PDA

View Full Version : FEET!

Deborah
06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
A human foot has been found on a beach near the west-coast city of Vancouver, Canadian police say.

It is the fifth human foot to wash up on beaches in the area in the past year. The latest find is a left foot, whereas the other four were right feet.

Walkers spotted the body part floating in water off the suburb of Westham Island in British Columbia on Monday.

Police and coroners are trying to identify the foot and discover if it is linked to the others found in the area.

All were wearing shoes and had been in the water for some time.

A police spokesman, PC Sharlene Brooks, said the find was being treated as a criminal investigation.

"We are certainly not discounting the possibility that this may be linked to the other recovered feet, but it is just too premature and very speculative for us to even entertain that right now," PC Brookes said.

She said police might not be able to say for some time whether the foot's DNA matched a known missing person, or any of the feet found previously.

Gruesome finds

The previous discoveries, all right feet, were all wearing running shoes.

Last August, two human feet washed up on the beaches of small islands north of Vancouver. Then in February a third single, right foot drifted ashore.

The fourth foot was discovered on a beach in suburban Vancouver in May.

The city's newspapers and coffee shops are buzzing with theories to explain the mystery, says the BBC's Ian Gunn in Vancouver.

Organised crime, boating accidents - even the 2004 Asian tsunami - are all being offered as possible solutions, our correspondent says.

Police have said there is no evidence that the feet were deliberately severed or removed by force.

Forensic experts say it is not unusual for body parts to become separated after they have been in the water for a long time.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Fifth human foot found in Canada (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7458468.stm)

This article was so insane to me, where do you think the five feet came from!? :snowgirl:

Psychotic
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
God, Canada, why can't you just be normal for a change?

Jojee
06-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Scary... some serial killer who likes to sever people's feet and throw it in the water as some kind of identifying shpeal? :p

Yar
06-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh, those crazy canucks and their foot fetishes. :p

Maybe there is a crazed serial killer off-shore who is just smurfing with everybody like stated above.

Or maybe an amputee convention is going on.

Shauna
06-18-2008, 07:07 PM
This happened not too long ago up in the north of Scotland. Severed arms and that found on a beach. It's a pretty scary thought. :(

Hambone
06-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Eww feet. Gross and stnky and fungusy...:(

Peegee
06-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Sounds like an episode of Dexter.

I'm making light of this topic because it's like Rubah's topic and I got confused!

Dynast-Kid
06-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh my God! That's creepy as hell! ;____;

Goldenboko
06-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Obviously (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happening_%282008_film%29).

Tasura
06-19-2008, 07:33 AM
And a 6th has been found as of today.

Aerith's Knight
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Aaah, open sea barbeques..

Those were the days.

Randgris
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Well at least they are feet. Just imagine if it were decapitated heads washing ashore?

Shauna
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Well at least they are feet. Just imagine if it were decapitated heads washing ashore?

After a bit of reading on the incident that happened in a beach here... turns out a head and hands were found on the beach (Worst part is... kids found the head. How traumatic). Maybe it's all connected? :p

Roto13
06-21-2008, 12:55 AM
It happens because the greater Vancouver area has an assload of crime. It's ridiculous and people are completely desensitized to it. My former roommate used to joke about the time his cousin's body washed up on the beach just down the street from his apartment and the head was missing or something.

duckie
06-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Darn those Canadians......

~*~Celes~*~
06-22-2008, 07:31 PM
=[

If I found something like that, I'd be traumatized for life.

Yar
06-22-2008, 11:46 PM
This incident was semi-parodized on Conan this week.

Joel was the killer. :D