PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay!

=Angelus=
06-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Lets talk cosplay.. I know most of you have probably seen a fair share of FFVII cosplays around, so lets ask a few questions.

Who would you want to cosplay from FFVII?
How would you go about getting the clothings/props?
Kick-ass stuff you could do that'd make you stand-out in character?

In my case, a friend is dragging me to cosplay with her.. She's doing Gunner Yuna from FFX2, and i decided to pick the Advent Children styled Cid Highwind..

Due to the simplicity of his clothes in Advent children, all i need is a blue shirt and some alterations, Cargo pants, the leather jacket i'd be looking into some discount/2nd-hand stores, goggles probably off some biker-fashion store, and Dog-tag from any army-ish store. The Spear might need a bit of personal crafting to make it neat and non-leathal, and hairspray for the finish. :)

as for a kick-ass punch line.. remember one of his limit breaks "Dynamite" inside the game?

Cid: Ya know why i smoke?
Cid takes a stick of dynamite from his inventory and lights it with his cigarette
Cid: Cuz smokin' kills..
*flings to the general crowd*
BOOM (sound effects)

my parents might kill me if they found me with cigarettes though :p

Namelessfengir
06-20-2008, 06:21 AM
maybe vincent. i kinda like that red coat/cape thing. as for making it.... it would be my first attempt of making from scratch so it would look pretty damn bad

edit: and why the hell would you make the spear non-lethal???? thats takes all the fun out of making a weapon.

Bahamut2000X
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I would pick someone who's hardly cosplayed as. Maybe Hojo. Maybe someone else. Who knows.

PeneloRatsbane
06-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Vincents a tricky one to pull off. Turks are easier, how about grabbing a wig and going as Tseng.

I've seen a lot of Hojo's in my time. how about going risque and trying Tifa or Yuffie

Heath
06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Heideggar. An excuse to get even more out of shape, grow a beard and work on an awesome laugh? Oh yes.

Suvious
06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I'm blonde so Pres Shinra, Cloud (If I'm mental) Cid or Yuffie as a joke.

BG-57
06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I resemble Reeve the most I guess, so it'd be easy to get a suit in the right color and I'd just carry a Cait Sith plushie (just the cat, not the Moogle) and a control box around with me.

Cowboy Girl
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
If I could dye my hair without it being permanate I'd try Rufus. If not, buy a wig and go as Reno. Or maybe Reeve... my hair's the right color.

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Aeris...I think...

How would you go about getting the clothings/props?
Internet, maybe? Maybe I could sew most of the costume

Kick-ass stuff you could do that'd make you stand-out in character?
I'll see if I can find a way to make it look like there's a sword through my back.

I've seen a lot of Cloud and Tifa cosplay, but nothing else. One of the Clouds had a wig, but it was NOT SPIKEY at all xD

It was the right color, but it was mad scientist-looking.

=Angelus=
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Hehe, i saw some rather intersting FFVII AC wigs at www.koshinaka.blogspot.com (http://www.koshinaka.blogspot.com)

Suddenly, i feel like doing Reno.. but well.. i guess that can wait as my 2nd attempt at cosplay =P

Jessweeee.. walking around with a sword through your back, would just scare little children wouldn't it? it might inspire more Sephiroths to be born too =O

Aerisfanatic
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Aeris obviously!

Of coarse i already have the costumes already I just need to pick between regular Aeris, Wall Market Aeris, or KH Aeris.

Big D
07-06-2008, 03:23 AM
as for a kick-ass punch line.. remember one of his limit breaks "Dynamite" inside the game?

Cid: Ya know why i smoke?
Cid takes a stick of dynamite from his inventory and lights it with his cigarette
Cid: Cuz smokin' kills..
*flings to the general crowd*
BOOM (sound effects)

my parents might kill me if they found me with cigarettes though :pLighting a stick of fake dynamite could get you arrested or beaten by security :p Neat trick, though.

