PDA

View Full Version : I Let Them Down...

Evastio
06-19-2008, 03:02 AM
So today I was supposed to donate blood to the blood donor clinic but I wasn't able to because they only accepted donors who were 100% healthy and I had a cold so they wouldn't allow me to. I'm really disappointed that I let the people there down since they've been wanting me to donate blood for 4 months already and I was too busy to until now.

So have you guys disappointed anyone lately?

Bahamut2000X
06-19-2008, 03:33 AM
I think it's hardly your fault that you had virus' get inside your body, multiply and mess around with your bodily functions. :p

As for me, probably just in the Chicago meet up coming up. I'm terrible at planning and didn't come anywhere as close to what PG could muster in 2 days when I had months. XD

Ephemera
06-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Yes, I have to say what the above person said, it really isn't your fault that you couldn't give blood this time around. Just next time when you are healthy and have some spare time, head down to a blood bank and you're good to go.

Namelessfengir
06-19-2008, 03:58 AM
i gave blood for the first time this year. i got totally freaked out though cuz i did it on an empty stomach. and they had really bad food too

Ephemera
06-19-2008, 04:03 AM
I can't really give blood.. cauuussee I am kinda sorta perpetually sick. Haha. It works out though because I am needlephobic and don't really want anymore needles in me than I really need.

I've heard some bad stories about it though.. people passing out.. this girl in my class several years back gave blood and ended up passing out, hitting her head and needing to get stitchies. Ouchies.

Momiji
06-19-2008, 04:06 AM
I was an idiot the day I gave blood. I think I made a thread on this a few months ago. Anyway, I was completely healthy, but I hadn't eaten much at all due to nervousness-- they tell you to eat a full breakfast and lunch, I had a packet of fruit snacks and half of my cousin's sandwich. During the whole thing I was fine, until the very end. EVERYTHING went black, I felt like throwing up, and I nearly passed out. But I shook it off after a few minutes and was nothing more than a little dizzy and incoherent for the rest of the day.

As for 'have I disappointed someone recently', I think a better question is 'when HAVEN'T I disappointed someone recently'?

Namelessfengir
06-19-2008, 04:37 AM
It works out though because I am needlephobic and don't really want anymore needles in me than I really need.

I've heard some bad stories about it though.. people passing out.. this girl in my class several years back gave blood and ended up passing out, hitting her head and needing to get stitchies. Ouchies.

im fine with the short ones like hospital taking a blood sample.(except when they cant find the vein!!!)

and the girl with stitches: thats from the sudden blood loss can cause fainting or vomiting.

what really sucked was that at the end when they were taking all the samples whenever they plugged a new vial in i could feel the blood shoot through to the vial.... that got me

rubah
06-19-2008, 07:36 AM
I couldn't donate blood because I freaked out too much. I think you shouldn't be ashamed that you were sick (unless you're ashamed because you didn't read the fine print that says you can't donate if you are sick or have taken certain medicines in the last x months!)

I guess I might've kinda let people down sunday morning by sleeping in instead of going on a boat tour, but I doubt many of them cared for very long.

Lawr
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
My brother threw up after giving blood, and I probably won't be able to give blood when I'm older because I'm as light as a feather.

Jess
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I couldn't give blood when I went to give blood because I'd been sick within the previous 24 hours. I don't know if I'll be able to give blood, because I need to get tested for anaemia first, because I don't have a decent intake of iron and it runs in my family.

I can't think of anything lately. :jess:

Jojee
06-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I can't give blood because I don't weigh enough ;o

Last time I got blood drawn the doctor drew 5-6 vials, forgot, but I totally felt really weird and went crazy when I got home. Like, crying for no reason and then laughing at the same time. xD

Balzac
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I dissapoint people daily.

Peegee
06-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I think it's hardly your fault that you had virus' get inside your body, multiply and mess around with your bodily functions. :p

As for me, probably just in the Chicago meet up coming up. I'm terrible at planning and didn't come anywhere as close to what PG could muster in 2 days when I had months. XD

I wouldn't worry about that to be honest. Did or does anybody who weren't there before I showed up have a credit card to rent a hotel with? Even if you used your parents' card you'd have to 'borrow' it to get a working phone when you check in, or pay a 150$ or whatever deposit like I did in California (there's a learning experience I don't want to do again)

I'm just saying that I just happen to be most able to do it. Actually, I think ed the sock must have a credit card. Wonder why he didn't take charge. No worries mang.

--

I would have to say that the last time I was severely disappointed in myself was when I failed to rescue somebody drowning. Don't worry -- he was rescued by somebody else, but I was right there on top of him and couldn't do it.

The full story is um...I'll tell you over PM. I don't think it's in my LJ

Jojee
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Tell me, tell me. I want stories.

I have a credit card, but I didn't know if I was gonna make it.

Bahamut2000X
06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I have a credit card as well (I mean I will be 21 this year) I just haven't planned any trip before, nor did it occur to me many people would be interested in shacking up in the same hotel together. :p

mooglebunni608
06-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Mom won't let me give blood because she thinks I'm anemic >(

I've disappointed a LOT of people recently. I think most importantly I've let myself down by falling for the one person I can completely love and hate at the exact same time.
:(