PDA

View Full Version : .Hack series

Carl the Llama
06-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, iv just started playing the .hack series (iv completed // Infection and am (I think) half way through // Mutation and I hear there is a new (dunno if its new or its just new to me) series called GU now im wondering (as is typicle of those japs) if the game has actully left Japan and if so is it avalible in the EU (namely England).

Secondly whats everyones thoughts about the first series, someone told me that it would make more sense if I watch the anime series .Hack//Sign and again was wondering where I would be able to get ahold of such movies and if they are fan subbed or they are actully released in english?

Other then that im throughly enjoying my visit to The World ^^

Karellen
06-19-2008, 02:58 PM
I played a few hours of the first one a couple years ago. It seemed pretty bad.

Tasura
06-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I assume GU is out over that way, since it's been out here for over a year or so. There are 3 games in it, and the games are a direct sequel to the ROOTS series. You would understand more of the first 4 games if you watched SIGN, but the series is a bit lackluster.

Cloud88
06-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I finished the first series a couple of years ago. It was good while it lasted and I've often thought of starting again, but the thought of going through all those dungeons again for a ten second cutscene, blech. But some of the allies you get in the later games kick ass.

Shoeberto
06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I remember how impressive the concept was and how people seemed so let down by the execution... shame it all kinda passed by without making that huge of a splash, especially since like I said the concept was pretty amazing for the time.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I love Dot Hack the anime and Dot Hack the game series.
Watching the anime does exsplain somethings but not everything. So, I suppoes it would help some what. But the later games are just as good as the first two.
The Anime is released in English and comes in DVDS. I have a few.
Dot Hack GU was available in America October 24, 2006. But, I'm not sure if it's released in EU, I assume it is. I haven't played it and don't really want to, to be honest. :P

escobert
06-20-2008, 02:31 AM
I liked the games they did get a bit borring with the dungeon crawling but I love .HACK//sign. I also have .HACK//Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet which is another 12 episode anime. Then there is .HACK//roots series and that goes with GU. I've yet to watch much of root or play GU. but I do plan on it.

JackNapier
06-20-2008, 03:50 AM
I love the series, however, I've only kept up to date with everything until Roots. I haven't watched it or played any of the GU games yet.

Moon Rabbits
06-20-2008, 05:40 AM
I liked .hack//INFECTION, which really is like playing the whole series because they are EXACTLY. THE. FUCKING. SAME.

Markus. D
06-25-2008, 01:39 AM
No GU here yet unless you import =]

ValkyrieWing
06-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I liked the .hack series, but i havent gotten to finish Quarantine yet. ><

Masamunemaster
06-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I was acctually thinking of picking up the series again, I would love for them to bring out the anime on AS again...I misses it:(