it'll have something to do with me getting kicked in the gut.

Marshall Banana
06-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Jeremy had so many goodies for me when we met for the first time; I was so spoiled. =O

~*~Celes~*~
06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Well after being interrogated by British Immigration for 3 hours while he waited in the airport lobby area, I walked out to the lobby, and spotted him instantly. My heart started racing and I felt myself become VERY nervous and I was blushing. His dad saw me right away and smiled, but he didn't even notice me, so I walked right up to him and just stood there. Finally he looked up, smiled a kind of shy smile and said "oh, hello!" I looked down, all nervous and shy and sheepish because of the thing with British government so I just said "...hi..." and smiled. As we walked to the elevator, he grabbed my carry on luggage out of my hand and carried it for me while his dad asked me what all went on with the immigration lady (alan had been called on his cell because she asked him some questions so they knew what was going on) and I told him a few things and he could tell I was near tears so he hugged me. We left the airport and on the drive back to their place, the nervousness VERY gradually started to go away. I started poking fun at him like I always do and everything was ok.

We got to their house and he went into the kitchen and suggested his mom make me a sandwich as I was in the living room talking to his dad some more. I watched tv and his mom brought me a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Alan sat in an armchair on the other side of the couch (most likely to give me space...he was done being nervous when we left the airport and he could tell I was still really nervous) and we watched tv. He kept glancing over at me and I was watching him out of the corner of my eye, but he didn't notice. At one point, he just kinda laughed after looking at me so when he looked away I looked over at him and smiled, then looked back at the tv.

At some point, he said "dad, I'm taking Kari and we're gonna go." His dad asked where. "Oh, just out." "Well, where's out?" "Dad, you know how when you were a kid you'd just tell your parents you were just going out? Well, that's what I'm doing." "...But I'm not my parents!" Alan just kind of chuckled and got up. "Come on," he said, gesturing to me. I got up with him and we went to his car, got in, and he started it up.

Without looking at him (unless he was looking away, of course), I was able to FINALLY talk to him by saying more than just "...hi..." and random obviously flirty fun poking comments. At some point, I was able to look into his eyes and he smiled when he noticed this. I couldn't help but smile back.

"I don't know where we're going," he admitted after a few minutes of driving. I laughed. "Well, what are we getting from the store?" I hadn't heard the whole "dad, I'm taking Kari out" conversation, so I assumed we were going to the store for something. He grinned at me and said "we're not going to the store for anything." Realization hit me then as to where we were going and I pieced the conversation from earlier together. "...oooooh, I see...." I said in a knowing voice. He chuckled and kept driving. I fiddled with my thumbs a bit, suddenly shy again.

"Well, the only bad thing about being in person now, is that I have to worry about onion breath from that sandwich when you kiss me." He laughed a little and said "doesn't matter to me," and kept driving for a bit. After a bit more driving we reached the beach's parking lot. He rolled up the windows and I unbuckled my seatbelt. We looked into each other's eyes for a bit, smiling because we were both a little nervous. I took initiative.

"...I love you..." I whispered. He looked straight into my eyes, smiled gently, moving a little closer.

"...I love you too..." He gently rested his hand on my cheek, and our lips met in the most Earth-shattering, perfect, long-awaited, stomach-tingling kiss I've EVER had. We stopped for a moment.

"...Kari..." lips only centimeters away..."...Alan..."..."I love you.." "I love you too..." we kissed again.

After a while, he realized we were in a VERY public place, and decided to find another spot.

Later that night when we were having a rather...heated lip locking session and I ended up on top of him, I pulled away and said "...make love to me..."

He was more than willing to comply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We both lost our virginities that night and it was perfect <3 awkward due to the lack of experience, but perfect nonetheless =] It felt amazing....

We ended up going to 2 or 3 different places to make out xD After that time I was able to look him fully in the eyes, right before I said "I love you" for the first time in real life...The ice was broken then and there.

