PDA

View Full Version : Disaster

sillybuttons™
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I was putting off going throught the bottom of the Northern cave untill I'd had a good look round and done everything I could find. I beat Omega Weapon and Emerald Weapon (with the help of a 7777 tip I got off a friend) and was busy morphing sources to fight Ruby Weapon. I had done loads of stuff. I got infected with tons of malware and had to do a destructive restore on my computer. I didn't back my saves up. Sooooo.... a warning to all of ya playing FF on a PC. <=BACK UP=>.
Anyhoo, I can look at this as an opportunity to go back and do some things which I know I missed. Like Aeris' final limit break.:mog:

BG-57
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
My sympathies.

Fortunately the game has replay value. Are you planning a 'perfect' game or just a regular playthrough?

sillybuttons™
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I was going to go for a perfect game on my second playthrough which means following a walkthrough but now I'm not too sure if I'll be cheating because I haven't actually finished it without a walkthrough yet. So I'm torn. I feel like I've earned the right to do a perfect game play through and been robbed of it by some malicious little adolescent **** thinking they are the bees knees because they strung a couple of variables together and put it on the web. I mean what satisfaction can anyone really get from infecting an innocent computer that they don't even know exists? Sorry went off on a bit of a rant there. Anyway I'm going to give it a couple of weeks before I start again and play Umbrella Chronicles first then I'll decide what to do. But the perfect game sure looks like a good challenge. Any opinion is welcome on what I should do. :mog:

BG-57
06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
You can use a walkthrough up until the point where your game crashed without feeling guilty. Then make two saves, one to finish the game normally and the other to go back and get everything.

Getting a perfect game is challenging. Some items like Vagrisk Claws and Earth Mallets are hard to find (although once you get at least one you can multiply it using a glitch). Others like the Pile Banger and Parasol are found only during certain events.

Naturally you can max most stats with sources but I wonder if its worth the bother considering you defeat even Emerald and Ruby without them.

There is a plethora of helpful faqs and guides on gamefaqs.com that can help you get everything.

Internet viruses and the like are acts of vandalism. And as such are expressions of destructive impulses of those people. I pity them.

sillybuttons™
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah not a bad Idea and guilt free. Cheers. I will be using gamefaqs, I've found a good looking perfect game walkthrough with different levels of perfect ranging from at least one item of each and breeding a gold chocobo and getting every enemy skill on the at least one materia and such like up to maxing out stats (including HP and MP which involves a lot of resetting and some complicated equations) as well as doing and getting everything possible without the w-item glitch (including 99 of each mastered materia). I think I'd have to be insane or incredibly bored/patient to do the latter but I'll have a look through the different options and pick one to suit.:mog:

BG-57
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I never was able to get the Parasol, although I did manage to max my E. Skill materia and get every consumable item. And be aware that there's a monster you can only fight by losing a Fort Condor Battle. Or better still, do not deploy troops at all.

I'm interested to see how you do. Keep me updated.

sillybuttons™
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Will do. Cheers.:mog:

Relapse
06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
I beat Omega Weapon

no, you didn't. there is no omega weapon.

anyway, hope you're able to re-do your perfect game without much hassle. :)

sillybuttons™
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I beat Omega Weapon

no, you didn't. there is no omega weapon.

anyway, hope you're able to re-do your perfect game without much hassle. :)

Ultima/Omega. Whatever. I still beat it and thats what counts to me.:mog:

Marky Tee
06-20-2008, 02:36 PM
sorry to hear that mate tho if its any consolation the same thing has happened to me many times with several final fantasies due to the fact that playstation memory cards are utter rubbish
oh and also a few times with pokemome yellow (when i used a cheat cartrig to get all the pokemone at lvl100) when my sister "accidently" overrode my data