PDA

View Full Version : SHE'S GONE FOR GOOD!?!?!

Yar
06-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Well, my summoner whom I invested hours in is now gone forever.:mad2:

What the hell is that? Your character dies and they're gone for an eternity? How is that compensating for all the time I have invested in them? :mad2:

I think I'll just go back to Tactics Advance. I've never played Tactics much, and I don't feel like continuing much more either.

:mad2:

Momiji
06-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Save your game more. That's why it's there.

Zechs
06-19-2008, 11:16 AM
So? Whats the big deal? It has that vivid quality to it. They die, they are now gone... Unless you revive them as they lay dead, then the crystal or chest is the last of that character.

Flying Mullet
06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I always save my game after every battle since so much can happen in a single battle.

Yar
06-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I have been saving after every battle. Then I saved too soon before noticing she was gone.

Karellen
06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
You're party will probably be all special characters end game anyway.

VeloZer0
06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
I found the permanent death in FFT to be a good balance between making it important to keep characters alive and not punishing bad luck. In strategy RPGs I’ve played which don't have permanent death it seems allot of the battles become battles of attrition, where you slowly lose of characters throughout the course of the battle and finish with only a few left.

NeoTifa
06-26-2008, 01:41 AM
i think it seems a little realistic. i mean, it adds to the whole tactic part. i only use 5 chars anywho, including ramza. im low level now (new game) but im trying for ramza maybe as knight, an archer, a monk, a white/time mage, and a wizard/oracle. perfect party imo. bards, dancers, and calculators seem stupid kinda