PDA

View Full Version : Was thinking of Returning but...

Carl the Llama
06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
well ya see I was thinking of returning but I have a little issue before hand, it all boils down to the fact that I live in England and as such 90% of the people on the server are never online, so what im wondering is is there a server where most of the people from the EU play? that is by and large the only reason that springs to mind for me not to return, I do love FFXI but I hate the boring times where I just have to wait forever and a day for 1 party invite.

Citizen Bleys
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
It depends on your job. If you level paladin, ninja, or bard, you'll never want for invites. By the time the yanks go to bed, the Japanese are up. If you want to level Thief, on the other hand...well, take heart in the fact that people aren't passing you over because you're British, they're passing you over because you're a Thief.

(<-- THF75, levelled pretty much exclusively during JP hours :))

Carl the Llama
06-19-2008, 01:45 AM
what about WHM of DNC? I love DNC alot, and WHM is fun enough for me to want to play it. and once I got to 75 on either of those I fully intended to play as SMN.

Del Murder
06-19-2008, 02:24 AM
DNC will get groups at low levels, but I don't know about upper levels. WHMs will always be needed. The top 5 invite jobs are likely NIN PLD BRD RDM WHM.

Masamunemaster
06-19-2008, 02:39 AM
what about WHM of DNC? I love DNC alot, and WHM is fun enough for me to want to play it. and once I got to 75 on either of those I fully intended to play as SMN.

Just dont do like a dancer did in a party I was in one day...in the middle of a tough battle he was tanking n just started healing...which turned the aggro to me, a lvl 16 theif:(

Carl the Llama
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
when you say healing, do you mean that samba that restores your health? (cant remember the name)

Masamunemaster
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
the healing samba...aptly(w/e) named, he used it and it aggroed and killed everyone else...we got rid of him to say it shortly

Carl the Llama
06-19-2008, 11:32 AM
ok I must be missing somthing here, he used a move that caused his hits to heal himself and everyone died because of it? surely the DNC is meant to use his DNC moves? and also with that in mind isnt the tank supposed to keep the aggro or do you mean somthing else entirly?

Jimsour
06-20-2008, 02:15 AM
There are a lot of EU players on Ramuh but there is only really one end game linkshell, the rest of us join american linkshells and do our things that way, but there are quite a few social linkshells for EU players.

TBH its not a big deal, I mainly party with Japanese players during the day and do events with people who speak English at night. Japanese players are a lot more open minded about inviting unpopular jobs, whereas Americans will want a SAM/NIN/RDM wank fest.

For DNC, there arent a lot of people who have brought it beyond 37 but I'm lving my RDM again (71 and counting, been going on for years) and would rather party with a SCH than a DNC to help me main heal.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2008, 02:24 AM
well now iv been paid iv thrown some money at SE and am about to dl the update... hope it doesnt take too long lol.

Del Murder
06-20-2008, 02:25 AM
ok I must be missing somthing here, he used a move that caused his hits to heal himself and everyone died because of it? surely the DNC is meant to use his DNC moves? and also with that in mind isnt the tank supposed to keep the aggro or do you mean somthing else entirly?
Yeah I don't get it either. I can't see how a DNC using a healing move would lead to anyone else but himself getting killed, unless for some reason your party couldn't function without him.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2008, 02:27 AM
and stranger still is the fact that the healing move only works when you attack the monster (hence the Drain in the name) so he must have still be attacking (and as such doing his tanking duties).

Masamunemaster
06-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I dont honestly remeber what it was, but all I know is he was tanking, then he started to heal instead of letting the WHM do their stuff, and in turn left out party SOL

Lionx
06-20-2008, 07:42 PM
While the Sambas do definitely generate hate on its own(was duoing it last night with a friend), doing a dance wouldnt get someone aggro...if he did get aggro from a mob then the monster just normally sighted/heard him in the aggro radius/cone.

Other than that if he is at that level, doing Drain Samba only helps heal everyone, and if he was supposed to tank then healing himself for hate would be the right thing to do (kinda like PLD tanking).

Unless he wasnt supposed to tank and insisted on it? I dont understand what you are trying to say...

KD: I recommend going to other sites to ask this, EoFF while have FFXI players isnt really the best place to find out about informations about entire servers or things like that....you should go to bigger and more established FF sites like KillingIfrit, Alakazham, or FFXIOnline among others and see if you can get better concrete information from people across different servers.

Carl the Llama
06-21-2008, 01:27 AM
thanks for the suggestion, I might just go and do that... I really do wanna play this game but it drives me insane that I can never seem to find a group of people to play with.

Masamunemaster
06-21-2008, 09:21 AM
well I was going to tank and let the whms heal me alot, and him dps, but he said nooooo I wanna tank, so I let him, then it went crazy