PDA

View Full Version : Summer sitcom help

Flying Mullet
06-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Over the summer, my wife and I usually record a sitcom on cable to play later in the background while we do chores and while we eat dinner occasionally. We've worked through <i>That 70s Show</i>, <i>3rd Rock</i>, <i>Everybody Loves Raymond</i> and <i>King of Queens</i> over the last couple of years and we're about ready for another one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

p.s. If it's not on expanded American cable I'm not interested as we can't record it. No, not even that one, which we can stream from our computer to our TV. No, especially not that one. :p

Shoeberto
06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Seinfeld is always classic, though I don't know any cable stations running it in syndication at the moment. You might check your local channels.

Reading this thread makes me realize how long it's been since I've watched sitcoms xD

Heath
06-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Frasier or Cheers are usually worth a watch; two of the few American sitcoms I like. No idea if they're being shown on American telly.

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Golden Girls, Fraiser and Will & Grace are all on Lifetime in the mornings and waaay late at night and they all had pretty long runs. TBS and TNT and FX do some too, I think, but I'm not sure what they are.

Miriel
06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
The Boyfriend loves Two and a Half Men. I started watching it cause he likes it, and it's actually pretty funny. Lots of sexual innuendo. I think it's definitely a more clever sort of sitcom than Raymond or Queens.

Does it have to be a sitcom?

Flying Mullet
06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
<i>Two and Half Men</i> and <i>How I Met Your Mother</i> are our current Monday night lineup when there are new episodes. I don't remember the earlier seasons of <i>Two and a Half Men</i> so that's something we might check out. I also forgot to add <i>Cheers</i>, <i>The Cosby Show</i> and <i>The Golden Girls</i>to the list of shows we used to watch. Man, we really chewed through a lot of older shows.

It doesn't have to be a sitcom but we like them for background activity when we're doing things around the house because it's easy to tune in and tune out.

Vermachtnis
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Friends, Yes, Dear, Just Shoot Me, I dunno how your recorder thing works, but leave it on TBS from 2 to 8 will get you good sitcoms. That's what my TV is on when I'm not playing games. There's My Name is Earl, The Office, Big Bang Theory on different stations past eight.

Breine
06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Golden Girls, Fraiser and Will & Grace are all on Lifetime in the mornings and waaay late at night and they all had pretty long runs. TBS and TNT and FX do some too, I think, but I'm not sure what they are.

Will & Grace ftw. Also, Friends is always great.