PDA

View Full Version : Leblanc Matrix

BG-57
06-16-2008, 12:03 AM
As I mentioned in this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-2/88864-inspiration-leblanc-spoilers.html) I'm interested in tracing the progenators of Leblanc and her flunkies. The other day I found a copy of the Time Bokan special and finally got to see the Doronjo gang in action, albeit in a truncated form.

Now that I've seen the original anime form of this type of comedic villainess, I was inspired to plot all the differences and similarities between the various incarnations in a table. Why? It amuses me. Plus, I like tables. :D

Several things strike me right away:

1) The fanservice moments that these characters seem to share definately began with Doronjo.

2) The anime versions usually build mecha of some kind but Leblanc dropped this skill.

3) The master of disguise abilities seem to have come later, starting with the Crimson Scorpion.

4) I haven't seen the rest of Time Bokan but it seems that starting with Grandis, there was always a handsome if emotionally distant man that they would get a hopeless crush on.

5) Although usually arrogant and bullying there is a scene where they become strangely domestic.