PDA

View Full Version : Playlist Numbering System

Vermachtnis
06-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I have no idea if something like this exists or not and I've searched to no avail, but I thought I'd ask. Is there a program or a way to automatically number the music I move from my computer to my PSP? I mean when I put a new song in and want it near the top like say I want it on track 9 or something. Is there a way I can put it on track 9 and have the hundred or so songs after it go up a number with out me manually right clicking and renaming them 010>011>012 ect.

crono_logical
06-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure how a PSP appears to a PC when connected, but if it's like a big USB drive where you can see all the files on it in Windows Explorer, then foobar2000 can do this nicely, provided all your stuff is tagged correctly and you're willing to play about a bit with the titleformat script functions and bulk rename operations - basically you drop everything into a new playlist, order it the way you want by dragging the entries up/down (should be easy if most of it's already numbered or in order and you're just then adding a few more tracks), then you can tell the bulk rename option to include the playlist entry number at the start of the filename using something like:

<pre>$num(%list_index%,3). [%artist% - ][%album% - ][%performer% - ]%title%</pre>

(the 3 there says I want minimum 3 digits, e.g. 007, 048 etc.) Don't worry, you can save that string once you've tweaked it the way you want it to rename the files :p

If the songs aren't tagged properly though, you might end up getting the new number prefixed to the old filename instead of replacing :p

Doesn't the PSP read premade playlists and put the files in that order? :p