....God I hope I can get back there asap =[

escobert
06-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Hmm it was weird. I landed in Chicago and waited for her to pick me up. Liz said she had a surprise for me. She couldn't find where I was waiting at the airport and I was of no help. So she pulled up (I was on the phone with her) and I hoped in. I said something like "Hey baby" and I think she just said "Hi" We smoked a bowl as we made our way to her parents house. I was still nervous to meet her parents for the first time but as we were smoking and driving we became a bit more comfortable. Once we got to her house and met the folks it was much better. We had a great weekend together then sadly I had to fly back home to Vermont on monday. :D

Avarice-ness
06-09-2008, 03:43 AM
That's adorable. xD

I think "I love you" 's are the ice breakers.

Bruce doesn't say "I love you too" though, because he says that by saying too at the end that it implies that there's like.. an ending threshold to love. So by saying too, it's like saying "I also love you as much as you love me" where as just I love you means that the love has no bounds, limits, or threshold. I love you basically has the never ending end that the first I love you has. If that makes any sense. xD

For like the first 2 days of him being here, I would say I love you too because I'm used to saying that to family and what not but after getting the love lecture I finally stopped. xD

In fools gold chat! :D

I said no about meeting online BERT BERT. But.. since we're on it and I've already posted it somewhere on the DA forums.. xD

WALLOTEXTPLZ

I had been on MSN chats (The chat place that doesn't exist anymore) since I was 15, I'm 22 now obviously. Well I hung around MSN chats until they started wanting people to get subscriptions to chat there. So I get off the whole chat scene and what not. At like 18, a friend brings me to an MSN groups chat, that eventually led me to another chat.
Well, basically this other chat had people who I knew back when I was 15, those people also were the best friends of my now husband. I ended up hearing about him nearly everyday for a year or so until I left chats again. I come back 2 years later and end up talking to him on a varied basis. We both shared the common amusement that we both were best friends of people at two different times, and I ended up being the person he'd talk to for his relationship problems, life problems, EVERYTHING. I basically became his therapist.
A few months after he had broken up with his girlfriend, he started hinting around that he liked me. Which for me was a shock because granted I was like his best friend, but for a couple of years all I always listened to my friends talk about him and how great he was so I -never- thought he'd like me.

About a month after hinting he liked me and that I saved his life on multiple occasions (AKA he was contemplating the worth of his life at some point and I talked him out of it) and that he would want nothing more than to be with me.

So then we're like "Okay, so we're dating now" but then I got stupid and break up with him, and then weeks later I find out that I was the only reason he was staying in the main states and that he was planning to move to Alaska with his friend.

I end up thinking about it.. while drinking and I end up telling him I love him and not to leave and all that good drunken girl stuff. I don't remember half of that conversation but he does. The next day at college I got a text from him in my philosophy class that said "If you truly feel like that, then you won't mind me booking a bus ticket to come see you" or something like that. I was completely stoked.

He ended up coming the next Wednesday, canceled his plane ticket with me the next day. And just never left. xD

We always find it funny though, that we basically had the exact same internet friends for almost 8 years, we just had them at different times which is why we never ran into each other.

THE END!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Bruce doesn't say "I love you too" though, because he says that by saying too at the end that it implies that there's like.. an ending threshold to love. So by saying too, it's like saying "I also love you as much as you love me" where as just I love you means that the love has no bounds, limits, or threshold. I love you basically has the never ending end that the first I love you has. If that makes any sense. xD

For like the first 2 days of him being here, I would say I love you too because I'm used to saying that to family and what not but after getting the love lecture I finally stopped. xDHe's wrong, though. "I love you, too" just means "I also love you." It says nothing of any "amount" of love.

~*~Celes~*~
06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
That's adorable. xD

For like the first 2 days of him being here, I would say I love you too because I'm used to saying that to family and what not but after getting the love lecture I finally stopped. xD

Well, it makes sense to me now that I think about it =]

The hardest part of the whole thing was saying "see you later" the next morning (we don't say goodbye because that implies that you won't see each other ever again..."see you later" means you WILL see each other again, and sometime soon, at that), because he kept crying and I was trying sooo hard not to so i could be strong for him...but when I got back to Chicago to get a connecting flight to Toledo to go home, I called my parents...and right when dad picked up the phone, I totally broke down and could not stop. When I talked to him the next morning (which was pretty much 2 hours after I got home at midnight), he admitted to me that when he got back to his car he sat there and just lost it. He cried like a baby.

