PDA

View Full Version : N: You find a Wall. E: You Find a Wall. S: You Find a Wall. W: The Grue Appears!

rubah
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
How are you guys with directions?

I am very good at finding my way around places. This helps me navigate foreign cities, my college campus, and Wal*Mart.

Peegee
06-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Terrible. Takes me at least a month to learn a new city.

I've been to Oshawa twice and both times I got lost. The second time with a GPS no less -- GPS = useless without addresses xD

Shoeberto
06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
You have walked into the fangs of a slathering Grue! (http://frontalot.com/media.php/358/MC_Frontalot_SFTF_%2807%29_It_Is_Pitch_Dark.mp3)

I'm pretty :up: with directions and using landmarks and stuff. Helps in cross-country driving!

Bunny
06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I have never been lost. No matter where I go.

Vermachtnis
06-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Terrible I get lost too easily. Once when pulling outta of Wal*Mart I had to go right to get to Sonic, of course I went left.

Peegee
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I roll initiative to fight the grue.

Miriel
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I have never been lost. No matter where I go.

Haha. I get lost, everywhere I go.

Randgris
06-11-2008, 05:40 PM
My memory retention usually range from a few seconds to a few days. It really depends on the place. I can familiarize myself with places. If in any case I do get lost, I just need to look up (and hopefully see a landmark like a tall building or a water tank)

But if I would go into a forest, I would probably get lost (without compass)

rubah
06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
d20 4, peegies.

The grue has an initiative of 20.

It approaches.

capricious
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm -very- bad with directions. :cry: I don't even know my way round in this tiny town. :eep: I always get worried going into a city by myself.. I get worried going on a train cause I might take the wrong one. lol I always have to rely on someone... :(

Caraliz
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
i am always lost, i am sitting in front of my computer in my house and i am LOST

Evastio
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
It takes me a while to find my way around places. It's probably because I'm slow-minded.

Peegee
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Crap.

I take five steps back and get in a defensive stance.

Old Manus
06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I've lived in this house for 10 years and I still never remember which drawer the cutlery is in

Tasura
06-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I've got no sense of direction at all, I get lost in my hometown, and even more so in the city where my uni is, I don't know how many times I've taken the wrong bus or gotten off at the wrong stop and had to walk back to campus >_<.

Deborah
06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I always remember places I've been, helping me a lot with directions, usually if I've driven somewhere once I can find my way back. If only I had this memory with the things that truly matter. :reverie:

Breine
06-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I guess I'm pretty normal when it comes to finding my way around. I rarely get lost, but when I finally do I'm usually really lost.

smittenkitten
06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
I never got me and BoB lost the first time we met. :D... :shifty: I think I do ok, but I don't really know if I'm good at it or not. I'm good when I'm in my own neighbourhood because I know it like the back of my hand.

The Unknown Guru
06-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Epic title reference. :up:

I'm really good with directions, so I'm always stuck as navigator on road trips and stuff. I can point north at least 50% of the time, no matter where I am.

theundeadhero
06-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Put me in the middle of the woods with a map that has elevation lines on it and I'll find my way out, easy.

rubah
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm really good with directions, so I'm always stuck as navigator on road trips and stuff. I can point north at least 50% of the time, no matter where I am.

what if you're at the north pole?

Blue Harvest
06-11-2008, 11:50 PM
He points as he spins around until he gets dizzy and passes out.

The Unknown Guru
06-12-2008, 12:51 AM

what if you're at the north pole?

Half the time I point some random direction, half the time MY HEAD A SPLODE.

Jess
06-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I have no sense of direction. I don't even know everywhere in town and I've lived here for 12 years (and it's not big).

I really need a sat nav so I can drive to places and not get lost! :jess:

Jojee
06-12-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm absolutely terrible with directions :p My parents MADE me get a GPS because they thought I'd die if I didn't.

Relapse
06-12-2008, 07:26 AM
i'm kinda good. but also partly due to the fact that its so damn easy to get around in here. i mean, if i get lost, all i have to do is to get on a random bus, which will, more often than not, be near a train station, then just take the train to my town and walk home. its real simple.

BUT. i'll probably do real badly in another country with a different system. so in fact, i AM lousy in directions.

rubah
06-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Part of being able to navigate is looking at a map and making a note of the relative size and scale of places. another part is always being able to do the triangulation in your head of where you came from, regardless of how many turns you have made.

This is why I only get lost in NES games.

For example, I got lost my second day in france because I took the bus the opposite way, but I could tell i was definitely being lost because we were moving toward the A-36 we'd driven in on and my host parents the day before had not driven me toward there.

Heath
06-12-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty good with directions. I've had to stop and ask people for directions to places I've never been to if I don't have a map, but otherwise I'm usually okay.

Muhyo
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
I'll be honest: I REALLY SUCK. :down:

Yep. I remember at school a zoo excursion I went on. All my investigation partner and I had to do was go right to the crocodile area.
But no. We had to stare at the map and go left, even taking us through places that was staff only! (Of course we didn't think it was at the time) It took us about two and a half hours to get the the crocodile area. :up:

Rantz
06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Me and a friend were orienteering for a PE class and we managed to get off track and suddenly found ourselves having to cross an area overgrown with black thorns and stuff. I've never had as many scratches as I had after that.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm ok with directions but i dont mind getting lost when i have time. It feels like an adventure. Though usually when i need to get somewhere on time i'll find it.