PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Online Survey

Shobida
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Im doing a Survey on What Feature's would attract Players to a Final Fantasy Online Game (Note: this Is Not Specifically Applied to Final Fantasy XI Online but a FFO in General) as a Final Fantasy Community What would attract you to a Final Fantasy Online Game.

Please be Specific, Well Defined Features may Potentially be added to a Petition for Use.

Thank you for Your Time.
Shobida Shinjo

Rantz
06-18-2008, 01:11 PM
No fee. :)

Flying Mullet
06-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Hard to argue this point.

Psychotic
06-18-2008, 02:33 PM
This thread is probably better suited to General FF. ;)

Karellen
06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
The biggest thing that's kept me away from FFXI is the amount of time you have to sink into it to get anywhere. If I could play the game in 30 min-1 hour intervals and actually make some progress I would probably be more willing to give it a try. Also, being able to make said progress solo would be nice.

Goldenboko
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM

Yes. I played FFXI for a month, but then my parents told me they didn't want to pay for it. I offered, but remembered, crap, I don't have a credit card.

Bahamut2000X
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
What Karellen said.

Add in plenty of ways to interact with the environment/NPCs/PCs/Monsters/etc. And just over all add more flavor to the game and plenty of just stupid stuff to do in between all the plot lines and grinding.

Oh and make money something that's possible to get, especially if your a decent leveled crafter. :eep:

Flying Mullet
06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
And just over all add more flavor to the game and plenty of just stupid stuff to do in between all the plot lines and grinding.
Agreed. The more there is to do that breaks up the monotony of grinding, the better. Especially quests. More quests == less grinding == happy Mulley.

Bahamut2000X
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm not even talking about quests or what not (since a lot of the ones SE makes kind of suck or still require parties and have no reward that's worthwhile) but I'm talking just random stupid stuff, like the ability to jump on objects, dance, and over all more free end involvement with entertaining yourself or just goofing off with your friends around.

It was a really nice thing in WoW and entertained me and my buddies all the while when we didn't feel like grinding or questing. It's one of the only things I think WoW actually did right.

Shobida
06-19-2008, 06:35 PM
the Soloing and Completely Free movement of the Environment along with Specialty Features and Short Term Play Options have been added to the Petition.

as Gamers if an FFO Attempted to place a more Realistic Approach (as in No Hovering Player or NPC Names ) How would you except it if you had to find a Target threw a Mark on your Map and a Picture in your Inventory of your Target.

and my apologies i missed the General FF Area

Momiji
06-19-2008, 07:37 PM
No broken classes, more quests, less grinding, lots of classes, lots of equipment to play around with, lots of skills/techniques, obviously no fee, friendly GMs, no donation items/equipment, and lots of events.

:D

Shobida
06-20-2008, 03:24 AM
No broken classes, more quests, less grinding, lots of classes, lots of equipment to play around with, lots of skills/techniques, obviously no fee, friendly GMs, no donation items/equipment, and lots of events.

what do you mean by No broken classes and no donation items/equipment?

Goldenboko
06-20-2008, 03:36 AM
Although I don't know a lot about FFXI I know what broken is.

Let's say a WAR can do 432 damage max every say, 10 seconds.
BLU MAGE can do 102 damage max, every 20 seconds.
Then say a BLK MAGE can do 231 damage max, ever 30 seconds. Warrior is clearly superior to all the rest, thus the game's classes are "broken".

Bolivar
06-20-2008, 06:27 AM
This is just me, but what would appeal to me the most is if they found a really creative way to make it more like the series pre-XI rather than an adaptation of traditional mainstream MMORPG's. For example, when you joined a party of people you would get into battles together, with characters/enemies lined up, front/back row positioning would be changeable and important, and a command window would pop up whenever your ATB filled. Granted, that's some pretty novel stuff but I would really be into that.

Roto13
06-20-2008, 06:32 AM
The fee is really the thing that's keeping me from playing FF XI. I don't like the idea of paying for a game more than once. You even have to pay a fee to play the Xbox 360 version, on top of Xbox Live.

Momiji
06-20-2008, 07:00 AM

what do you mean by No broken classes and no donation items/equipment?

'Broken classes' are classes that are far better than the other ones, due to unbalanced skills and techniques.

Donation items/equipment are items and equipment the server owners give people who donate real money to the server. These items are usually overpowered and make the game unfair to other players.

Shobida
06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I understand now what you refer to as Broken Classes is the Same as what we refer to Alpha Classes.

Momiji
06-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes, in other words, classes that make other classes worthless due to being overpowered.

Dynast-Kid
06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Rich, detailed areas and lands to explore. I want my MMO to be bright, and vivid, with lots of different places to go and travel through. I was especially fond of how FFXII had that quasi-Arabian feeling, and if an FFO had lots of different locatons inspired by the real-world, I think alot of fans would like that, especially the culture geeks like me! For example, have a desert world inspired by the Persian Gulf and classical Arabian architecture. Or a savannah location inspired by Sub-Saharan Africa. Stuff like that. Also, I want the locations I explore to be LARGER THAN LIFE, and beyond reality!

