PDA

View Full Version : I'm bigger than you, I'm higher in the food chain! Get in ma belly!

Captain Maxx Power
06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Seeing as how White Raven can't help but dissapoint, this thread is for the Austin Powers movies just because I can. They're super funny even to this day, and I'd really love to see a fourth one made especially since James Bond has come back into vogue since the last film.

Groovy baby, yeah! :cool:

Shoeberto
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
The third one was just awwwwwwwwful. I'm not looking forward to a fourth, I think Mike Meyers has really lost his touch.

It's a huge disappointment because I love just about everything he did in the '90s. He really had a knack for taking a character and just running with it. Ever since Goldmember though his work has just been downhill.

The first two movies were fantastic though. I can still probably quote them word for word.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I love them xD

OMFG

Even when I was too young to understand a lot of stuff I still found it hilarious.

Dreddz
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
There all good for chuckle but not that good that we need a forth one to be made. The only memorable bit I can remember is when they flatten a guard and then switch to his home where his family find out. Not exactly funny......but memorable.

I'd much rather see Mike Myers go back to Waynes World, if they can acknowledge the time we live in and not make it seem dated then it'll be great.

Momiji
06-10-2008, 06:27 PM
The second Austin Powers movie was far superior to the other two. :p

Roto13
06-10-2008, 06:28 PM
The first one was pretty good. The second one had too many throwbacks. The third one... didn't flow very well at all. xP

Blue Harvest
06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Am I the only one who loved the third?

Shoeberto
06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I'd much rather see Mike Myers go back to Waynes World, if they can acknowledge the time we live in and not make it seem dated then it'll be great.
Wayne, Garth and everyone else in the flicks/skits were pure products of the early '90s Gen-X culture. Reinventing them in our generation would be a tragedy. It'd be a movie about being on Facebook all day.

The only way they could revisit them would be in a Brady Bunch movie-esque way of having them be in a fish out of water situation in the modern world, which would just be absolutely awful.

I'm ready to let Wayne's World go.

Captain Maxx Power
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM

I love it as well. All these other people are just plain wrong if you ask me.

Blue Harvest
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes they are!

Breine
06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I think all three of them are very funny. Mike Myers is a great comedian.

Shoeberto
06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
There were a lot of things that I didn't like about Goldmember.
- Goldmember was a pretty boring bad guy with a lame gimmick
- Young Austin and Young Dr. Evil = people doing bad impressions of both characters, which is always a bad time
- Made Of 60% Recycled Materials
- Beyonce
- New jokes that you could see a million miles away or jokes that had poor execution to the point where they were just awkward (subtitle sequence; "Look it's Godzilla oh no it's not" sequence).
- The ending

I mean there was some good material there, but on the whole it was just kind of a hack job. I had pretty high expectations going into it, too, with how big of a fan I was of the first two movies.

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Goldmember had some funny parts, but it was mostly the same jokes that were getting a little thin. I still think it had one of the most hilarious movie intros of all time, though; all the celebrity action was just amazing.

The first two were far better movies and home to so many classic lines. I think my favorite line in the series was "Allow myself to introduce...myself."

Goldenboko
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I think all three of them are very funny. Mike Myers is a great comedian.

oddler
06-10-2008, 10:28 PM
- Young Austin and Young Dr. Evil = people doing bad impressions of both characters, which is always a bad time
- Beyonce

Yeah and yeah. Overall, though, I really liked all three of them. I think the movies had a knack for pushing a joke all the way up to the point where it wouldn't be funny at all without actually going over that line.

Rye
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I liked all three, but the first two were definitely superior.

Cz
06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
It'd be unfair to call Goldmember a bad film, but it didn't offer very much that was new, so it's not quite as good as its predecessors. I'd see a fourth installment if it came out, but I suspect it would probably suffer from the same problem.

