PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica - Mid Season Finale (Freakin' omg!)

Miriel
06-14-2008, 06:26 PM
:eek:

Best episode, ever!

It was amazing. I totally predicted since like, Season 2, that the earth they would find would be an earth of the future, one that was pretty much devoid of civilization. But I had nooooooo idea that they would get to earth as soon as they did. I thought for sure that they would leave that for the last few episodes. But hot damn, I'm SO curious to see where they'll go from here. I mean seriously!

Tigh and Adama were brilliant in this episode. Saul Tigh has balls of steel! :p

I cried during the scene when everyone was cheering and hugging and all that good stuff. That scene had a serious impact given that this is what they've been working for, dying for, all this time. And I felt so happy for them (even while knowing that everything wasn't gonna be all peachy on earth). And then... sucker punch. Ugh. The look on their faces as they stared at a desolate nuclear wasteland of earth. It was like all their hopes and dreams had collapsed. And the music! The score for the episode was probably one of the best, during the entire run of the show.

Now we have to wait until 2009 to see how this story ends. :(

Germ Hamee
06-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I was so excited over everything going down that I couldn't keep still through the entire episode. That was pretty much what I expected the entire season to be in one single hour.

I was actually getting pretty annoyed with the show for awhile, because it was looking like they were going to spend the whole damn season stalling for all of this to happen. Now I'm just wondering where the hell are they going to go from here, and how is the final cylon going to weigh into it?

Argh, this is going to be the longest year ever. How do they get back to the island! What's going on on earth!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-14-2008, 11:43 PM
lol i was just about to make a thread on this (or find the one you made a while ago)! Finale was just crazy...edge of seat awesomeness lol! D'anna= Total Badass and shes awesome for it! I couldnt believe they found Earth so early...i had a really bad feeling after cause theres 10 episodes to go but woah....a totally amazing episode that kinda makes up the slow goings on midway through the season!

I cant believe we have to wait till 2009 for new episodes....They might as well have called that season 5!

ps. I really dont like Tori...shes like cylon badass wannabe lol!

XxSephirothxX
06-14-2008, 11:49 PM
It was kickass. I think this season has been fantastic with the exception of a slight oddness to some of the episodes I can't explain that well. But anyway, it was a great finale.

Honestly, I was expecting it to be a little more drastic. A ruined earth is a bit predictable. But man, I was fucking sure they were going to shoot Tigh out the airlock and that Starbuck was going to show up just a second too late.

The only two episodes I think I liked more than this one were Exodus, Part 2 and Crossroads, Part 2 from last season.

Del Murder
06-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Wow, a lot happened in one episode! There's still some loose ends to tie up, the other cylon fleet and the fifth final cylon, but I can't see 10 episodes of that. I wonder what's going to happen.

At least they are delivering. I like when TV shows deliver.

Miriel
06-15-2008, 02:52 AM
But man, I was smurfing sure they were going to shoot Tigh out the airlock and that Starbuck was going to show up just a second too late.

With any other show but BSG, I would've been comfortable in thinking that Tigh was gonna be just fine. But this is BSG, a show that started off with the mass murder of billions of people. And since it IS the last season, I was seriously afraid that they were gonna kill Tigh. That whole sequence with Kara running and Lee about to push the button was frakkin' tense as hell.

During the advanced screening and Q&A session for BSG that was held in Hollywood on Wednesday, Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin) said that the final episode (they have all read the script) ties back to the beginning of the series and that she found herself revisiting early episodes to see how all of the early clues fell into place. She said her excitement for us stemmed from knowing that we would all be doing the same thing after seeing that final episode.

Tricia Helfer said that when she read the final script, she felt “like somebody punched me in the stomach.” Helfer also said that the ending will compel fans to revisit the series’ beginning.

This all makes me believe that the ending to the show will somehow be a huge twist that follows along the "all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again" theme of the show. I'm thinking something like... the 13th colony (earth) was itself destroyed by a Cylon v. Human war. Or something crazy like that, that leads back to the earlier episodes. Or maybe Cylons were actually the ones living on Earth and it was the humans who destroyed them and their planet. Who knows!