Give the game lots of backstory and mythology. I used to be a Guild Wars junkie, and one thing that drew me to it was the interesting mythology of their gods and goddesses. An FFO with such a rich backstory would definitely catch my attention. And things like a Bestiary, with detailed descriptions of the enemies would be really neat!

Summons! Summons! Summons! I don't know if this is just me, but an FFO would have to feature lots of good Summons! The bigger and more dramatic, the better. Personally, I love the long summon animations and all of that. Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, Siren, Atomos, all those guys should be there, along with old and new ones.

Lots of character customization. It annoys me SO MUCH when a game only allows like, 3 different face models, and a choice of 1 hair style, out 12 or so. No. I want to be able to change skin color, facial shape, nose shape, hair color, LOTS of hair styles to choose from, and lots of creative freedom. I don't care how small the chance is that I find my virtual twin, the fact that I even have one makes me feel less unique already!

Visual changes with different weapons, armor, equipment, and enemies. I don't know if this is just me, but I hate when I find a piece of unique armor or a cool weapon that looks EXACTLY the same as others. I want VARIETY. I don't want my Mythril Sword to look the same as the Ultima Dagger, or the Mage Rod to look the same as the Healer Wand. I want unique weapon designs, and I want lots of them to see and encounter.

ALSO, no one likes when a new monster comes along that looks EXACTLY the same as another, but with a different colored sprite. That's not a Super Omega Fenrir Hound, that's a freaking Plains Wolf colored black. :nonono:

Also, if i'm playing an FFO, I want to feel a part of a community, to feel connected to other players. Lots of opportunities to interact and talk to other players would be awesome. And lots of events would be even better! Festivals, parades, tournaments and lots of bustling cities are what I want to see!

And I want to have Lots & Lots of Classes to choose from. Not the basic: Thief, Black Mage, White Mage, Knight, Monk setup. I want their to be lots of different classes with lots of abilities and weapons. Give me like, 30 character classes and i'll be a happy camper. :love:

And, most importantly...

NO FEE. :bigsmile:

PS- Yeah, I know, i'm opinionated. But if ya get all of that, you've got the perfect online game! xDDD

Shobida
06-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Well Dynast-Kid being Opinionated is what were Looking for.

Though Most of your Ideas were Already on the Petition we have added the Idea of Everything having a Back story or Mythology.

and Though everyone says No fee, Though that would be nice but a Game of Such Magnitude Requires it, just due to things such as Power cost for the servers, cost to having GM's there to Assist Troubled Players and to Deal with those Oh so Um... "Touchy" Players, the pay to have Programmers at hand to fix Bugs and Make Upgrades on a constant bases.

Dynast-Kid
06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Well Dynast-Kid being Opinionated is what were Looking for.

Though Most of your Ideas were Already on the Petition we have added the Idea of Everything having a Back story or Mythology.

and Though everyone says No fee, Though that would be nice but a Game of Such Magnitude Requires it, just due to things such as Power cost for the servers, cost to having GM's there to Assist Troubled Players and to Deal with those Oh so Um... "Touchy" Players, the pay to have Programmers at hand to fix Bugs and Make Upgrades on a constant bases.

Well, i'm glad I could help!

And it would be nice to have no fee! But I definitely see why it'd be necessary. Maybe you could have different fees? Like, a cheaper fee for those that just want to play the game, but maybe for a higher price you can throw in a bunch of extras and special features. But you guys have probably thought of all that...

You are from Square Enix, right??

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Regarding the broken classes, part of the problem is that the programmers always seem to underestimate the ingenuity and craftiness of their players so they never realize how broken some of the classes are until its too late. This is where patches come in.

I second a rich mythology and better options for solo play. I also would like more planned events and the ability to play as better FF races (like moogles). One of my biggest problems with XI for instance is the lack of imagination in the races. Had they been the Ivalice races I would have been much happier.

Overall, I think the two things I want most is 1) Heavy (but balanced) customization, cause I'm a stat junky and the idea that I can only build my character to a certain point is boring. I also want their to be better equipment options of customizing, so changing a few pieces of equipment can dramatically change my character's play style.

2) Good Interface. If I need a tutorial or a damn huge sheet of paper explaining what every little key command does just so I can function normally, I feel you have failed. This is my number one complaint against XI, is that the interface is daunting at time and I feel simple commands (like talking and attacking) are hindered by its clumsy interface. You need to simplify it and make it not so daunting. You should have the hang of the controls in a few hours not learning new things months after you started playing...

Dynast-Kid
06-21-2008, 01:34 AM
No i am not an Employee of Square Enix

Though the Reasoning Behind this Thread will be Publicly Released in Due Time, Currently looking at at least 2 Months if not Longer.

At this Time i cannot Release any Information on the Project, Though i will attempt to bring a First Look of the Petition to this Forum when we go Public.

This Forum was Chosen due to it being the First General Final Fantasy Forum that Was found and Currently Active.

Interesting...