The Unknown Guru
06-11-2008, 01:18 AM

Nope. *Hi-fives*

I'm really having trouble not typing "C'MERE, LITTLE BABY! I'M GONNA EAT YEH!"

Oh, whoops.

Blue Harvest
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I should probably mention my birthday is on the same day as Mike Myers :jess:

I Don't Need A Name
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
3 was good just for the prison sequence xD
you've gotta love the films though :D
they make me laugh every time

NeoCracker
06-11-2008, 10:47 PM
*Insert quote of Gobo's post here*

Psychotic
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM
They're all pretty funny, although I do agree with this post.
It'd be unfair to call Goldmember a bad film, but it didn't offer very much that was new, so it's not quite as good as its predecessors. I'd see a fourth installment if it came out, but I suspect it would probably suffer from the same problem.Johnny English remains my favourite Bond spoof though.

Big D
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I love the first one, 'cause it's a thoughtful and sharp-witted Bond parody. The sequels go downhill, though, when any notion of intelligent humour is replaced entirely by US pop culture gags and occasional bodily functions.

DMKA
06-12-2008, 12:50 AM
"It's a bit nutty" makes the second one difficult to even think about ever watching again for me. xD

Captain Maxx Power
06-12-2008, 02:34 AM
You people need to lower your standards. "O boo hoo, it doesn't have a semblance of a plot or as deep a character development as the other movies". This isn't Schlinder's List we're talking about it's just some daft movies.

Also, if you don't find stuff like this funny, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BGyLZhY40) you're probably stuffy and boring and not worth hanging out with IMO.

Breine
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
- Beyonce

Yeah and yeah. Overall, though, I really liked all three of them. I think the movies had a knack for pushing a joke all the way up to the point where it wouldn't be funny at all without actually going over that line.

I think Beyonce did a pretty good job. She's actually not a bad actress.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-12-2008, 11:25 AM
If they spawn too many sequels pretty soon Myers will be playing every role

Momiji
06-12-2008, 02:33 PM
You people need to lower your standards. "O boo hoo, it doesn't have a semblance of a plot or as deep a character development as the other movies". This isn't Schlinder's List we're talking about it's just some daft movies.

Also, if you don't find stuff like this funny, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BGyLZhY40) you're probably stuffy and boring and not worth hanging out with IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Goldmember, but this was one of my favorite parts. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGsdEsndM0&feature=related)

Big D
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I was never that fond of the way the films used Verne Troyer.
"Lolz, it r funny cuz he a midget freak instead of a normal person!!1"

Momiji
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
He doesn't seem to have any problems with it. I mean, he plays the same character in almost every movie he's in. I guess he sees himself as a comedic object as well.

Dynast-Kid
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I liked the third one! It's not as good as the others, but it's still entertaining.

- Beyonce

I think Beyonce did a pretty good job. She's actually not a bad actress.

I agree! Beyonce's a pretty good actress!

But she's one of those people who's only as good as her character.

Jings
06-13-2008, 02:30 AM
'My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.'

I don't know why but I love when Dr. Evil says that. The first two were bloody good films. I've only ever seen Goldmember once but I remember being relieved when it finished, that's never a good thing.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-13-2008, 09:41 AM
There were dreadful cameos in the third flick

Blue Harvest
06-13-2008, 07:54 PM
'My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.'

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy :D

Gogo
06-13-2008, 09:02 PM
long hard and full of seamen anyone? (not asking if anyone is cause thats just wrong)

Jings
06-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy :D

Haha best scene in the film.

Blue Harvest
06-14-2008, 07:49 PM
long hard and full of seamen anyone? (not asking if anyone is cause thats just wrong)

I laughed so hard gum fell out of my mouth and I wasn't even chewing any :tongue:

DMKA
06-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Personally, the "English English" part was my favorite scene in the third one.

Roto13
06-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Personally, the "English English" part was my favorite scene in the third one.

*gibberish gibberish gibberish* Teakettle! *gibberish gibberish* SHAT ON A TURTLE!