Rekha Sharma (Tori) said about the final script:

"I just read the ending, and it's so F***ing beautiful ... at one point my heart was racing for about 10 pages, then for 10 pages I was crying. I was on the plane, and the person next to me probably thought I was insane. It's intense. It's a kind of resolution to all the storylines, but at the same time it's like life, life does go on."

Life goes on? Meaning what, that the Cylons/Humans finally manage to live together, but eventually end up going to war again? So the cycle continues. Arrghghg. So many possibilities!

XxSephirothxX
06-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Apparently there's a good chance the finale will be 3 hours long, making for an 11 hour 2009 season. And we may get another TV movie in the fall of this year.

Del Murder
06-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Wow, all those reactions to the series finale make it sound really good!

How is this a mid season if the next season starts next year?

What if the cylons are the humans and the humans are the cylons? Oh man this will be a mindsmurf.

Miriel
06-15-2008, 04:20 AM
Because the only reason why the rest of the season is being pushed back to next year was cause of the writer's strike. At one point, the show creators/writers were preparing to have the mid-season finale as the SERIES finale, if the writers strike wasn't resolved in time.

What if the cylons are the humans and the humans are the cylons? Oh man this will be a mindsmurf.
Yes, I seriously think there is gonna be some sort of twist like this.

XxSephirothxX
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Actually, Richard Hatch and Jamie Bamber made it known at Dragon-con in September 2007 that the season would be split into two halves, with the second half likely airing in 2009. It wasn't 100% definite, but it already looked like it was going to happen before the Writer's Strike even went into effect.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh my god that was... that was... oh my god I don't even know what to say. That might just have put BSG in my "Best TV Show Ever" position.

Miriel
06-15-2008, 05:11 AM
Actually, Richard Hatch and Jamie Bamber made it known at Dragon-con in September 2007 that the season would be split into two halves, with the second half likely airing in 2009. It wasn't 100% definite, but it already looked like it was going to happen before the Writer's Strike even went into effect.

I think it's completely unreasonable to ask fans to wait half a year to resume the season, and the only thing that makes it even slightly ok is the fact that the writer's strike was a big set back for them.

Just found this from TVGuide:

Speaking to TVGuide.com at a Wednesday-night screening of this week's episode, exec producer Ronald D. Moore explained that even though they are currently filming the series' final scenes, the none-too-small matters of editing, post-production and "seasonal scheduling" by Sci Fi Channel places the onset of the final slew of episodes at the start of 2009, at the earliest.

Ok, so they're actually in the process of filming the final scenes. Which means that there is literally no reason to push the rest of the season back until the beginning of 2009 AT THE EARLIEST, aside from Sci-Fi wanting to milk the show for all its worth, even if it means dragging it on endlessly.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Rekha Sharma (Tori) said about the final script:

"I just read the ending, and it's so F***ing beautiful ... at one point my heart was racing for about 10 pages, then for 10 pages I was crying. I was on the plane, and the person next to me probably thought I was insane. It's intense. It's a kind of resolution to all the storylines, but at the same time it's like life, life does go on."

Life goes on? Meaning what, that the Cylons/Humans finally manage to live together, but eventually end up going to war again? So the cycle continues. Arrghghg. So many possibilities!

Katie Sackhoff (sp?) said that and obviously im paraphrasing here the last thing you'll see her do is put her gun in her holster and ride on home! (...then again she also said she would die and that she was a cylon when season 3 started lol!)

Helfer also said that Edward James Olmos and Aaron Douglas cried when they read the final script....dang!

As for the wait...its obvious that they're milking it for whatever they can! and are they still making the Caprica spinoff...the prequel following Lee Adama's Grandpa?

XxSephirothxX
06-15-2008, 09:54 AM

I think it's completely unreasonable to ask fans to wait half a year to resume the season, and the only thing that makes it even slightly ok is the fact that the writer's strike was a big set back for them.
Yeah, it's pretty bogus. It was obviously a network decision. The Writer's Strike probably just made them look a little better, really. :p Richard Hatch is actually like, the biggest sci-fi nerd; it was pretty entertaining (and kind of sad) to hear him talk about how much he loves Battlestar, and how hard he was trying to fight to make the show go on another season or two. He didn't want the fourth to be the end of it, apparently. Hopefully he'll get to do something cool as Zarek before the show's over.