When we were at the airport as I was getting ready for check in, he said "Kari..." I looked over at him and he opened his arms. "I just want to say 'see you later' before you go," so I walked over to him. Instantly he wrapped his arms around me tightly and I could feel his body shaking. I looked up and his lower lip was trembling.

"...I'm gonna miss you SOOO much, baby..." tears were falling and his voice was trembling. I grabbed him tight and kissed him many, many times.

"I promise you, I WILL be home again soon, okay? You'll be okay...we'll be okay...we just have to work hard to get me back, okay?" He nodded and I wiped his tears with my fingers. I smiled sadly and kissed his cheek, his forehead, his nose..

"I love you, baby..." "...I love you too *sniffle*" I hugged him tightly one last time and we went our separate ways. I turned around to say "see you later" one last time but he was gone...I have a feeling he knew he was going to break down so he just wanted to get out of there.

This'll be one heck of a story to tell our kids o.o

I'm still crying even today...I miss him so much =[

Avarice-ness
06-09-2008, 03:56 AM

For like the first 2 days of him being here, I would say I love you too because I'm used to saying that to family and what not but after getting the love lecture I finally stopped. xDHe's wrong, though. "I love you, too" just means "I also love you." It says nothing of any "amount" of love.

Yeah that's what I tried to explain to him too, but he's weird. I guess the words "I love you too" seem more obligated than "I love you" because for me, it was like a natural reaction to say I love you too after I love you, and I actually have to think about it to keep the too off the I love you.
My sister said that he'll prolly get over it in a few years though.

That's adorable. xD

The hardest part of the whole thing was saying "see you later" the next morning (we don't say goodbye because that implies that you won't see each other ever again..."see you later" means you WILL see each other again, and sometime soon, at that), because he kept crying and I was trying sooo hard not to so i could be strong for him...but when I got back to Chicago to get a connecting flight to Toledo to go home, I called my parents...and right when dad picked up the phone, I totally broke down and could not stop.

Aww, yeah I don't like goodbye -at all-. I'll say bye, but never good bye.

When my husband left for boot camp he was like trying so hard to stay strong which made me stay stronger, but it doesn't disregard the fact that at random times or like.. watching Tv I'll end up being all " ; ; " because something reminds me of him or something dumb like that.

I think the only time he got like really teary eye'd was when he was hugging my tummy telling our baby that he loved her and he knows she'll be beautiful and that he wished he could be there when she was born.

The first letter I got from boot camp was like.. the epitome of a man breaking down and it broke my heart to see him like that.

You think you could love someone to death when they're there, but when they're gone you feel like your dying because you love them more than you could recognize.

NOW I'M SAD AGAIN.

Rye
06-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Jeremy had so many goodies for me when we met for the first time; I was so spoiled. =O

Yeah, Huxley plans to treat me so much when he comes over. I insists that he's spoiling me, and that he shouldn't, but he probably will anyway. :kaohappy:

Madame Adequate
06-09-2008, 04:00 AM

Yeah, Huxley plans to treat me so much when he comes over. I insists that he's spoiling me, and that he shouldn't, but he probably will anyway. :kaohappy:

Spoiling you? I won't be able to treat you NEARLY as well as you deserve! ;_; (But yes expect many presents etc.)

escobert
06-09-2008, 04:04 AM

I said no about meeting online BERT BERT.

I FIXED IT! :p

Marshall Banana
06-09-2008, 04:22 AM
This thread is so corny. XD

Avarice-ness
06-09-2008, 04:25 AM

I said no about meeting online BERT BERT.

I FIXED IT! :p

xD WTB ENGLISH SKILLS.

This thread is so corny. XD

Yeah it is. But it's making the pregnant lady sparkle and sparklings good!

Spoiling you? I won't be able to treat you NEARLY as well as you deserve! ;_; (But yes expect many presents etc.)

