PDA

View Full Version : Oh, work ^.^

Jojee
06-16-2008, 02:37 PM
So like, I'm the assistant for this guy who's the director of something or other in the Dept of Ag, and lately I'm on this project where I enter all of his publications (he has like, 700 xD) into Endnote, so I sit at a computer all day~ Meaning I browse EoFF with Bawb's simplified theme way more often than I should. xD I'll be sad when I'm done with this project in a week or so and have to go back to non-computery stuff.

How do you waste your time at work? :p

Levian
06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Today I've solved a dozen puzzles at puzzles.com. I've organized some speeches, voted for the ciddies, looked at auctions for wii games and browsed eoff and facebook. I like this job. I don't even have to hide what I'm doing as I do everything I'm supposed to do.

Freya
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I read books....

Jojee
06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
How the heck do you not have time for mafia then? :p

Breine
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
There's not a computer available at my teaching job, so I don't spend time online there. But, I also work as a service assistant at a sports centre, and whenever I'm there on my own there's usually a lot of time to spare... and so I either spend time online or watch TV and eat candy/french fries in the cafeteria :bigsmile: Sooooo nice.

Peegee
06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I surf EoFF and other forums and sometimes I take upon projects that consume my life. Like the EoFF meetup, where I happily became the coordinator for. Or when I visit home and I'm like 'let's do this' and drag everybody screaming to do stuff that ends up to be a blast. Wait I'm going off topic.

Basically I find distractions that take between an hour to two hours so that I can survive the drudgery of work. OMG it's only been an hour half save me!

rubah
06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
at whatta-burger, time wasting was generally delegated to a) using more time than necessary to get buckets of ice, b) obsessively cleaning the counter c) making sure there were waaaaaaaaaaaay enough cups, d) coming in after a 40 minute dinner break instead of 30 minutes.

we didn't have much time to waste.

Balzac
06-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Play my guitar and talk to Skt in irc.

Tallulah
06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Read news websites, namely BBC and the Daily Mail. We're not allowed to look at politically offensive material, so the latter is borderline! :p

Levian
06-16-2008, 07:28 PM
How the heck do you not have time for mafia then? :p

that was my other work, where I don't have internet. Luckily I'm done with that job now.

Avarice-ness
06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't work now, 'cause I'm planning to be a stay at home mommy~

But when I did work, I always drew on receipt paper. Sometimes I would be so into drawing on the receipt paper I would forget I was at work.

Raistlin
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
On some days I'm able to browse GHF and EoFF and certain blogs, as well as checking Fark. Basically I can surf the net for a good part of the day. I'd like this job a lot more if I got home before 7.

Jess
06-17-2008, 12:11 AM
I basically waste time by chatting to friends who are in the nightclub that night/chatting to other staff/singing and dancing around and cleaning the bar. :jess:

DMKA
06-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Talk to some silly girl named Carmen. No internets at work. ;_;