PDA

View Full Version : PG: "Crawling in my skin"

Peegee
06-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Dude

Tonight I spent a couple of hours at a karaoke club (the one with private rooms). The second one and second time I've ever been in. I tried to sing 'Creep' by Stone Temple Pilots and did pretty lousy. Then my brother's gf decided to pick some hilariously terribad songs (if you disagree....ehhh) like Linkin Park's (edit -_-) 'Crawling' (like the title implies). I had a lot of fun singing it when I wasn't laughing like a hyena at the lyrics.... xD

Anyway, I am reminded that I really need to practice singing. I can sing semi-well, I think, and just need practice to have better vocal range and etc.

I know a lot of EoFFers sing well, but do you also go to karaoke bars?

Citizen Bleys
06-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Not karaoke per se, since I think that karaoke is Japan's revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but back in the day when Tate played live music at the bar I go to in Riverview, every night I went there I'd get up on stage and sing a couple of Alice in Chains tunes and not get boo'd off the stage. Not that I really have the skill to pull off real singing (unless it's folk, like Barret's Privateers, Blackthorne's Jig, or Sonny's Dream), but everyone there except Tate was drinking, and Tate was just happy to get a chance to rest his voice.

There's a lot of fun to be had at events like that where you can cut loose and do http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif you'd never do sober and in front of sober people, and people will even think it's great. I still remember asking to dedicate Highway to Hell and the band agreed without asking who I was dedicating it to; I dedicated the song to Jesus Christ and that alone had the entire room roaring in laughter. Yeah, the joke's not all that funny, but the combination of the delivery, the audience, and the alcohol allowed fun to be had by all.

Breine
06-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Only when I'm drunk.

"Wake me up before you go-go!"

Blue Harvest
06-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I have never sang karaoke and I never will
Edit: The song is called 'Crawling' not 'In My Skin' :mad2:

[/Linkin Park fanboy]

scrumpleberry
06-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I cannot sing, and by extension cannot kareoke except for in a ridiculously large group.

Quindiana Jones
06-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh, good God, I wish there was a video of that PG! :laugh:

I can sing some songs really well. But overall I can't sing. But karaoke isn't made for singers. If anything, it's specifically designed for non-singers. :D

Old Manus
06-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I sing like a cat being strangled. I can rap though http://blog.meebo.com/skin/beta/img/emoticons/rapper.gif

Gogo
06-15-2008, 02:31 PM

[/Linkin Park fanboy]

i was gonna put that
nah, i have a dull drone of a singing voice. i know the pitch and everything, i just cant hit it xD

Blue Harvest
06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
[/Linkin Park fanboy]

i was gonna put that

Why, phantom! It's like we're the same person or something :jokey:

Tallulah
06-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm not falling for that one, Harvest. :p

I used to do karaoke a hell of a lot, though I don't really go to the bar in question any more. Too many bad experiences, plus I'm too cool for that place now. :p

Perhaps I'd better find a new watering hole...

Momiji
06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I hate my voice, and you'd have to get me pretty drunk to actually want to sing karaoke.

I don't drink either. xD

Blue Harvest
06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm not falling for that one, Harvest. :p

Can't blame me for trying :monster:

DK
06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sure there are enough members here who could testify that my voice is a crime against humanity, but doing Kareoke is still very amusing and a lot of fun. If i'm drunk then just forget about it. Well, actually it's usually me that forgets about it, and thank fuck for that 'cause the memories would probably make me kill myself. But yeah it's awesome http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/wacky.gif

41-Inches-Wide
06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I love karaoke! It's one of the things I look forward to every weekend. I don't have a singing voice at all but it's all good fun since my friends are not recording artists themselves anyway.

We're all in it for the extra dance-alongs. :kaoclove:

Captain Maxx Power
06-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I will sing, dance and often get naked whilst completely sober.

Blue Harvest
06-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Maxx, we have to hang out sometime :D

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Hmm, I should start up another round of EoFF karaoke after the ciddies. Maybe.

I've never done for real karaoke. Unless Rock Band counts xD

scrumpleberry
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Hmm, I should start up another round of EoFF karaoke after the ciddies. Maybe.

I've never done for real karaoke. Unless Rock Band counts xD

You must you must~! We had loads of great ideas at the end of the last thread.

Blue Harvest
06-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Yay more karaoke! And I have an excuse for not participating next time - my mic broke!

Peegee
06-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I have yet to figure out why my computer mic doesn't work. So I'm saved

crawlllling in my skin

these wounds they will not heal

Jessweeee♪
06-16-2008, 02:57 AM
PG you better post a recording of you singing Crawling! A kitten will die every day until you do.

Peegee
06-16-2008, 03:11 AM
PG you better post a recording of you singing Crawling! A kitten will die every day until you do.

Never.

Jessweeee♪
06-16-2008, 03:11 AM
:kaocry:

Peegee
06-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Those kittens are on your conscience until you fix my mic

Jessweeee♪
06-16-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm not the one killing them, I'm just warning you :(

Peegee
06-16-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm not the one killing them, I'm just warning you :(

Well you know about something bad happening and you're blaming me instead of doing something about it.

I also tried to sing 'Numb'. That's also jokes.

Kirobaito
06-16-2008, 04:11 AM
I've done karaoke, but not in about 3 years. After I started playing guitar all hardcoreliek, I grew accustomed to singing to my own accompaniment. Every Saturday night, I go to a local coffeehouse and play a 15-minute set for Open Mic Night, but that is the closest to karaoke that I still do.