As bad as it sounds since.. I'm the wife.. I totally spoiled him when he was here. Like horriblely, he couldn't find a job until he joined the army and really all the extra money I was getting was going to things for him. In my family I was raised to spoil the one's we love. xD

Luckly though, we're getting 20k on top of the money we're saving in boot camp and AIT and well the only thing I know of right now is that he's going to massively upgrade my wedding ring and I was just told to "not spend to much of the savings."
Why upgrade you may ask? It's an issue with him, basicaly he spent like 500$ on his first fiance's engagement ring, well as he didn't work he was relying on the tax rebate to give him 600$ that was going to go to the ring, and he only got 300$, He almost cried when he realized that he wasn't getting me a ring that was basically as great as I am. He constantly asked me over and over if I really loved my ring, and I told him yes, but then later that night he was on the phone with his sister and he told her that when he came back in November that he was going to get me the best ring possible because I deserve better. I asked him about it and apparently I wasn't suppose to be listening because all I got was "I don't know what you're talking about". xD

So really, it's going to be one awesome spoiling Christmas.

rubah
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
once upon a february, I asked mommy if I could invite a boy to prom, and spent the next ten minutes or so saying that this ohio boy and I had been interweb dating for a couple of months now, and he just happened to have his spring break right a côte de that weekend.

It didn't take nearly as much convincing as I'd thought. Meanwhile, someone was talking to his parents about a similar trip. (actually, it might've taken a few days. We'd been talking about it for a while and I wanted him to approach his first, and he was too scared, so I just went out and did it to show him that it wasn't that bad xD)

so one friday night, after working for 10 hours to decorate, I went home, took a bath, sprayed on my nicest smelling stuff, put on the cutest dress I had, and waited for the two hour lay-over in atlanta, had mom drive me the hour to little rock during the two hour flight to little rock, and waited nervously in the terminal for the last flight at midnight thirty.

Finally, after a million people that were not wearing khaki pants and blue shirts (to match my blue dress), the LAST person was a curly hair, and we spotted one another, were drawn together by magnetic dipole forces, and had the awkwardest and best first kiss of our lives. ahahahahahahahaha sorry.

we experimented trying to figure out the best way for two people of the same height to hold hands (and promptly found the method we use to this day), and waited for the luggage to come around. Luckily since he was so slow getting off, we didn't have too long to wait for this. On the way home, we sat in the backseat, with me laying my head in his lap, and for a while we just stared at one another. Then some furtive kisses and we tried out the french fashion.

It was incredible to be held so closely by someone so dear finally.

We stayed up until about 3, just holding and kissing. He gave me a piggyback ride to my bedroom, and tucked me in and said "Sleep sweet, my princess" and I probably said some sappy thing back, and he went to sleep on the couch in the living room.

And that's how it started!

Shoeberto
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Finally, after a million people that were not wearing khaki pants and blue shirts (to match my blue dress), the LAST person was a curly hair, and we spotted one another, were drawn together by magnetic dipole forces, and had the awkwardest and best first kiss of our lives. ahahahahahahahaha sorry.
It's really cute to look back on in retrospect!

Blue Harvest
06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I have no significant other, nor any first awkward meetings to speak of. Perhaps one day I will have an interesting (and likely embarrassing) story to share.

Quindiana Jones
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
College. Same French class.

Rantz
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I was on a business trip in the Pleiades. She was a Fnyrx from Betelgeuse. We collided and helped each other to a small ship repair planet nearby. She sighed, "oh rantzien zhurpk my wyxrba". We made slimy alien smooches.

DMKA
06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
This thread is full of lies.

Jings
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I used to be very cynical about internet dating, the idea of having a long term relationship with someone hundreds or thousands of miles away, and whom you've never met, seemed totally unfeasible to someone who lives five minutes from his girlfriend and sees her every other day.

Even though you're still very young, Celes, you've opened my eyes to how, if people care about each other enough, then distance becomes nothing but an irritant. I don't think I could do it but I'm really happy to see that for you at least it seems to be going really well so far.

I'e never 'dated' someone I met online so I'm going to promptly leave this thread now.

Balzac
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
One of my ex's I met while I was at uni, I was busting out a Richie Sambora solo on the guitar and she wondered into my room to see who it was. We were together for 3 years after that.

So guitars really do get a girl. Imagine that.

