PDA

View Full Version : A few years too early

Flying Mullet
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I was just thinking about how this game is a lot better with multiple people instead of playing with yourself (not the diddling variety). This game would have been so much more fun had it offered online support so you could play with various folks from around the globe. And diddle if that's your cup of tea.

ljkkjlcm9
06-17-2008, 05:30 PM
yes and no.... the biggest problem was the whole miasma thing. I love the DS crystal chronicles game, and still play it, despite having no one to play it with.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
That definitely would have made things more practical. No need for four GBAs. I probably wouldn't have played it online, though. xP

Heath
07-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I'd agree with you. The GBA system was simply irritating and I know I only played the game with three other people on one occasion. If it had just been with normal controllers, it would've been better. I also think online play would've made it more accessible to casual gamers and the like. The way you could have different races would've lent itself quite nicely to an online game too. I did enjoy FF:CC as it was, but certainly not as much as I could've done and it was - by and large - a slight let down, I think.

Bastian
08-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I was pretty dedicated. After we (two of my friends and I) finished playing Secret of Mana as three player, I bought us another GBA so we'd have enough to play FF:CC all the way through. It was awesome!

Mana and FF:CC games are NOT ment to be played solo. The fun lies in the mutliplay.

Roogle
08-26-2008, 06:58 PM
The Crystal Chronicles series will only see limited success until Square Enix embraces online cooperative play.

scrumpleberry
08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Would have been so much better if you hadn't have to have GBA's and connection cords to play. What on earth was wrong with a couple of bloody controllers???

Bastian
08-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Well . . . I'm of two minds regarding the GBAs . . .

Con: each friend HAS to have a GBA or you have to buy them one to play (personal experience) which gets (got) expensive.

Pro: cleans up potential screen clutter. How else could you have done the moogle mail and end-of-level stuff?

My two friends and I grumbled constantly about how we hated the idea of having to use them . . . but all three of us admitted by end of the game that pros outweighed the cons. :/

ReloadPsi
08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
With a player constantly ambling around with the chalice over their head, I imagine multiplayer would be very slow, online or offline.

So no thanks.

Bastian
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
With a player constantly ambling around with the chalice over their head, I imagine multiplayer would be very slow, online or offline.

So no thanks.

Actually, the Chalice holder moves only slightly slower than a free character (which doesn't make much logical sense, but that's okay). It was seldom an issue.

However, I'm not one for online play.The only fun in these sorts of games is gathering your like-minded friends together once a week until you finish the game.

erikramza
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I played this game while binge drinking one summer, about 5 years ago (yes, I was 16...) with three of my good friends (also binge drinking). It was an amazing time.
I was some kind of magician named JewNig. No. - Mulley

I don't know if I would have messed with online play since I had three others always down to play.