PDA

View Full Version : Microphone Conflict

aquatius
06-14-2008, 05:39 PM
My computer came with a mic built into the monitor. I used it and it was fine but I wanted a better one so I bought a dynamic external microphone. I can plug i t into the microphone jack fine, but the computer still records from the built in mic anyway.

The microphone is a Philips SBC MD110

rubah
06-14-2008, 05:51 PM
You can probably change this by right clicking the volume icon in your taskbar and selecting an input device in the properties there, but I don't have windows and I can't remember the exact way to do it x.x;

aquatius
06-14-2008, 06:01 PM
The only problem is that the input name for the built in mic is Microphone and there doesn't seem to be a seperate one for the microphone jack.

rubah
06-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmm. I know my old desktop had a microphone in the monitor, but it had its own plug to be plugged into the back of the case in the mic jack. Do you have two mic jacks? (I think I just had one, which was yellow x.x)

aquatius
06-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Well it said on other sites that the mic jack was pink and I've tried both the unused pink jacks I could find but neither worked. There are only 3 plugs coming out of my monitor and 2 are big, black beefy and important looking and the other is a thin white one which connects to a green jack.

rubah
06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
monitor plugs: power (big), connection to the cpu (big), mic (little). Unplug the little one and if it's the same shape as a normal mic plug, then just plug your microphone into there.

aquatius
06-14-2008, 06:46 PM
monitor plugs: power (big), connection to the cpu (big), mic (little). Unplug the little one and if it's the same shape as a normal mic plug, then just plug your microphone into there.
I tried that before but it just seemed to turn all the sound off.