PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII at E3!

Croyles
06-20-2008, 03:09 AM
http://www.videogaming247.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ffxiii8.jpg
Square Enix has confirmed to VG247 this afternoon that Final Fantasy XIII will appear at E3 this year.

“There’s going to be more things happening for XIII at E3,” said a rep. “That’s all I can say at the moment. And throughout the year there’s more things planned as well, which should shed more light on the release timings.”

The news comes after a story saying FF Versus XIII had been put on hold to assist in the development of FFXIII was proven to be incorrect (http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/19/square-ff-versus-xiii-full-steam-ahead-hold-story-from-poor-translation/).

Confirmation the game will show colours at the show will come as great relief both to fans and Sony alike. Big trailer megaton for the press conference, please.

More soon.
videogaming247 » Blog Archive » Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for E3, dating hint possible (http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/19/final-fantasy-xiii-confirmed-for-e3-dating-hint-possible/)

I hope this one is true...

Dynast-Kid
06-20-2008, 05:26 AM
OMG! Finally! I'm tired of looking at the same trailers and magazine scans over and over...

I hope they show more of the summons. They all look really neat so far.

Bolivar
06-20-2008, 06:38 AM
OMG! Finally! I'm tired of looking at the same trailers and magazine scans over and over...

My thoughts exactly. I think we're nearing the time where this game is leaving Duke Nukem Forever land.

[.Pearl.]
06-20-2008, 07:30 PM

I hope they show more of the summons. They all look really neat so far.

Agreed! :D

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2008, 12:46 AM
This should be interesting. I'm hoping for actual gameplay footage, or even I can hope a little. A playable demo...

Overall, I just want new information.

Croyles
06-21-2008, 02:31 AM
There wont be a playable demo at E3.
Gameplay footage has already been shown in the trailer, I reckon they will just release another trailer but different, if theres proper long gameplay it will be shown at TGS and not at E3

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2008, 03:13 AM
There wont be a playable demo at E3.
Gameplay footage has already been shown in the trailer, I reckon they will just release another trailer but different, if theres proper long gameplay it will be shown at TGS and not at E3

I know it was too much to ask...

I just want more than 10 seconds of an edited battle. I would like to see summons in use, Limit Breaks, a leveling system and more environment (in game characters walking around cities and dungeons) so we can get a better assessment how it may play.

Croyles
06-21-2008, 03:20 AM
I figured thats what you meant.

There MIGHT be a playable demo at TGS, but only maybe.

champagne supernova
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
No mention of Versus then?
I'll be absolutely amazed if they produced a playable demo at E3 (of XIII). But, I don't really mind the delay. VII was quite delayed too, and it turned out alright. I'd rather they make the game to the vision they want, completely done, than give me XII again.

Wolf Kanno
06-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Versus is still a ways away. I thought I heard that VXIII was not not likely to be released with XIII? I could be wrong though...

Any thoughts on what we may see or SE might announce? Perhaps a Japanese release date?

Dragonsoul
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be released anywhere near Final Fantasy XIII. This is because the target audiences overlap so much and it's both from Square Enix and the games are super huge for them. :D

I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but Square Enix is having an event on August 2-3 in Japan, here's what they have there...
Square Enix: No, You Cannot Party Demo Final Fantasy XIII (Only Watch!) (http://kotaku.com/5017491/no-you-cannot-party-demo-final-fantasy-xiii-only-watch)

FINAL FANTASY XIII(PS3)Trailer
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII(PS3)Trailer
FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII(Mobile)Trailer
KINGDOM HEARTS Coded(Mobile)Trailer
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days(DS)Trailer/Playable Demo
KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep(PSP)Trailer/Playable Demo
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY(PSP)Trailer/Playable Demo
The 3rd Birthday(Mobile)Trailer
Sigma Harmonics(DS)Trailer/Playable Demo
FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE(Movie/Blu-ray)Trailer

As for new announcements, it's possible they could announce a Usa version for cell/psp/ds of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis, or a port of Final Fantasy IV: The After for later in Usa. They could announce a new game by the team from FF XII: RW. They could announce information on their Mmorpg "Rapture" from the Final Fantasy XI. Also, they could announce what FF Haeresis XIII is.

tidus_rox
06-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Lalalalala...
They are not going to have a playable demo, that's for sure. I think it was said to arise "Late 2008." I am really glad that MGS4 came out when it did. I have it, then when I am through with it, LittleBigPlanet will arrive, then my plan ends there :P

FFVXIII Is the one that I can't wait for!!!

Dragonsoul
06-26-2008, 04:44 AM
There's a small chance they could announce Final Fantasy V for the DS but I think it's too early for that, and Square Enix's party in Early August would also be too early I think. I wonder when TGS and Jump Festa are? Maybe it can be announced there I think.