PDA

View Full Version : House Season 4 Finale *Spoiler Warning*

Miriel
06-12-2008, 02:46 AM
I want to talk about the House 2 part season finale. I want to talk about it because it was AMAZING.

Amazing in that rip-your-heart-out-through-your-foot-and-stomp-on-it kind of way.

I cried like a billion tears. And I didn't even like Amber! I hated her. Thought she was horrible. And I don't particularly care that the character is dead, it's just the way she died and the impact it has on Wilson and House that crushed me. So sooo sad. ;_;

I though Season 4 was kinda lackluster. The newbie doctors just weren't doing anything for me. But the finale made up for it. SUCH A GOOD FINALE.

Tavrobel
06-12-2008, 02:51 AM
I actually liked the first part more than the second part. The whole running around thing with House and him breaking his brain (more than once) was gosu beyond words. Emo Guitar Hero Wannabe? Can do! It's quite unfortunate at the end where Wilson won't talk to House. I wonder how this will impact the next season; more specifically, who does everyone blame? Whoever gets blamed, or rather who everyone individually has on their blame list will define the interactions for the first few episodes.

On a deeper though, we know Answer Girl is supposed to Amber, but why does House form that image of a woman? Why not anything a little closer to Amber? The only hint he gets is the sap necklace, and Answer Girl doesn't even act like Amber. I have a personal idea that she, the form that House's subconscious took could possibly be related to House's attempted assassin in Season 2.

Miriel
06-12-2008, 03:03 AM
I think the Answer Girl took the form she did because it makes for good eye candy. Girl was seriously hot.

House: Wilson is gonna hate me.
Amber: You kind of deserve it.
House: He's my best friend.
Amber: I know. What now?
House: I stay here with you.
Amber: Get off the bus.
House: I can't.
Amber: Why not?
House: Because... because it doesn't hurt here. I don't want to be in pain. I don't want to be miserable. And I don't want him to hate me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/cry.gif

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I didn't watch much of the 4th season because the whole reason I was interested in House in the first place is because it was Sherlock Holmes with character development. House was crotchety and mean and miserable but he developed through his experiences. Then season 4 happened and it was all pop culture jokes, race jokes, sex jokes, jokes jokes jokes. We didn't learn anything even remotely interesting about the doctors he ended up sticking with, we didn't learn anything new about Foreman or Chase or Cameron even though they're all SUCH AWESOME characters, the cases were plain old mystery instead of being related to the doctor/characters and overall it was real soap opera-y.

But seeing Wilson with Amber after they woke her up. Seeing Wilson beg House to almost kill himself to save her. Seeing House actually do it ...

I learned so much about House in just a few minutes. I learned so much about his real capacity for love when he would rather die than have Wilson hate him, when he would rather die than have Wilson lose something that was important to him.

When I learned that House could love I got sucked in ALL OVER AGAIN.

So yeah. It was incredible.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Hard to fault. It was heartbreaking and truly awesome. And yeah what foa said, especially. When Wilson asked House to risk his life for Amber...

Rostum
06-12-2008, 05:40 AM
I agree with what has been said in this thread. I was starting to get a bit tired of season 4 but the finale blew me away.