PDA

View Full Version : Best Black Mages song (too many to make poll)

jammi567
06-19-2008, 10:01 PM
So, which are your favorites? Mine's their remimix of One Winged Angel (hell of a lot better then the original) and Force Your Way (original VIII).

NeoCracker
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Dancing Mad and Clash on the Big Bridge are both epic.

qwertysaur
06-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Clash on the Big Bridge

JackNapier
06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Clash on the Big Bridge, Force Your Way, Dancing Mad, Fight With Seymour, Matoya's Cave, One Winged Angel, Distant Worlds (from the new album).

I could go on, it's just way too hard for me to pick one.

Zechs
06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to state which isn't the best song?

If not, I'll stick with Dancing Mad.

Jessweeee♪
06-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Those Who Fight Further, J-E-N-O-V-A, and Hunter's Chance :</>D!

Oh, and Skies Above, because Mr. Goo is awesome.

Brennan
06-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Clash on the Big Bridge and The Skies Above

Fynn
06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I see that the newest album is getting too little credit. I'll say 'Darkness and Starlight' (VI - opera scene) is my favorite. Gotta love what they did with the duel part.

rubah
06-24-2008, 07:09 PM
the decisive battle, clash on the big bridge, the skies above, blue blast, maybe I'm a lion, man with the machine gun = **** on itunes.

*goes to listen*
*needs to dl the newest one ;D*

Heath
06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
My favourites are probably: Clash on the Big Bridge, Zeromus, Distant Worlds, Hunter's Chance, Battle with the Four Fiends and Vamo' Alla Flamenco. Always had soft spot for Matoya's Cave too. Love that bit when it goes all 8-bit.

Depression Moon
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
The Skies Above, The Battle with the Four Fiends, and Vamo Alla Flamenco are among my favorites.

Avarice-ness
06-25-2008, 06:19 AM
I see that the newest album is getting too little credit. I'll say 'Darkness and Starlight' (VI - opera scene) is my favorite. Gotta love what they did with the duel part.

I'm downloading the new one right now, AND I WAS REALLY SCARED THAT THEY RUINED THE OPERA, BUT NOW I'M NOT as.. scared.

That was my impression of a 5 year old rambling.

Anyways, I'm getting the cd right now, but I love the four elementals theme from FFIV (Battle with the four fiends I think) and.. dancing Mad, DUR.

Edit: Dammit.. I don't really like it. I was hoping to god they weren't going to use the Maria with the "fat" voice and they did. Plus the japanese guys reminded me to much of Iron Chef, atleast when they were talking. Other than the random cut offs of coolness, it really was just the same as the Orchestral Game concert Drako and Maria song, except with some more synths and a rock ballad drum beat. The good parts came up, but then it was always killed by the next part in the song. Now I'm just depressed.

blackmage_nuke
06-25-2008, 07:12 AM
The first one that comes to mind is Force your way.

Darkness and Starlight mightve been my favourite if it werent for the female opera singer, who sounded like an effeminate male and had a vibrato that was far too wide. Maybe thats just the way opera is meant to be but i dont like it. Other than that it was great. It wouldve been better if they syncronised the song in time with the scene so you could watch the scene and listen to the song at the same time.

Avarice-ness
06-25-2008, 07:20 AM
The first one that comes to mind is Force your way.

Darkness and Starlight mightve been my favourite if it werent for the female opera singer, who sounded like an effeminate male and had a vibrato that was far too wide. Maybe thats just the way opera is meant to be but i dont like it. Other than that it was great. It wouldve been better if they syncronised the song in time with the scene so you could watch the scene and listen to the song at the same time.

YES, I KNOW YOU WHAT YOU MEAN. And it wasn't even that, she sounded SO much better in Draku Maria, but like.. that's what I call a fat voice. It's basically singing in the back of your throat 100% of the time to be able to bellow out certain notes. If you notice for a second when she sings higher her voice is more clear and actually sounds operatic, the lower notes which are.. most of the song her voice is more shakey and at some points she actually loses the low note but has it covered up with a breath, you can tell that she's forcing the vibrato for the lower notes, which is what gives her the fat voice.
Opera is suppose to be that vibrato-y but most of the time you can atleast tell there are different words and syllables and.. everything just smashed together. That's why I tend to like soprano singers over alto, most of the time there's more clarity in their voice and they're able to sing with more power and less from the back of their throat.

s[H]sIkuA
08-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Darkness and Starlight is great but too long imho and I agree with the female vocal ...

So I'll choose Clash on the Big Bridge

SeeDRankLou
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
They have so many good ones, but if I were forced to choose I guess I would say Maybe I'm a Lion.

ReloadPsi
08-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Those Who Fight Further. It's as if they just took Sara ni tatakau monotachi and made it sound like Uematsu felt that it was originally supposed to. The only downside is they simplified the bass a great deal.

Markus. D
09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I'll be honest, I've had high expectations each new album.

Just cannot get into the music, every song seems to remove a certain element I liked in the original.

arcanedude34
09-06-2008, 07:07 PM
All BM songs are extremely good (with the exception of Otherworld, which I found to be a considerable disappointment) but my favorites would have to be (in no particular order) Dancing Mad, Premonition, Force Your Way, Darkness and Starlight, Skies Above, Distant Worlds. Of course songs like Neo ExDeath, Those Who Fight, Decisive Battle... they're all fantastic. Like I said, Otherworld is the only BM song I just can't appreciate.

black orb
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
>>> I really like, Distant Worlds.