PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jessica!

Peegee
06-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Okay

Which Jess did I just address? Because there are 3 of you in my MSN list.

I actually want more now. Who else is called Jessica here?

Oh yeah topic: What's the most common name you know?

My name is 'Michael'. You have no frigging idea how utterly annoying it is to have one of the most popular male names in the universe. My brother 'Raymond' never has this problem. Jerk.

Rye
06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Jessica, for my age group, because Jessica was the most popular girl name in the last 80s - early 90s. I've been in classes with 3 other Jessica's, it makes me so mad. xD

Michael is another one, yes, that's my brother's name. We both have insanely popular names and I hate it. That's why I'm giving my child uncommon fruity names.

Psychotic
06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
My brother 'Raymond' never has this problem. Jerk.You should make a sitcom about how much you hate him.

I think Daniel is a more popular name at EoFF than Jessica. I can think of five active posters off the top of my head.

Jess
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I can think of 3 other Jess' I went to school with that were in my Year. There may have been more.

I know a lot of Daniels/Dans/Dannys, online and off. I think the most common name I encounter offline is Ben - I think I know like 7/8 Bens. :jess:

Rye
06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Chris is insanely common. I must know dozens and dozens of Chris' from my school alone.

rubah
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I definitely went to school with about 5 ashleys and brittanys apiece. at any given time. out of 100 kids in my grade.

Shoeberto
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I only knew one other Stuart all through high school. Since he was a year older he was titled Big Stu and I was Little Stu, in our circle of friends. Then he graduated and I was the dominant one! Or at least he left high school. I don't know that he got a diploma.

At orientation for college we had to put our name in and stand in line to wait to get our ID photo taken. When I was towards the front of the line they called "Stuart?" and I spoke up to go... and so did the dude standing right in front of me. Turned out it was for him. We both had a good chuckle about that (it will probably never ever happen again)

Jojee
06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I dunno, I think Alex is pretty common.

I'm Yuejiao, so I never have this problem! And my English name Joy isn't that common either. ^_^

Peegee
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I dunno, I think Alex is pretty common.

I'm Yuejiao, so I never have this problem! And my English name Joy isn't that common either. ^_^

So

frigging

Asian

Jojee
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Never! And oh please, you don't have a Chinese name? o.o

Peegee
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Never! And oh please, you don't have a Chinese name? o.o

My name is ..

actually let's not get into that here.

pg: Asian.

less than three.

Rye
06-19-2008, 04:07 PM
His Chinese name is Chingchangchongwasabi. :bigsmile:

Breine
06-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Rasmus and Søren are both popular male names in Denmark. As for girl names Christina, Rikke and Camilla are very popular.

Goldenboko
06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Didn't we just have this thread? xD

Peegee
06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
His Chinese name is Chingchangchongwasabi. :bigsmile:

Chingchangchongwasabi
程 常 张 わさび,ワサビ

Denmark
06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I think the most common name I encounter offline is Ben - I think I know like 7/8 Bens. :jess:

You know seven-eighths of a person? :bigsmile:

I know a crapton of Michaels, a few Justins, some Johns and Jons, and a number of Katies.

And I also know a Randi, a Kelda, a Seetha, a Zubair, a guy who is either Sai or Lu Mon, a Rayanna, a Joni, a Margaux, a Stella, a Mio, an Aileen, and a Cali.

Thread hijack: uncommon names.

Zeldy
06-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I know a Ceri (just said like Kerry), that was an unusual name. My Mum's called Gillian, which isn't so common.

There were 3 or 4 Amy's in my year group, which I thought was alot. I ended up getting used to hearing my name getting shouted and not looking up, as 90% of the time it wasn't aimed at me xD

Madame Adequate
06-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Never met another Huxley :monster: Lots of Michaels though.

Peegee
06-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I think the most common name I encounter offline is Ben - I think I know like 7/8 Bens. :jess:

You know seven-eighths of a person? :bigsmile:

I know a crapton of Michaels, a few Justins, some Johns and Jons, and a number of Katies.