Because of my hair and overall appearance, I could cosplay as Reeve pretty well, or Zack or Vincent if I shaved, straightened my hair and used some creative makeup. I can design and sew clothing well enough, so I'd be able to make things like Reeve's coat from Dirge of Cerberus, or Vincent's mantle and cape. I'm also good at basic leatherwork, so I could re-create Vincent's holster and belts, or Zack's armour and belts in a few hours. It'd be kinda fun to fabricate a life-sized replica Buster Sword from cardboard and such.

However, I doubt I'd ever actually try something like that.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Hehe, i saw some rather intersting FFVII AC wigs at World of Fantasy (http://www.koshinaka.blogspot.com)

Suddenly, i feel like doing Reno.. but well.. i guess that can wait as my 2nd attempt at cosplay =P

Jessweeee.. walking around with a sword through your back, would just scare little children wouldn't it? it might inspire more Sephiroths to be born too =O

It would only confuse them!

NUUUU WE MISSED HALLOWEEN ;_;

Aerith's Knight
07-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Aeris...I think...

*gives thumbs up*

Aeris obviously!

Of coarse i already have the costumes already I just need to pick between regular Aeris, Wall Market Aeris, or KH Aeris.

KH Aeris, she looks awfully cute in those games. ^__^

--------------------------------

Vincent for me as well, the cape is just too awsome.

scrumpleberry
07-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Tifa would probably be the closest out of the playables apart from, you know, the massive knockers. Also I don't look azn enough. I'd say Jessie, I always thought she was awesome.

Aerith's Knight
07-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Tifa would probably be the closest out of the playables apart from, you know, the massive knockers. Also I don't look azn enough. I'd say Jessie, I always thought she was awesome.

They aren't that big in FFVII: AC

PeneloRatsbane
07-07-2008, 12:20 PM
i thought so too, but upon closer inspection they are still v.big, they are just covered better.
I think they are noticably most huge when u meet her in Crisis core, i was like "woah hello!"

LunarWeaver
07-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Heideggar. An excuse to get even more out of shape, grow a beard and work on an awesome laugh? Oh yes.

Hahaha <3

Oh, I dunno. I'm closest to Yuffie, unfortunately, but I'm not going as a girl >[. I'll go as Sephiroth, even though we look nothing alike. I shall walk through many a fire.

Jojee
07-07-2008, 05:16 PM
White mage! Or black mage! :mog: Or a moogle.

I can't think of anyone that I can actually pull off. I might be able to do Tifa or Rinoa, but they're both super pale and there's like, no dark & long haired women in FF with a tan. :o

Rostum
07-07-2008, 11:14 PM

I can't think of anyone that I can actually pull off. I might be able to do Tifa or Rinoa, but they're both super pale and there's like, no dark & long haired women in FF with a tan. :o

Time to get out the white paint!

PeneloRatsbane
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM

well fran but u need a white wig, and also to be comfortable just walking around in a thong.
lol she rules

Aerith's Knight
07-08-2008, 04:10 PM

well fran but u need a white wig, and also to be comfortable just walking around in a thong.
lol she rules

I approve. :D

Jojee
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Har har. Is she the weird bunny one? xD

PeneloRatsbane
07-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Bunny one, Yes. Weird absolutely not!
these are the words i would use to describe pretty Fran: Witty, tough, lovely and handy at fixing airships and all-round awesome chicadee

Jessica_wohoo
07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I've only cosplayed as Tifa before. I did pretty well I think. I'm not sure if I would be able to do any other character cosplay than Tifa good though, maybe Rinoa.. I guess I'll try sometime :)

Rostum
07-10-2008, 06:18 AM

If you ever wear bunny ears and tail, take pictures and send them to me, please?!

Aerith's Knight
07-10-2008, 10:57 AM

If you ever wear bunny ears and tail and a thong, take pictures and send them to me, please?!

I'm in. xD

Polaris
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Probably Scarlet from the game XD Having red hair doesn't help when it comes to cosplay :(

Shattered Dreamer
07-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I'd love to do Squall as cosplay I'm kinda the brooding type anyway & my hair is pretty similiar anyway no sure I'd part with my beard though just for the sake of it!

=Angelus=
07-15-2008, 05:07 AM
What do you think about this? ;)

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m442/FantasyFamily/Artificer/DSCF0710.jpg