PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts? meh...

Flying Mullet
06-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't know why, but every time I play Kingdom Hearts, I make it through Alice's level and then I lose interest. I've started new games three or four times and the same thing happens to me every time. I remember starting Tarzan's world one time and I got so bored wandering around in the jungle that I turned it off and never came back.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there some part of the game that opens up, some mini-game, or something else that should get me back into it? Has this even happened to anyone else with this game?

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah...I'm not a fan of the first few worlds. The gameplay saved me, though xD

FFVIFan
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't know why, but every time I play Kingdom Hearts, I make it through Alice's level and then I lose interest. I've started new games three or four times and the same thing happens to me every time. I remember starting Tarzan's world one time and I got so bored wandering around in the jungle that I turned it off and never came back.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there some part of the game that opens up, some mini-game, or something else that should get me back into it? Has this even happened to anyone else with this game?

Well, if you already beat the game its pretty obvious that its boring. Also, KHII is a lot more exiting since it's gameplay has more combos.

Fonzie
06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I replayed the first one about a week ago, and it's just not the same as it was when I was 12.

Kenshin IV
06-18-2008, 06:39 AM
You don't have to be 12 to love good things.

Story-wise, it does drag a bit in the mid-section, but the final third of the game is amazing. A lot of what got me through it was my Disney fanboyness. It's a Square-made Disney game the same way Mario RPG was a Square-made Mario game. If you don't have a love for the characters, you might as well skip it.

blackmage_nuke
06-18-2008, 02:03 PM
You dont have to be 12 but it helps.

I guess you sort of have to force yourself to play to get to the not-so boring bits. Like you have to force your way through a prologue. Obviously repeating the same first hours will get boring.

Kenshin IV
06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
You keep thinking that, champ. Most M-rated titles are more juvenile than Kingdom Hearts.

I swear, target demographic is the most overrated thing ever.

Fonzie
06-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I swear, that when I was younger, it appealed to me more. Now that I've played it through again at my current age, I experience a whole lot of "meh".

Depression Moon
06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
The game is still good in my opinion. There is a mini game in Tarzan's world . You jump down a tree bark and it's a sliding game, nothign real specatcular about it, but I think you can get an orichalum from playing it.

Nifleheim7
06-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Most M-rated titles are more juvenile than Kingdom Hearts.

Truth!
Personally i got bored many times through it but i was glad that i continued until i finished it.It took me a while though...
The worlds get more interesting later in the game.

Dynast-Kid
06-19-2008, 07:26 AM
The best advice to give is to just keep playing through, Mulley! Like others have said, the worlds get alot more interesting and fun as you progress. The latter worlds are the best and most interesting! And you'd definitely want to beat the game before picking up KH2, which is alot more fun and engaging (after the Roxas part)!

Also, the optional bosses are pretty challenging! I've never beaten KHI Sephiroth, or the Phantom boss! ;_;

I replayed the first one about a week ago, and it's just not the same as it was when I was 12.

Especially after playing through Kingdom Hearts 2.

Polaris
06-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I am currently playing KH and FF12 and I am in the Tarzan World andI found it so boring! ;_; My boyfriend told me it would get better but I don't know! The fact that u had to kill the leopard over and over and over again and have to find monkeys -.-" Geez! I enjoyed the beginning but the Alice world and Tarzan... meh!

Flying Mullet
06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I am currently playing KH and FF12 and I am in the Tarzan World andI found it so boring! ;_; My boyfriend told me it would get better but I don't know! The fact that u had to kill the leopard over and over and over again and have to find monkeys -.-" Geez! I enjoyed the beginning but the Alice world and Tarzan... meh!
This is my exact experience.

Fonzie
06-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Tarzan's world, Wonderland, and Agrabah are my most hated worlds in the first game. Just so damn annoying to go through.

Slothy
06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
The best advice to give is to just keep playing through, Mulley! Like others have said, the worlds get alot more interesting and fun as you progress. The latter worlds are the best and most interesting! And you'd definitely want to beat the game before picking up KH2, which is alot more fun and engaging (after the Roxas part)!

The Roxas part was the only thing I thought really stood out in the second game. Everything else was like a stripped down version of the first game. Smaller worlds, less to explore. The combat had more features but I used them so little they might as well not have been there at all. And unlike everyone else, I'm going to venture a guess that if you don't like the first few worlds, you're not going to like the later stuff much more. And if you don't like the combat then you won't like it through the rest of the game because it doesn't change a whole lot.

The story does get better, but it sounds like you're bored of everything in general, and if you aren't interested in wandering around the worlds or the combat then the story might not pull you in enough later to make up for it.

Marshall Banana
06-20-2008, 06:53 PM
This is my exact experience.
Check out Jane's panties! :bowpanties:

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Tarzan's world is my least favorite probably S:

I was all WOO THIS IS COOL until I got to the gummi ship, then I was like Oh...we'll I'm sure it'll be kewl again after I get through these worlds here...and it was. That bit in between wasn't so good S:

It would help if I were a Disney fan xD

Rye
12-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Tarzan's Jungle and Alice's level were a bit of a turn-off for me too, but I feel like once you get to that Peter Pan level, it really gets good, for me at least. :jess:

arcanedude34
12-12-2008, 09:43 PM
The following worlds are boring to me: Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Monstro, and Atlantica. If you make it past those four, the game is amazing.

Surprisingly enough, playing through for the first time in years recently, I enjoyed Wonderland and Deep Jungle because it's easier to know what's going on in those two when you have a better attention span thatn I did all those years ago.

Flying Mullet
12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Let this poor thread lie in peace. :(