And I also know a Randi, a Kelda, a Seetha, a Zubair, a guy who is either Sai or Lu Mon, a Rayanna, a Joni, a Margaux, a Stella, a Mio, an Aileen, and a Cali.

Thread hijack: uncommon names.

The most uncommon name (because I only know one) is Moranda.

Denmark
06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Never met another Huxley :monster: Lots of Michaels though.

But what was your original name, Mr. "Hobbes"? Perhaps you've met someone with that name.

Freya
06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
I personally know a bunch of Kaycees all spelled different o.o But surprisingly none on eoff o.o

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2008, 09:32 PM
There is always another Jessica. ALWAYS. Seriously. I don't even respond to my own name anymore.

Someone in the hallway'll be like

HAI JESSICA! and eight girls will turn their heads.

Miriel
06-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Biblical names are always really common. I know a lot of Jasons, Daniels, Davids, Hannahs, Rachel, etc.

Sergeant Hartman
06-19-2008, 09:50 PM
In my classes in school, there was always someone with the same first name as me and someone with the same surname as me :/

Caraliz
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I haven't met many other Liz's or Elizabeth's really. I can count the number I've met in person on both hands. :love:

Also I want to know PG's asian name. :kaolove:

Lawr
06-20-2008, 01:10 AM
I know 6 Tylers offline. There are a lot of Dans and Danielles online.

Mogi
06-20-2008, 01:26 AM
ogod.
I don't even answer to David anymore. There are just tooooooo many Davids. So then, when someone really is talking to me....

DAVID! DAVID? DAVID! DAVID? DAVID! DAVID?

And I still feel like an idiot, but for NOT looking.
D:

Drift
06-20-2008, 01:32 AM
i know quite a few rob(ert)s and daniels but i still have yet to meet someone with the same first name as I! Clement.

Evastio
06-20-2008, 03:35 AM
The only common names I can think of is Matthew and Ben.

My name is quite unique so I never have the problem of someone calling my name when they're calling someone else with the same name (What? Are you guys expecting me to reveal my real name or something?)

Værn
06-20-2008, 04:10 AM
My name is Nick.
I had a friend in my old CAD class named Nick.
I had a friend who was taking a carpentry class at FCCC named Nick.
There was another person in the mechanics class named Nick.
I had a friend at my home school named Nick.
One of my brothers used to have a friend named Nick.
My other brother presently has a friend named Nick.
I have a friend from Ragnarok named Nick.
And, though it isn't spelled the same, I have another internet-friend named Nik.

That's 9, just off the top of my head. That's why I go by "Ling" 75% of the time.

Faris
06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
The most common name I hear is Matt. Personally I know about three of them. I remember when I was younger, one of my friends had a crush on 4 different Matts. Sara(h) is another popular name around here.

Peegee
06-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Also I want to know PG's asian name. :kaolove:

Chingchangchongwasabi
程 常 张 わさび,ワサビ

Arc_Master_14
06-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Brandon is quite popular but my name almost no one has it Brady is a small name in the world

Dr. Acula
06-21-2008, 11:12 AM
We all have common, extremely English names in my family (except my parents, both of whom have French names). My brothers are named Michael, Christopher, Anthony and Aaron. THEY'RE ALL TOO COMMON!!!!!

Citizen Bleys
06-21-2008, 11:53 AM
In my hometown, everyone* was named either Heather or Sarah. So, if you wanted to cheat on your girlfriend, you didn't need to worry about moaning the wrong woman's name, since you'd have a 50/50 chance of getting it right anyways.

*Including some of the guys, I'm sure.

Jiro
06-21-2008, 12:41 PM
i know quite a few rob(ert)s and daniels but i still have yet to meet someone with the same first name as I! Clement.

I have a friend called Clem. My name, you'd think, is pretty unique. Dakoda. Well, like that it is. But I know 8 or 9 Dakota's. Bastards. And one of them even stole my nick name. Grr

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Parents aren't too inventive these days

Laddy
06-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Michael is my name. Funny PG and I have the same name which is fairly common, and we both have Weirdest Member nominations.