PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass

Flying Mullet
06-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I was watching <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaY7Iyfy4Po">this video</a> where some guys keep trying to one-up each other in regards to how much abuse they can take from fire ants until one dumbass sticks his face in a fire ant hill for ten seconds. I'm in utter awe at his stupidity and saying, "What a dumbass" to myself. Then I remembered that I haven't always had the most sound judgment in decisions I've made in the past either.

Have you ever done something that seemed fun, funny or alright at the time or you got caught up in the moment and now you think, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Goldenboko
06-16-2008, 11:28 PM
...wtf!?!

Balzac
06-16-2008, 11:28 PM
No, never.

Namelessfengir
06-16-2008, 11:40 PM
ive become desensitized to others pain. i see someone doing something stupid and they get hurt i think "you earned it moron"

Roto13
06-17-2008, 02:11 AM
Not really.

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Not since I was just too little to know better...I think I'm at the age where people usually do the stupid things this topic is about :p

Rye
06-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Basically, anything that involves speeding. It's exciting when it happens, but after, I'm like "What the hell, I could have hurt myself!"

DK
06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah, Raistlin.

fix'd
Not nice, jerkface. -- foa

DMKA
06-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Yeah. R rated though.

Vyk
06-17-2008, 03:08 AM
I usually enjoy watching darwinism at work in humans. I don't do many stupid regrettable things. Though I regret not living a little. Sometimes I entertain myself a little morbidly with my extreme polar opposite. Not stuff I'd do myself. And I have no idea why they'd do it. But sometimes its stupidly funny to watch. And glad I don't experience their pain. Though I used to have a pretty high pain threshold

Hmm... Now that I think about it. There were a few things when I was really young that I could have easily -really- regretted. I got in a BB gun fight with someone and got nailed on the bone between my right eye and right temple. Lucked out pretty good there. Left a nice welt. I'm sure it could have easily penetrated my eye

Years before that I thought it would be cool to catch an arrow. But knew it'd be almost impossible to snag one in flight right at me (recently proved by Myth Busters). I figured it'd be easier grabbing one out of free fall. And had a friend fire it straight up in the air and got under and was gonna grab it on the way down. Lets just say those things don't just float down. And I wound up with a scar above my nose. Again, insanely lucky. My poor eyes. I used to put them so at risk...

Vermachtnis
06-17-2008, 03:15 AM
I was hoping from the title I'd have the best story, but my dumbassidness comes from poor planning. I have never done something to cause myself or anyone else pain, on purpose. And I certainly won't try again when it fails.

Like this one time I was in tree and thought it would it be awesome jump to another tree. And of course I thought I could make it. But I didn't and I failed hard. Yes I meant failed instead of fell.

Fonzie
06-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Being bored has dire consequences.

Bunny
06-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Car surfing while my friend was driving at upwards of 50-60 mph was probably the most idiotic thing I have done in my life.

That or playing chicken with aforementioned friend in aforementioned car while I was on foot.

Peegee
06-17-2008, 05:45 AM
I am surprised, utterly surprised that I have no stories to contribute.

Whenever I get that drunk or stupid, I black out. So that could be why.

Meow
06-17-2008, 06:00 AM
when I meet a man with a face full of fire ant welts I know I am meeting a man of opportunities

Clouded Sky
06-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Haha. That kid was silly.

I only have probably one of those stories, and I couldn't remember it if I wanted to tell you. :)