PDA

View Full Version : What next?

NegaSoza
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
So... I just finished Crisis Core. I thought it was an excellent game, with a great ending. I really liked the effect during the final fight where Zack's DMW started going nucking futs, and the final DMW reel being Aerith.

But then I got to thinking, and came up with a few questions. A few about the future of The Compilation of FFVII, and a few questions that can already be answered.

1. Where do you think The Compilation will go next? Obivously, there will most likely be a sequel, since the events at the end of DoC, where Genesis revealed himself talking to Weiss in the secret ending. But, I remembered something I read a while back. Do y'all think it would be possible to have a FFVII prequel, back when Jenova first came to Gaia? It could more in depth into the background of the Ancients.

2. This one is a big spoiler. We know that FFX and FFVII are linked, via Shinra, and the fact that the Farplane and Pyre Flies are the same as the lifestream. But as they're placed thousands of years apart. But anyway. Eventually, Shinra's descendants were able to conduct ventures into space. And his descendants landed on Gaia. Does this make the people of Spira Gaia's Ancients? But IMPO, if SqueEnix did do something like this, although its far fetched, I wouldn't want some main character of FFVII being a descendant of Tidus, or some other main character from FFX. If I missed something here, or incorrectly stated something, please correct me.

3. What is the time span between the end of Crisis Core, and the beginning of Final Fantasy VII? Is it directly after it, a few days, months, what?

4. This one is also a spoiler, talking about the end of FFVII and Advent Children. Is Sephiroth truly gone? Jenova's head is gone, and Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo are dead, asorbed back into the lifestream. But, the end of FFVII stated that Sephiroth's spirit was destroyed, and he still came back. So I'm a bit shaky about whether Sephiroth is gone or not.

5. Would you agree with me if I said a remake of FFVII is almost necessary? With all the events and people and shtuff that happened in CC, a remake would cover up the holes created. Oh and, after seeing the relationship between Zack and Cloud in CC, that'd be another reason to remake it, albeit a small one. In FFVII, Cloud didn't seem to have any emotions towards anything that happened to Zack after that flashbacks. And with the end of CC, it seems that Zack left a pretty BIG impression on Cloud.

Hambone
06-17-2008, 12:51 AM
I like this thread.

1. I don't really know. I think the compilation could go any way at this point.

2. I don't think FFVII and FFX are related at all. The Shinra in FFX(2) was merely an easter egg and the pyreflies and lifestream don't really have a connection the way I look at it. Their purposes were different.

3. 5 years??? Let's see...Cloud's 16 when he meets Sephiroth and all that jazz and he's 21 during the events of FFVII.

4. Sephiroth states in Advent Children that he'll never be gone. Perhaps he was serious. I don't know. I saw the movie like 2 years ago, I'm not very clear on the whole Jenova head and all that.

5. YES.

Avarice-ness
06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
If they keep making sequels, prequels and spin offs... I'll just want to hold a bet to see when they stop.
There are even some massive FF7 fans who don't even want to play all the sequels/spinoffs/prequels because there are those little things that don't make sense when compared to FF7. (Like you said, with the ending with Zack and Cloud Versus FF7 Cloud)
I think at this point, an FF7 remake would... just not be FF7.
Eventually it'll get to a point where the fans will want Squeenix to stop killing the original.

NegaSoza
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
2. I don't think FFVII and FFX are related at all. The Shinra in FFX(2) was merely an easter egg and the pyreflies and lifestream don't really have a connection the way I look at it. Their purposes were different.

Not bashing ya or anything Hambone, but Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase, who were the scenario writer and producer, respectively, confirmed in interviews that the child named Shinra in FFX-2 is the ancestor of the people that left Spira and landed on Gaia, and created the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company.
You can find these interviews in the FFX-2 Ultimania Guide.

But as I'm trying to find the info about the lifestream and the Farplane, the only connection I'm seeing is that both condense to form physical objects, (Materia and Spheres) both can be harvested as an energy source, (Or so Shinra thinks in FFX-2) and, as stated above, the main harvester of mako in FFVII is the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company, and Shinra in FFX-2 has theories about the Farplane being harvested as an energy source. So, I may be wrong about the Farplane being the same as the lifestream.

But as I'm typing this, my mind keeps going back to one of my initial questions, is it possible the Spirans who left Spira and ended up on Gaia are the Ancients that are discussed in FFVII? I may be wrong, but in FFVII, doesn't it say the Ancients were nomads who traveled to different planets?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. :cool:

Relapse
06-17-2008, 03:30 AM
1. many things. a game/movie (but not so much movie) about genesis, weiss, jenova, etc. many things are possible.

2. never played x before so i have no idea.

3. it says here (http://www.princessartemis.com/documents/time.html) that vii starts days after zack dies, but i don't think so. i'll go check somemore.

EDIT: got it. this (http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/enc_timeline.shtml) site says vii does start days after zack is killed.

4. he'll probably never be gone as said by hambone, since he can kinda come back from the lifestream as long as he has a 'host' with jenova cells (like kadaj). so he'll probably never be gone.

5. it IS kinda necessary but i'm not really sure that square'll make one though. they'll probably just make side-games to explain every single missing area.