PDA

View Full Version : Music that makes you....WALK

snacks
06-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Inspired by the other thread about music and pumping, what music do you walk to? I'm having a hard time deciding if listening to Sufjan and or Iron and Wine is a good idea.

So far I've thought of, Thursday, Daft Punk, and that's it.

Flying Mullet
06-17-2008, 09:45 PM
No music really makes me want to walk, per say. But there is music that makes good traveling music, whether it be walking, driving, riding on a bus, etc... Will that work? If that's the case I find Dire Straits and Tom Petty to fit the bill nicely.

Breine
06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Iron & Wine is amazing music. I don't know if it's good walking music, though? xD

Sergeant Hartman
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve :cool:

snacks
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve :cool:

Actually yeah, just the video alone reminds me of walking around.

Bunny
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Just about anything from Danko Jones. His music makes me feel lazy if I'm sitting down while listening to it.

Balzac
06-18-2008, 12:02 AM
The new Weezer album. I stuck it on just before I left you in irc and it was ace.

CloudSquallandZidane
06-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Rap music is the most hyping for me, but if you're not into rap then maybe try

Dropkick Murphy - I'm Shipping up to Boston

That song will get your blood pumping =)

Kuroshima
06-18-2008, 11:28 PM
USaully I walk to either Technically Alive by Exit Ten or Hail Destroyer byu Cancer Bats.. DUnno why, they just help me walk?

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
All music!

I can't just sit and listen to music.

I have to do something or be moving. It's annoying when the car is going and stopping while I'm listening >.<

Caraliz
06-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Try something ambient? Helios or Amiina or something.

Or umm... I dunno The Shins. :love:

Big D
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't generally walk to music, but something funky like Stayin' Alive is good for getting in the mood for some full-on walkin'.

The Watcher
06-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Personally, i like groovin down the street with good ol ZZ Top.
Especially to Sharp Dressed Man.

Balzac
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Tim and Eric. You know it to be true.

Heath
06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I tend to listen to the radio when on the journey to or from work - on the train or walking - so I suppose The Today Programme and PM are what I listen to, but they're not music! I listen to pretty much all the tracks I have on my phone's tiny memory card. So that ranges from Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), to Holst's Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity and Venus, Bringer of Peace to the Brawl version of Mute City and the piano version of Blue Fields. Yes.

Dynast-Kid
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
When I saw this thread title, I read it as: "Music that makes you...WANK" xDDD

Anything from Earth, Wind, and Fire makes me want to get up and go! It's funkay! :monster:

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't walk, I strut.

I tend to listen to the radio when on the journey to or from work - on the train or walking - so I suppose The Today Programme and PM are what I listen to, but they're not music! I listen to pretty much all the tracks I have on my phone's tiny memory card. So that ranges from Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), to Holst's Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity and Venus, Bringer of Peace to the Brawl version of Mute City and the piano version of Blue Fields. Yes.

You're awesome.

Sergeant Hartman
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Anything from Earth, Wind, and Fire makes me want to get up and go! It's funkay! :monster:
Lets groove tonight!

Dynast-Kid
06-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Lets groove tonight!

OMG YEAH! Dance party!!!

September, or Boogie Wonderland??

Sergeant Hartman
06-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Lets groove tonight!

OMG YEAH! Dance party!!!

See my location.

Dynast-Kid
06-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Lets groove tonight!

OMG YEAH! Dance party!!!

See my location.

:bigsmile:

You say your prayers,
though you don't care.
You dance and shake the hurt....
DANCE! Boogie Wonderland!
Uh! Uh! DANCE! Boogie Wonderlaaaand~~~

Hartman, I have a newfound respect for you! xD

Sergeant Hartman