Caraliz
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
That's adorable. xD

The hardest part of the whole thing was saying "see you later" the next morning (we don't say goodbye because that implies that you won't see each other ever again..."see you later" means you WILL see each other again, and sometime soon, at that), because he kept crying and I was trying sooo hard not to so i could be strong for him...but when I got back to Chicago to get a connecting flight to Toledo to go home, I called my parents...and right when dad picked up the phone, I totally broke down and could not stop. When I talked to him the next morning (which was pretty much 2 hours after I got home at midnight), he admitted to me that when he got back to his car he sat there and just lost it. He cried like a baby.

When we were at the airport as I was getting ready for check in, he said "Kari..." I looked over at him and he opened his arms. "I just want to say 'see you later' before you go," so I walked over to him. Instantly he wrapped his arms around me tightly and I could feel his body shaking. I looked up and his lower lip was trembling.

"...I'm gonna miss you SOOO much, baby..." tears were falling and his voice was trembling. I grabbed him tight and kissed him many, many times.

"I promise you, I WILL be home again soon, okay? You'll be okay...we'll be okay...we just have to work hard to get me back, okay?" He nodded and I wiped his tears with my fingers. I smiled sadly and kissed his cheek, his forehead, his nose..

"I love you, baby..." "...I love you too *sniffle*" I hugged him tightly one last time and we went our separate ways. I turned around to say "see you later" one last time but he was gone...I have a feeling he knew he was going to break down so he just wanted to get out of there.

This'll be one heck of a story to tell our kids o.o

i love yous are definitely ice breakers~ and omg crying after leaving is the worst thing ever. i cried so much :(

me and bert met in october in fool's gold chat. we were talking about whether weed was better than alcohol (guess what we said :p) and things just went from there. i used to lurk here a little bit when i knew some people from here and i always thought he was funny, so i was like amg bert's talking to me~ so i asked him for his myspace and we just talked on there a lot. and i asked him for his number eventually so we texted. and one night i was really intoxicated and i decided to call him and it was SO AWKWARD and when we hung up i was like "oh well i guess he never wants to talk to me again!" but we all know how that turned out ;p

anyways, we planned to meet around new years but that never happened, due to my parents flipping out. but in retrospect, it's much better that happened. we finally did meet in february. i was so nervous. i was driving to the airport (first time at that one) and i got lost. and stuck in traffic. so i was freaking out, and he was chilling at the place to meet me. when i got there an hour late, he hopped in and said "hey baby" and my first reaction was "who is this strange man and why is he calling me baby" and it took me a little to be like "yes, this is the person i've been talking to on the telephone for months now, this is him." it was so weird! so then when we got to my house, we cuddled on my bed for a bit and kissed and it was a lot less awkward after that.

he was supposed to leave three days later, but he missed his flight, so we had to reschedule for later (omg this was a huge fiasco.)

i was crying so hard after i left him at the airport, and then he calls me and tells me he missed his flight. so i go pick him up, and i get tohave him until 8pm that day! so we go and watch a movie, and then i have to say bye again. :( it was so sad. i cried so much, the entire week after i said bye was awful.

oh, and i edited out all the crazy stoner smoking parts for everyone.
:love:

and now we live together and all that happy stuff. :greenie:

Miriel
06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Del Murder and I met in October of 2005. We spent the weekend doing typical date type things. We went to the movies, walked around and got ice cream, and sat and talked for hours. When he showed up at my apartment, I gave him a great big hug and didn't let go until he made me let go. It was the most surreal thing to touch him and hold him and have him stand right in front of me. I just wanted to keep on hugging as long as I could.

The biggest thing I remember about our first meeting was that I felt like I'd known him forever. Prior to meeting, I was SO nervous. But I felt completely at ease with him right from the get-go, which wasn't something I was anticipating. It felt very natural and our first meeting flowed so wonderfully. Being together was the easiest thing in the world.

Parting was no fun, but it actually wasn't so bad in the beginning, before we grew to love each other. But once that love hit us, separating was a kick in the butt. We see each other pretty regularly, once a month typically. I still look back at our first meeting as a magical time. During our Anniversary we try and recreate the stuff we did on our first few dates. On our second date, he took me to Disneyland and kissed me under the fireworks. Most magical moment, EVER. Seriously. The kind of soaring, wild butterflies in your tummy, almost gonna pass out from pure bliss, sort of magical moment. Just perfect. :)

Eventually after we went out on a few dates and spent some time together, we decided that we liked each other and took it to that boyfriend/girlfriend level. The rest is history. :greenie:

The Unknown Guru
06-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm thinking it will have something to do with me being juuuuuust pathetic enough to feel sorry for but not enough to drag you down with me. Right now, I'm waaay below that level.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-11-2008, 03:52 AM
This thread is making me sad.

