PDA

View Full Version : Red Garden

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2008, 06:29 AM
So I just watched the rest of Red Garden and it is SO COOL.

Has anyone else seen how COOL it is? Because I would like to discuss it's COOLNESS with you all :</>D!

Namelessfengir
06-10-2008, 06:35 AM
ive never heard of it so until i have quantifiable evidence of its cool/suck ratio i can honestly say "as far as i know it kicks ass!!!!!"

Roto13
06-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I read this topic title as "Red Green" and I came in here to say that he looks exactly like my dad. But that's not the topic.

God, I'm tired.

JKTrix
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
This show was kind of a challenge for me and I didn't get very far into it. It was interesting to a point, perhaps above-averagely so, but when I first started watching it it was just hard to watch. It could be that I was just on 'anime burnout' at the time, so I might give it another try when more of the DVDs came out. Generally though, I don't enjoy 'creepy' things, be they games or books or tv/movies so that could be working against it too.

Roto13
06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Someone tell me what it's about without spoiling the story. :P I need something else to watch.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
OKAY!

Kate, Rachel, Rose, and Claire are all students at a private institution set on Roosevelt Island, New York City. Waking up one morning, all feel uneasy and restless as they deem strange that none of them can recall anything about the previous night. Their anxiety escalates when the school announces that Lise, another classmate of theirs, was found dead.

Afterwards, the following night for unknown reasons the four girls are drawn by butterflies that gather them to the same place, as if they have been summoned by something which they cannot explain. There, they are approached by a woman called Lula and her partner JC to tell them all that they are already dead, and must work for them if they do not want to disappear completely. Their job is killing "monsters" in the dead of night. Lulu and JC will summon the girls on certain nights, and then they will fight certain "monsters" (that look almost like regular people). After a fight the girls feel drained and tired. If they fail, they will die for real.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but everything else is a spoiler S:

JKTrix
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
This is a podcast I listen to every now and then, their most recent one actually talks about Red Garden :P

Show #218: And Then I Was DONE. FOREVER. | Fast Karate for the Gentleman (http://daveandjoel.com/?p=206)

Skip to about 8:28 to get past them talking junk about Barack Obama's height, Ken Levine's PR photo and other random stuff. Generally though, they didn't like it :P I do recall it being a show that is more suited to females, while not exactly being a 'girly' show.

Roto13
06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't know if I want to watch it. xP

Namelessfengir
06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
OKAY!

Kate, Rachel, Rose, and Claire are all students at a private institution set on Roosevelt Island, New York City. Waking up one morning, all feel uneasy and restless as they deem strange that none of them can recall anything about the previous night. Their anxiety escalates when the school announces that Lise, another classmate of theirs, was found dead.

Afterwards, the following night for unknown reasons the four girls are drawn by butterflies that gather them to the same place, as if they have been summoned by something which they cannot explain. There, they are approached by a woman called Lula and her partner JC to tell them all that they are already dead, and must work for them if they do not want to disappear completely. Their job is killing "monsters" in the dead of night. Lulu and JC will summon the girls on certain nights, and then they will fight certain "monsters" (that look almost like regular people). After a fight the girls feel drained and tired. If they fail, they will die for real.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but everything else is a spoiler S:

that sounds like a crappy version of the anime gantz

so..... i must revise my statement.... til i see otherwise it sucks