I met my ex online. We talked a lot, especially when I went home for Christmas break. During then, I found out he had no plans for New Year's Eve so I invited him to come with me and my friends (coincidentally we lived in the same city). So we met the day before, December 30th, after I came back from my parents'. We met at the metro station near my apartment. We talked a little and it was kinda awkward. He came over and we watched Gankutsuou (yeah, we are total geeks) on my laptop in the living room. Eventually we started to cuddle a bit and there was awkward hand holding. That night I walked him to the bus stop and said an awkward goodbye. Then as I walked home, I texted him to say I had a good time (I forgot to say it). I then bother Faris telling her how mixed up I am, because I am trying to figure out what it all meant. Yay for self-caused drama!

The next day, we wait and wait for my friend to call me as to finalize our plans. Eventually, as he was about to head over to my place to wait, she calls and we meet up at my place and head over to her apartment. It was kinda awkward as he was quiet and shy around my friends, but he said he had fun. Then we headed out to the bar, we made a little detour to get food first. At midnight, he wished me "Happy New Years" (in Japanese actually, he picked up a bit from anime -__-;). At like 2am my friends were wasted and were heading for their place. He suggests we go back to my place. We do. We play Soul Calibur for a bit and it degrades into a tickle fight, which prompted us being physically close again. Then we finish watching Gankutsuou or at least watch more of it, I forget when we actually finished the series. Anyways, the point is during that he slowly was pushing my elbow so that my arm went under his shirt --we were already cuddling-- as his other hand slid down my pants. No need to go into more detail. Needless to say we decided to go into my bedroom. When we got there, it was so awkward. We did not know how to pick up from where we left off so we talked and talked for hour(s). I do not know how long anymore, eventually we were intimate physically again, without going all the way that it. After that we had our first kiss (I know, way to put the cart before the horse). By then it was morning and he left to go back home.

He was the first person to make me feel so comfortable with. I felt so much at ease with him. I regret nothing. I am still trying to get over him.

Chemical
06-11-2008, 06:31 AM
well I met Araciel and we dated
then I met PG and now we live together (plutonically)
(He said recently said that I was like the sister he never had. I feel the same; he is also like the sister I never had.)

I also met Frank and Mindflare,
but they left before I could kidnap them.

Jowy
06-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I wound up getting stood up by Shalyn at 3 AM on Valentine's Day because my super secret Valentine's Day card asked what I was doing at said time. The next day she sent me a usernote and we started chatting back and forth through those while I was at work. A few days went by and I worked up the balls to talk to her on AIM. We eventually started to progress further and further through the conversation mediums up to phone calls and texts. After talking for about a month, I told her that I loved her and she makes me the happiest man alive. A little over a month of us internet dating, I drove down to visit her. Made a terrible first impression on her family, but that was the least of my concerns that day. She threw me on the couch and kissed me to get me to stop talking about getting lost. We drove around, got food and ice cream, kissed a lot, and then I needed to get home. Came back a few weeks later for another visit, things got a little NC-17 then. A month or so after that, she moved to Erie with me over the summer after she graduated, and then we moved back down here.

She's stuck with me, but I'm a good boyfriend to the best of my knowledge. ^_^

Misfit
06-11-2008, 08:24 AM
I wound up getting stood up by Shalyn at 3 AM on Valentine's Day because my super secret Valentine's Day card asked what I was doing at said time.
It was just a cheesy pick-up line I used, who thought you'd ACTUALLY stay up 'till 3 AM?!

capricious
06-11-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't know if I would have the courage and just hug someone I met for the first time even though I message them online.. :eep:;; But some of these stories are sweet and sad. As for internet relationship, I never really believed in them cause most of the time, people usually break up within a few months. Whereas there's only a few percentage that keep it together. :greenie: